Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume it would tackle immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cyborg is one of the biggest heroes of color too and he doesn't seem to be there.

Supergirl is an alien refugee, I assume that would be the subject of her story.
    Granted i'm ignorant of supergirl's stories but it that usually a theme of her stories? Not to say they won't tackle the immigration angle but it seems, to me at least, that Supergirl's social messaging tends to mean more on girl power side. So it seemed to me like it would make more sense to tackle a feminism angle more so than immigration.

As for Cyborg I'm less sure if they will use him. I only figure they're still using John because he was one of the names they announced first and considering he's one if their biggest names. Also the fact that the character has his roots in social activism, it would be weird not to use him.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    One of the more interesting ideas for a series I've seen from DC in a LONG time. I'm super excited and can't wait for the release.

Some people are going to be upset about the race aspect and say "stop making things about race", but it's easy to say that when your race gives you advantages and doesn't make you a figurative and literal target. The best response I've seen to someone saying that was a simple "You first".
    QFT. Nothing one can say after that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Granted i'm ignorant of supergirl's stories but it that usually a theme of her stories? Not to say they won't tackle the immigration angle but it seems, to me at least, that Supergirl's social messaging tends to mean more on girl power side. So it seemed to me like it would make more sense to tackle a feminism angle more so than immigration.
    Supergirl is definitely a "girl power" character but a few of her books have tackled the isolation she feels being an alien on a strange new world she calls home, which is more pronounced with Kara then Clark since she actually remembers Krypton.
    As for Cyborg I'm less sure if they will use him. I only figure they're still using John because he was one of the names they announced first and considering he's one if their biggest names. Also the fact that the character has his roots in social activism, it would be weird not to use him.
    I'm kind of hoping John Henry/Steel pops up in this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Kara's immigrant status has been touched on a little bit (maybe more than I realize, I'm no expert) but she does seem to run deeper in "girl power" than "immigrant" narratives. So you know what? I hope they do go "immigrant" with her; do something a little different. It's not like there isn't anything to explore there; unlike Clark, Kara actually lived her life on Krypton. She feels its loss in a much different, often deeper, way than he does. And considering everything happening right now with the immigration issue......

Hell, considering everything going on with women......I welcome Kara's voice here as much as John Stewart's or Ryan Choi's or Vixen's or Renee Montoya's.

Well, I hope they use Cyborg. Dude needs a quality story like this. Plus, I think he's got one of the most unique perspectives in comics. I'm not an expert on Vic but from what I understand he actually grew up pretty privileged and didn't really feel the full....impact, I guess?....of being a minority until he became Cyborg. If I'm misunderstanding his backstory, someone please correct me. But his parents were both important, successful scientists; they weren't Wayne rich but they weren't hurting for money. Vic grew up in a nice neighborhood (I think, right?) in a nice house. He's got a clear, easy path to higher education because he's not only a star football player, he's also got the grades to back it up, and his parents are Alma Mater so he's almost expected to attend. He's still black, and that carries its....issues....no matter what, but Vic's life was a whole lot easier than a lot of black men's. Until the accident, and now people cross the street to avoid him and look at him funny and he stands out everywhere he goes. Where he didn't maybe totally feel the impact of race before, now he's a minority of one. I feel like Victor Stone has a very interesting view of race relations, and I really want to see what that might look like.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-16-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Too bad Connor Hawke isn't a thing in this continuity yet. Would love to see Ridley's take on a biracial character.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Vixen might be a good pick for an issue. I wouldnt mind some of the foreign heroes get a spotlight.