Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silver Age Mangog and Ymir vs Pre-crisis Validus

How fare the team up of two of Asgard's biggest threats together against PC Validus?

No BFR.

What has Ymir done particularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I find myself wondering the same thing.

How do you feel Mangog stacks up to pre crisis characters though?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I believe he, uh ... died ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

He had an extended throwdown that seemed to be even with Surtur, sans Twilight Sword, in a story arc that ended with Thor managing to dump them both to a timeless dimension or some such.

Iiii… guess that might be beyond Validus then? I dunno, the Twilight Sword was a big thing for Surtur.

Iiii… guess that might be beyond Validus then? I dunno, the Twilight Sword was a big thing for Surtur.
    It's a pretty large sword, yes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I find myself wondering the same thing.

How do you feel Mangog stacks up to pre crisis characters though?
    I dunno. His biggest claim to fame was laughing off everything Thor tried to do to him, no?

I dunno. His biggest claim to fame was laughing off everything Thor tried to do to him, no?
    Notable feats include:

Shattering War Thor's hammer in one hand.

Tanking War Thor's best energy blast internally.

Biting the arm off of the Destroyer Armor.

He also takes a full on visor blast from the Destroyer and it blackens his hand but he still HAS a hand.

Tossed in the sun but jumps right out. Physics lolz

Slaughtering a generic asgard battalion

Tanking prolonged Jane Thor lightning barrage

Surviving the Odinian Force Arrow (a honest to goodness asgardian nuclear missile that dropped a mountain on him lol)

Edit: Dude also survived a direct hit from the Rigellian sun shredder. An energy cannon that can knock the core of a star out of the star
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-16-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

You're blending silver age Mangog with modern, there, near as I can tell ;p

I would say the Destroyer armor stuff is impressive as far as a scale of silver age pre crisis characters, but then again the Destroyer armor has been pretty variable under Aaron.

You're blending silver age Mangog with modern, there, near as I can tell ;p

I would say the Destroyer armor stuff is impressive as far as a scale of silver age pre crisis characters, but then again the Destroyer armor has been pretty variable under Aaron.
    Ack. I forgot that stipulation. Apologies.

Well, silver age has less feats to pull from but more implied power from presentation. Odin was literally terrified of the guy on multiple occasions.

He still ignored the Arrow, Thor's best, was trapped "in a nova" but escaped, and ignored Silver Surfer blasting him.

Didn't Destroyer wreck Gladiator under Aaron? It was off screen methinks but still.
    - big_adventure

Ack. I forgot that stipulation. Apologies.
    The OP notes Silver Age Mangog ;p

Didn't Destroyer wreck Gladiator under Aaron? It was off screen methinks but still.
    Yeah, and Gladiator was actually worth a crap under Aaron, so I suppose that's a point in the Destroyer and thus Mangog's favour, but then again, off panel, and also again, thread about Silver Age Mangog ;p

The OP notes Silver Age Mangog ;p

Yeah, and Gladiator was actually worth a crap under Aaron, so I suppose that's a point in the Destroyer and thus Mangog's favour, but then again, off panel, and also again, thread about Silver Age Mangog ;p
    Silver Age as a term is starting to trigger me (°¤°)7

I posted other stuff!! :P The Aaron thing was just for clarity grumble grumble. No curly fries for you.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Silver Age as a term is starting to trigger me (°¤°)7

I posted other stuff!! :P The Aaron thing was just for clarity grumble grumble. No curly fries for you.
    Is it because there was never a silver age Arby's ?

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is it because there was never a silver age Arby's ?
    *explodes*
    - big_adventure