Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So what’s with all the triple shipping? Looks like i’m dropping terriffics and one other book... looking forward to seeing control freak in teen titans annual!
    You didn't read my post a few above yours, I take it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That happens when those 4th week titles are bumped from end of December to early January because of the holiday.
    All the 4th week books from December got bumped to early January. The day before Wednesday December 26th (the 4th Wednesday) is Christmas Day, so no shipping on that date (and most stores wouldn't have been open on that day anyway, at least here in the U.S.). And if they had tried to get the books to ship for delivery Monday the 24th, well, that's Christmas Eve, and who knows how insane that would have been.

Yeah. Marvel got around it by shipping their books a week early. DC chose to ship a week late instead. As a result, a few books are out on Jan 2, 16, and 30.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Me:

Young Justice
    Action Comics
    The Batman Who Laughs
    Justice League
    Superman

You didn't read my post a few above yours, I take it?
    All the 4th week books from December got bumped to early January. The day before Wednesday December 26th (the 4th Wednesday) is Christmas Day, so no shipping on that date (and most stores wouldn't have been open on that day anyway, at least here in the U.S.). And if they had tried to get the books to ship for delivery Monday the 24th, well, that's Christmas Eve, and who knows how insane that would have been.
    I came in late, actually.😏

Thoughts:

- Well, at least Cassie is mentioned in the Young Justice solicit, even if the poor girl isn't on the cover...although Jenni Hex's official debut is supposed to be in Bendis' Batman story for the Walmart magazines and Teen Lantern is supposed to be in Morrison's Green Lantern run.

- I hope Bendis does a better job of an adoption story in Naomi then he did with Iron Man.

- Is that supposed to be one of Darkseid's wives on that "Mysteries of Love and Space" cover? I also wonder which Green Lantern will be in that anthology. Scott and Barda for the New Gods story? Will Hawkman be in Hawkgirl's story?

- Mera trying to find a missing Arthur is definitely in-character. Time will tell how DeConnick's Aquaman run will shape up.

- "Force Quest?" Really? I mean, really? And it looks like Barry's already found him a new sidekick to replace Wallace, even if he has to save him from Godspeed in the Flash annual. I'm really curious how Bart will react to Wally's death if he finds out in that annual, and if Barry will meet Bart.

- So is Green Arrow going to be shifting creative teams now? That's never a good sign.

- Morrison already sounds like he's going big with Green Lantern, with the League taken out and Hal going toe-to-toe with some big Cosmic baddies. I wonder who'll be part of his squad?

- A version of Hawkman on Krypton is a pretty interesting premise.

- Shayera Hol? Is time-travel going to be involved here or is Shayera not going to be a reincarnation of Chay-Ara even though Katar is now a reincarnation of Khufu? And I'm guessing by the cover that a young Lex Luthor and J'onn encountered one another somehow.

- The annual looks interesting for focusing on the Titans, and is Mera part of the League again?

- "o save her teammates, Starfire must absorb the next language in the Codex in order to gain new, dark powers." Does this not involve kissing? Because if not, I'll be disappointed .

- Isn't M'yri'ah J'onn's wife? I'm not sure how that constitutes a "love affair" unless we're going to see how they actually fell in love.

- And thus does Williams' Suicide Squad run come to an end to usher forth the beginning of Azarrelo.

- Breaking into the Batcave is a Robin right of passage...although I wonder what leads to Damian being betrayed by Jason? Maybe Jason ended up informing on Damian to Batman?

- Man, Plastic Man sure discovers his secret family a lot with all the continuity reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    . . . - A version of Hawkman on Krypton is a pretty interesting premise.
    I thought they already showed / mentioned that idea in the very first issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Shayera Hol? Is time-travel going to be involved here or is Shayera not going to be a reincarnation of Chay-Ara even though Katar is now a reincarnation of Khufu? And I'm guessing by the cover that a young Lex Luthor and J'onn encountered one another somehow.
    Wasn't the version of Shayera Hol in the post-CoIE Hawkworld series not a "Hawkgirl" or "Hawkwoman"?
    At one point, didn't they wind up retroactively assigning all those Silver/Bronze Age stories (as well as the 1986-to-early 1989 tales) to the original Golden Age Hawkman and Hawgirl instead once some idiots at DC decided that Katar Hol didn't actually appear on Earth until 1989?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I thought they already showed / mentioned that idea in the very first issue?
    Only briefly, he's shown in that big splash page of all the different Hawkmen.

Spectacular Member

Shayera's being reintroduced? I wonder how their gonna reconcile her and Kendra existing at the same time. Though the last issue of Hawkman did mention the possibility of Hawk reincarnations not necessiarily happening in a linear order so I suppose it's possible that two versions of them could be running a round at the same time with the same "Soul" so to speak and possibly actually be 100s of rencarnations apart.

I hope the Justice League annual has some interaction between Donna Troy and Diana and M'gann and J'onn as it appears to be a crossover with Titans and lord knows Donna needs some help right now with her depression and drinking problems steming from that. And M'gann's relationship with J'onn needs more establishing in general since she was so recently reintroduced + the last issue seemed to make her the interm leader and im sure the pressure of that will weigh on her. And just in general I want to see more interactions between the big JL heroes and their younger counterparts. I feel like we really do not get enough of that and all characters involved could beneift if we got more.

Also looks like Mera's rejoining the League while Arthur has his amnesia arc.

Im kinda expecting Catar-ol to be the original Kryptonian Nightwing, the symbols he's wearing certainly look it.
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-15-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Superman #7. Great cover. Maybe after last issue where things finally started to move it will continue to.
    Action Comics #1006-1007. It sounds like I've been reading the same solicits over and over again each month. I guess after issues like last months where nothing happened I can see why.
    Hawkman #8. Also great cover. This series is really good but once again. Taking forever to get anywhere. Issue 8 and still haven't finished the first story line. Can comics actually have plot in them and move the story along these days?????
    Justice League Dark #7. That is one scary cover. I see Tynion is really going for the horror vibe. Also Thank goodness the only good series so far that actually moves.
    The Green Lantern #3. Weird. Morrison is definitely on this. Please be coherent Morrison and not I took a double dose of acid Morrison.
    Young Justice #1. Super excited for this. Love these guys and the original YJ was so good. If Bendis could capture even half of that it will be great.
    Superman 100 page super spectacular #1. This is an amazing surprise. 100 Pages of Superman brought to us by the great Marv Wolfman. Seems to be a throw back to when Superman was good too. Also I know I've said this twice already but that cover is so so amazing. I mean Superman's shadow flying through a cornfield to Metropolis. Whoever came up with the concept for the cover deserves a raise.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

Are the New Age of DC Heroes books going up in price soon, or is Silencer #13 at $3.99 a mistake? If they are going up, then that'll be the end of mainstream superhero books at $2.99. At least DC's younger audience books are still lower. Marvel doesn't have ANY at $2.99 that I know of. Better change the subject before I sound old and mention that back when I started reading, the Superman line was "still 75 cents!"

Not reading Aquaman, but is that Mera on the cover? She's not colored as a redhead.

Young Justice #1 and that's it but couldn't be more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Are the New Age of DC Heroes books going up in price soon, or is Silencer #13 at $3.99 a mistake? If they are going up, then that'll be the end of mainstream superhero books at $2.99. At least DC's younger audience books are still lower. Marvel doesn't have ANY at $2.99 that I know of. Better change the subject before I sound old and mention that back when I started reading, the Superman line was "still 75 cents!"
    Yeah, because Damage 13 is also listed as 3.99. Looks like after 12 issues they all go up. So three more books I might be dropping (Sideways, Silencer, and Terrifics). My DC pull list is getting really small, but the price increase has made me decide to only buy books I really like (so far Deathstroke is the only monthly that has survived) or trade wait.

Terrifics looks great as usual.

They made the new Black Condor black? Facepalm.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Finally something is moving!

I can add Young Justice to my usual skinny list.

Doomsday Clock
    Batman
    Heroes in Crisis
    The Terrifics

I could give Titans a chance again, since it seems that Kyle is definitely part of it.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 10-16-2018 at 01:46 AM.

I just realized The Unexpected will be over at issue 8... I'm so bummed out, I really liked the characters...