Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 Solicitation

THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1
    Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Art and cover by ALEX DOS DIAZ
    Academy Award-winning screenwriter John Ridley (12 Years a Slave, Let It Fall) examines the mythology of the DC Universe in this compelling new miniseries that reframes iconic moments of DC history and charts a previously unexplored sociopolitical thread as seen through the prism of DC Super Heroes who come from traditionally disenfranchised groups.
    This unique new series presents its story as prose by Ridley married with beautifully realized color illustrations from a selection of exciting illustrators and comics artists. Alex Dos Diaz provides art for #1, which follows the story of Jefferson Pierce, the man who will one day become Black Lightning, as he makes his way from being a young track star to a teacher and, ultimately, to his role as a hero.

Extensively researched and masterfully executed, THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE promises to be an experience unlike any other. You may think you know the history of the DC Universe…but the truth is far more complex. THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE isn’t about saving the world—it’s about having the strength to simply be who you are.
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 01.30.19
    $7.99 US | 1 of 5 | 64 PAGES
    FC | MATURE READERS

Future issues focus on characters such as Karen (Bumblebee) and Mal Duncan (Vox/The Guardian), Tatsu Yamashiro (Katana) and Renee Montoya.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...he-dc-universe
    Last edited by JimmySpectre; 10-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"You may think you know the history of the DC Universe…but the truth is far more complex."

Nobody knows the history of the DC Universe! You keep changing it! I can't believe they're making the OTHER history of DC Universe before they finish defining what's the present DC Universe history. No... wait... I can, because they keep making new characters before they finish redefining current characters for the current universe.

I wonder if each issue will have a different focus character, with this one being Black Lightning?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Sounds really interesting. I'm down for it.

Finally! I've been hyped for this series for a while. **** yes!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hmm... I wonder who this "Kitana" is... (I know nobody proofreads anymore, but I'd hope the solits would do a better job )

I hope they didn't just leave out John Stewart - I recall he was supposed to be part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hmm... I wonder who this "Kitana" is... (I know nobody proofreads anymore, but I'd hope the solits would do a better job )

I hope they didn't just leave out John Stewart - I recall he was supposed to be part of this.
    Kitana: Katana's evil doppelganger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kitana: Katana's evil doppelganger.
    Or maybe Katana's kid sister?

By the way, at a $7.99 price tag, does anybody know how many pages long this is?

Spectacular Member

I am sorry I made a mistake it's "KATANA" (member of SUICIDE SQUAD & THE OUTSIDERS).

I don't know about John Stewart, but each issue of mini-serie will only focus on 1 characters (Black lightning, Bumblebee, katana, Renee Montoya, Vox/The Guardian).

I'm sure John is still a part of this. Considering he's one of the biggest heroes of colors and they are the focus of this story I doubt they'd drop him for this. I think they just didn't include him in the solicit.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Sounds interesting.

Spectacular Member

By the way, at a $7.99 price tag, does anybody know how many pages long this is?
    The solicitation say 64 page

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm sure John is still a part of this. Considering he's one of the biggest heroes of colors and they are the focus of this story I doubt they'd drop him for this. I think they just didn't include him in the solicit.
    Supergirl was also solicited to be a part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supergirl was also solicited to be a part of this.
    Hm, that's an odd character to throw in here. Maybe it's gonna be a feminism centered issue? Iunno. Well, guess it would be most accurate to say the series is largely focused on heroes of color.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2018 at 06:34 PM.

currently following:

Black Lighting! Wow! I wasn't expecting him.

This is awesome for this character to kick things off. Looks like we'll finally be getting a legit updated origin story for him.