Default Thoughts on newest season of Dr Who.

I was never a fan of Dr. Who. I always felt the show was too silly and too campy IMO. I have been watching the newest season and it seems the new episodes are not only shot better, but it seems they are going with a much more grounded take. You can't get rid of all the silly nonsense (it's Dr. Who) but they have got rid of enough of it that the show is watchable...heck...enjoyable.

No thoughts on the newest Doctor because they are all the same IMHO. Just an actor doing the same manic/eccentric/clever schtick.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

We have a thread for this.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well, what would be Dr Who without the silly and campy? It's part of the charm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I was never a fan of Dr. Who. I always felt the show was too silly and too campy IMO.
    That's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No thoughts on the newest Doctor because they are all the same IMHO. Just an actor doing the same manic/eccentric/clever schtick.
    Blatantly untrue.

Read here:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...e-a-jelly-baby

There are 300 plus pages of our thoughts on Doctor Who. (It's Doctor, not Dr.)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Blatantly untrue.
    Indeed. There are lot of differences between the different incarnations of dr. Who. I mean, Tennant and Smith weren't quite the same character for example.