Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

In order of excitement:

Other History of the DC Universe #1 - I hope this is half as good as it is in my imagination.
    Doomsday Clock 9 - This series had no business being as great as it is. Hats off to Johns/Frank for hitting it out of the park, so far anyway.
    Heroes in Crisis #4/5 - I'm not into killing characters but I'm very into King/Mann/Weeks/Gerads and the general subject matter. This is right up my alley. And yes I also loved Identity Crisis.
    Young Justice #1 - Finally! Thanks, Bendis! Not to mention Gleason!
    Batman #62/63 - I know some people don't dig King's Batman. I can't get enough of it.
    Justice League #15/16 - Snyder/Jimenez/Cheung/Tynion/Janin is an inspired creative team and I love Snyder's JL best of all his DC work.
    Justice League Annual #1
    The Green Lantern #3 - Morrison/Sharp? Where do I sign?
    Wonder Woman #61/62/63 - strong new creative team
    Aquaman #44 - see above
    Detective Comics #955/956/957 - Tomasi/Mahnke: Hell yeah! A perfect team to get us to 1,000.
    Action Comics #1006/1007 - I'm warming to Bendis' Superman
    Superman #7
    Deathstroke #39 - Priest continues to kill it and an Arkham storyline is irresistible to me.
    Justice League Dark #7 - Most fun I've had reading about magic in the DCU in memory.
    Batman: Damned #2 - for the art if not the writing.

Maybe, depending on preceding issues
    Martian Manhunter - I want to LOVE this
    Catwoman
    Nightwing - I dug 50 and 51 but I'm still on the fence going forward
    Red Hood - Woods is added value and I've loved this book but need to cut back to make room for new stuff
    Old Lady Harley - This looks like it could be super fun. I hope it is!
    Batman and the Outsiders - Like the lineup. We'll see.
    Batman Who Laughs - My interest is piqued.
    Hawkman
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Green Arrow
    Titans
    (I know! But Garth....)
    Catwoman
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 10-18-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    . . . Maybe, depending on preceding issues
    Martian Manhunter - I want to LOVE this
    Catwoman
    Nightwing - I dug 50 and 51 but I'm still on the fence going forward
    Red Hood - Woods is added value and I've loved this book but need to cut back to make room for new stuff
    Old Lady Harley - This looks like it could be super fun. I hope it is!
    Batman and the Outsiders - Like the lineup. We'll see.
    Batman Who Laughs - My interest is piqued.
    Hawkman
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Green Arrow
    Titans
    (I know! But Garth....)
    Catwoman
    I thought there was only one issue of Catwoman shipping in January?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    would it work if she was a new god? like say naomi free?
    I guess it could. But I've the feeling Bendis will make use of something really obscure in the DC lore and make it important.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess it could. But I've the feeling Bendis will make use of something really obscure in the DC lore and make it important.
    Better than making something up out of thin air and trying to tell us it's always been there/important...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Doomsday Clock - heck yes.
    Heroes in Crisis - sigh. We'll see.
    Superman - make it or break it issue for me.
    Action Comics
    Green Lantern - prolly in trades, especially with Morrison.
    Hawkman - Kryptonian? Cool
    JL
    JLD - favorite JL title so far
    Red Hood - my boi

Perhaps:
    - Other History
    - Nightwing

You dig filler issues from King?
    Awesome.

[QUOTE=BatmanJones;3975402]In order of excitement:

Other History of the DC Universe #1 - I hope this is half as good as it is in my imagination.
    Doomsday Clock 9 - This series had no business being as great as it is. Hats off to Johns/Frank for hitting it out of the park, so far anyway.
    Heroes in Crisis #4/5 - I'm not into killing characters but I'm very into King/Mann/Weeks/Gerads and the general subject matter. This is right up my alley. And yes I also loved Identity Crisis.
    Batman #62/63 - I know some people don't dig King's Batman. I can't get enough of it.

You dig fillers? Nice

For me:

$4-BATMAN #62
    $4-BATMAN #63
    $5-THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #2
    $4-CATWOMAN #7
    $4-DEATHSTROKE #39
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #996
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #997
    $5-DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
    $4-GREEN ARROW #48
    $4-HARLEY QUINN #57
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #3
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #4
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #4
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #5
    $4-NIGHTWING #56
    $5-SUICIDE SQUAD #50
    $4-TITANS #32
    $4-TITANS #33

$79 ( ugh. TOO MUCH double shipping still! )

For my kid:

$4-RAVEN, DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS #11
    $4-RAVEN, DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS #12
    $4-TEEN TITANS #26
    $5-TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1

$17 ( Sadly, her last issues. )
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    For me:

$4-BATMAN #62
    $4-BATMAN #63
    $5-THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #2
    $4-CATWOMAN #7
    $4-DEATHSTROKE #39
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #996
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #997
    $5-DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
    $4-GREEN ARROW #48
    $4-HARLEY QUINN #57
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #3
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #4
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #4
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #5
    $4-NIGHTWING #56
    $5-SUICIDE SQUAD #50
    $4-TITANS #32
    $4-TITANS #33

$79 ( ugh. TOO MUCH double shipping still! )
    Well, to be fair, aren't
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #3
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #4
    $4-TITANS #32
    only double-shipping for the one month because DC isn't shipping any new books the fourth week of December (due to Christmas)?

(That's $16 right there that's being moved to January instead of December.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, to be fair, aren't
    $4-DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    $4-OLD LADY HARLEY #3
    $4-HEROES IN CRISIS #4
    $4-TITANS #32
    only double-shipping for the one month because DC isn't shipping any new books the fourth week of December (due to Christmas)?

(That's $16 right there that's being moved to January instead of December.)
    A double-ship is a double ship! I'd only be $3 over budget then! Someday,I'll get things back to $15 a week. lolz!
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    In order of excitement:

You dig fillers? Nice
    The insult so nice you had to make it twice. God bless the Internet.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #2
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
    THE FLASH ANNUAL #2 - For Wally. And Bart's reaction, I guess (ignoring that he had ages to talk to Wally since coming back and didn't).

NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA TP
    SLEEPER BOOK TWO TP

Maybe:
    YOUNG JUSTICE #1 - It's Bendis, so eeehhhhh. Also, still mixed on Tim going back to the 'R' logo.
    THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 - Sounds interesting and I like the use of more obscure characters. Plus, I like Black Lightning after Bryan Hill's work with him (so far).
    AMERICAN CARNAGE #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    DETECTIVE COMICS #996 - Hey, the Ducards! I mean, sure. I've liked Tomasi and Gleason's work with them, but I kinda expected something with the proto-Two-Face from "The Big Burn".
    DETECTIVE COMICS #997 - Oh man, tripple shipping. Guess they really wanna get #1000 out.

THE AUTHORITY OMNIBUS HC
    BATGIRL: YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC - Unless I get the trade that has this and Robin: Year One (also down to if I wanna get the Robin: Year One OHC).
    AQUAMAN BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS HC - Wtf does "available now" mean? Also, possibly. I have the hardcovers, but they skip the villain issues, which are actually really good. Seriously, I hate that DC did that. Their New 52 trades were a real **** show sometimes.
    BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - Even though I have almost all of this in trade (except The Return of Bruce Wayne), I really loved this run, and it being in reading order is a plus.
    BLACK LIGHTNING: BRICK CITY BLUES TP - I liked Black Lightning in Bryan Hill's Detective Comics run.
    BLACKEST NIGHT OMNIBUS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION HC - Hey, it actually collects GL, GLC and Blackest Night! Seriously, Blackest Night is badly collected usually for Green Lantern trades.
    DC: THE NEW FRONTIER TP NEW EDITION - Still kinda wanna get the OHC.
    SHAZAM!: THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL TP NEW EDITION - Have heard good things about this but don't really care about Shazam beyond Black Adam.
    SUPERMAN VOL. 1: THE UNITY SAGA HC - Wasn't a fan of the issues I read -- and I hate Rogol Zaar -- but still, I want to read more Superman, because I just like his post-Reborn status quo, even if Bendis fucked with it by sending Jon and Lois away for dumb reasons (still dreading what he does to Jon, seriously, Jon's design is perfect and barely two years old, don't mess with it yet!).
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:
    Naomi already sounds like Bendis is trying to make her way too important. I'm sure she'll be as hugely important as that dude who remembers Secret Wars from Jessica Jones and Tempus from Uncanny X-Men.

Babs' heel scallops are... weird. Those gotta be awkward to sit in. Also, yay, Paul Pelletier's getting more work, good for him. He's a consistent artist, like another Dan Jurgens.

"The Secret Origin of Bruce Wayne" was meant to be horror? Really?

Man, they're really pushing for these new Forces to be a thing, aren't they? I care so little that I would probably have to force myself to read it even if Wally were in these stories.

With how much they emphasised Krypton in the latest Hawkman issue, I'm surprised it's gonna take THAT LONG to get there.

Thanks for that Heroes in Crisis cover, DC. Also, **** you. Also, still think Wally is gonna be the killer.

Wow, took way less time than I thought for Snyder to start handing his work off to Tynion with Justice League.

No clue who Yasmine Putri is, but that Raven cover looks straight up like Brett Booth's work.

Guess it's time to wrap up Suicide Squad so we can relaunch it with Wally on it. Yay...

PLEASE don't make Ares a generic cackling villain again. Please.

Did... did they do something to the actor's face on that Shazam trade with the movie cover. He looks... off.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    . . . Maybe:
    . . . DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    DETECTIVE COMICS #996 - Hey, the Ducards! I mean, sure. I've liked Tomasi and Gleason's work with them, but I kinda expected something with the proto-Two-Face from "The Big Burn".
    DETECTIVE COMICS #997 - Oh man, tripple shipping. Guess they really wanna get #1000 out . . .
    Why does it seem like almost NOBODY pays attention to the fact that 4th week titles for December aren't shipping until January because of Christmas?

To clarify:
    * OCTOBER =
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #990 (In Shops: Oct 10, 2018)
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #991 (In Shops: Oct 24, 2018)

* NOVEMBER =
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #992 (In Shops: Nov 14, 2018)
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #993 (In Shops: Nov 28, 2018)

* DECEMBER =
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #994 (In Shops: Dec 12, 2018)

* JANUARY =
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #995 (ON SALE 01.02.19)
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #996 (ON SALE 01.16.19)
    - DETECTIVE COMICS #997 (ON SALE 01.30.19)

Issue #995 would normally ship the fourth week of the month, but for December that's the 26th, the day after Christmas. Here in the U.S., comic book shops would normally get their deliveries on the Tuesday, but in December that's CHRISTMAS DAY, and Monday is Christmas Eve.
    And since January is a five-Wednesday month, they can schedule those normally twice-a-month titles to ship the 1st, 3rd, and 5th week of January to get caught up.

DETECTIVE COMICS #995
    DETECTIVE COMICS #997 - Oh man, tripple shipping. Guess they really wanna get #1000 out.
    Nope. It's what @MajorHoy said. Also, I'm super glad they're not following up on anything from Robinson's short intrusion. One of the few writers that can make me just drop a book until he's gone. Very excited to have Tomasi back on a Batman book and giddy over Mahnke drawing it.

THE AUTHORITY OMNIBUS HC
    This is how I'm finally going to check out The Authority. After all these years that I've failed to do so. I'm trending away from single issues and towards collections so I enjoyed your thoughts on the collections coming out in Jan.

BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - Even though I have almost all of this in trade (except The Return of Bruce Wayne), I really loved this run, and it being in reading order is a plus.
    I'm getting this too for the very same reason. Just not right away. I'll wait for the price to drop a bit on Amazon. Vol. 1 is beautiful and the cover beneath the dust jacket is super sleek. I just had it delivered last week for around $45.

BLACKEST NIGHT OMNIBUS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION HC - Hey, it actually collects GL, GLC and Blackest Night! Seriously, Blackest Night is badly collected usually for Green Lantern trades.
    I'm really drawn to this too. I loved the hell out of Blackest Night (not to mention Brightest Day which I also loved) but the collections really haven't been great.

Finally a comprehensive collection! For the issues you mentioned and also for the various 3 issue tie-in series' like Batman: Blackest Night, JSA: Blackest Night, etc. I've read them all at one point or another but it would be great to read them all in the order they're meant to be read in. Same reason I'm collecting the Morrison Batman omnibuses.

The New 52 collections have left a lot to be desired. So have the hardcover collections for some Rebirth titles like King's Batman, which reprints all of "Night of the Monster Men" (the low point of the series IMO) including tie-ins but leaves out the two Flash issues of "The Button."

As collections go, I really prefer the comprehensive ones. Blackest Night looks great that way.