Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Sometimes, I think Superman would do much better economically if DC stopped publishing monthly issues and instead focused on trades and graphic novels. Then again, it might backfire in the long run.
    He’s not doing much worse than the rest of the DCU or even Marvel. Most solo ongoings can’t carry a character past 50k for long. Even Spider-Man was at risk of falling under 50k in the last years of Slott on the title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The line was floundering before Bendis though. Superwoman and Supergirl were cancelled. Tomasi and Gleason were struggling to keep up with the schedule, and the summer of filler had rapidly sunk sales. Jurgens Action was boring to me personally but it did stabilize, but the sales still weren’t spectacular. Like it or not the line feels like it’s got a goal it’s moving towards whereas before it was just running in circles.
    And yet Bendis for all the promotion and hype he's getting is selling less than the Rebirth teams and atleast the line started with a bunch of new & different books such as Super Sons and New Super-man. There's nothing now other than the Rebirth Supergirl which can be cancelled at any time and Adventures of Super Sons which has a finite length.

There's no Superman line, might as well fold the Super office and merge it with another one.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    There's no Superman line, might as well fold the Super office and merge it with another one.
    But there's an actual promise of more books to come. Reports of both Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane books have actually come from Bendis' mouth. And I VERY strongly doubt that Super Sons will just be done after Adventures of Super Sons ends. I'd bet anything that we'll see either a Superboy (Jon Kent) book, Super Sons relaunch now that Damian and Jon have had so much stuff happen to them, or a Superboy and the Legion book (given how it seems they want to really anchor the Legion firmly to Superman).

Add those 3 to Action Comics and it's literally the same number of books we had during rebirth, dude.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But there's an actual promise of more books to come. Reports of both Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane books have actually come from Bendis' mouth. And I VERY strongly doubt that Super Sons will just be done after Adventures of Super Sons ends. I'd bet anything that we'll see either a Superboy (Jon Kent) book, Super Sons relaunch now that Damian and Jon have had so much stuff happen to them, or a Superboy and the Legion book (given how it seems they want to really anchor the Legion firmly to Superman).

Add those 3 to Action Comics and it's literally the same number of books we had during rebirth, dude.

This is just speculation on your part. There are no Jimmy and Lois books coming out nor is there a Jon solo in the works 8 months in to Bendis taking over. We dont have anything concrete. Thus you cant equate it with Rebirth.

Kon93

They just need to go back to publishing action comics and superman twice a month each again,then have a 80 page super family book where any and all the heroes or supporting characters can have independent or connected stories for 1 and dones,or to push a characters story farther or just 1 for fun.

This would be cool with me,and a character shines bigtime in it,they could get their own series

This is just speculation on your part. There are no Jimmy and Lois books coming out nor is there a Jon solo in the works 8 months in to Bendis taking over. We dont have anything concrete. Thus you cant equate it with Rebirth.
    No, the Superboy and the Legion, Superboy (Jon Kent) book, and the Super Sons book continuing is speculation on my part. The Lois and Jimmy books/projects are things that Bendis has said out of his mouth that are coming. I didn't make that up. So, in reality they're short only one book to be announced, but, and it's just speculation on my part, it's not likely to stay that way given Bendis and Johns actively linking Superman and the Legion, and the obvious popularity of a Jon and Damian project.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

No, the Superboy and the Legion, Superboy (Jon Kent) book, and the Super Sons book continuing is speculation on my part. The Lois and Jimmy books/projects are things that Bendis has said out of his mouth that are coming. I didn't make that up. So, in reality they're short only one book to be announced, but, and it's just speculation on my part, it's not likely to stay that way given Bendis and Johns actively linking Superman and the Legion, and the obvious popularity of a Jon and Damian project.
    No offense but I'm not sure what reality you're referring to here. Bleeding Cool speculated Lois and Jimmy books months ago but plans changed for the latter and thats all there is to it. They dont exist as of January 2019, a full 8 months in to Bendis taking over but something called Naomi does, just giving you an example. Even if they come out by summer 2019 then Supergirl and Super Sons will be over by then( both left overs from the Rebirth era to begin with). So it wont make any real difference especially if they end up being minis which is the likely option. The line is the weakest it has ever been.

No offense but I'm not sure what reality you're referring to here. Bleeding Cool speculated Lois and Jimmy books months ago but plans changed for the latter and thats all there is to it. They dont exist as of January 2019, a full 8 months in to Bendis taking over but something called Naomi does, just giving you an example. Even if they come out by summer 2019 then Supergirl and Super Sons will be over by then( both left overs from the Rebirth era to begin with). So it wont make any real difference especially if they end up being minis which is the likely option. The line is the weakest it has ever been.
    Who said Supergirl is ending? I didn't catch the final issue tag anywhere. And I'm going off of quotes by Bendis himself from NYCC and an interview on Word Balloon where he pretty unambiguously confirmed both. I'm not about to find either because they're basically buried in the Bendis thread, but you're more than welcome to it if you don't believe me. No one has given a date for these books yet, but confirmation that they're in the works for the near future is 100% out there.

Who said Supergirl is ending? I didn't catch the final issue tag anywhere. And I'm going off of quotes by Bendis himself from NYCC and an interview on Word Balloon where he pretty unambiguously confirmed both. I'm not about to find either because they're basically buried in the Bendis thread, but you're more than welcome to it if you don't believe me. No one has given a date for these books yet, but confirmation that they're in the works for the near future is 100% out there.
    Supergirl is selling barely above 20K currently which is below the sales for Orlando's Supergirl run during Rebirth before it was cancelled/put on hiatus. Also, if Super Sons and Supergirl struggle to stay above 20K, what's the point of even introducing a Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen comic from a sales POV?

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    what's the point of even introducing a Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen comic from a sales POV?
    Because a lot of fans seem to really want one or the other or even both books. Hopefully they do well, and I'm skeptical that Supergirl will be gone. Or at the very least that it will stay gone.

Because a lot of fans seem to really want one or the other or even both books. Hopefully they do well, and I'm skeptical that Supergirl will be gone. Or at the very least that it will stay gone.
    Means nothing. A lot of people seemingly wanted Dick Ryder back and his sales were still crap. Also I haven’t seen anyone outside this forum asking for Jimmy or Lois solos.

Also I haven’t seen anyone outside this forum asking for Jimmy or Lois solos.
    I have, and apparently so has DC given both Lee and Bendis have said as much, so I suppose it means enough to them to put books into production. It's really just that simple. And I'm happy they're apparently taking a chance on books like this. You don't see that enough in the big two.

Maybe they'll give them minis or one-shots and see how they do.

I have, and apparently so has DC given both Lee and Bendis have said as much, so I suppose it means enough to them to put books into production. It's really just that simple. And I'm happy they're apparently taking a chance on books like this. You don't see that enough in the big two.
    I don’t dispute that there are people out there who want those books but I am a bit hesitant to believe that in 2018 there’s a crowd of people begging for a Jimmy Olsen book when most people act surprised that Supes himself is still around. Also to point to what others have said: Nothing has been heard lately about those books happening. Maybe they got cancelled after Bendis wasn’t the superstar seller they thought he would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Maybe they'll give them minis or one-shots and see how they do.
    The rumor I heard was Rucka would do a Black Label book focusing on Lois. That seems somewhat likely, far more so than an ongoing.

Also to point to what others have said: Nothing has been heard lately about those books happening.
    Is New York Comic Con 2018 not recent enough for you? That's where Bendis talked about being excited for who's writing the Jimmy book.

https://twitter.com/GregSilber/statu...50231129264130

And almost as if he were reading these very boards Bendis was just asked "I am LOVING your Superman run so far. I'm begging you to do what DC hasn't done for a few years and put Jimmy Olsen to some use, please! I'll be reading either way!"

He then replayed by saying "THANK you. jimmy and Lois fans are going to be very happy this year! you won't believe it. honestly, its almost too much."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...33235490324480

So, yeah, doesn't get more recent than, well, today.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.