Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman January 2019 Solicitation

ACTION COMICS #1006
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    The Red Cloud sets her sights on someone close to Superman, but how can the Man of Steel stop a villain he can’t touch? As the invisible mafia controlling Metropolis’ underworld steps more into the light, its leader finally stands revealed with a secret that will have massive implications for Superman and Clark Kent!
    ON SALE 01.02.19

ACTION COMICS #1007
    art and cover by STEVE EPTING
    variant cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    The Kobra Cult conspiracy ensnares Daily Planet photographer Jimmy Olsen, drawing the attention of the Man of Steel. But be careful, Superman—there’s more lurking in the shadows of Metropolis than just a snake cult.
    ON SALE 01.30.19

YOUNG JUSTICE #1
    art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    variant cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    AMETHYST variant cover by TBD
    IMPULSE variant cover by TBC
    ROBIN variant cover by TBD
    SUPERBOY variant cover by TBD
    WONDER GIRL variant cover by TBD
    blank variant cover available
    Superboy! Wonder Girl! Robin! Impulse! Amethyst! They’re all united in YOUNG JUSTICE #1, the debut issue of a brand-new series that also introduces new heroes Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex!
    When the nightmare dimension known as Gemworld invades Metropolis, these teen heroes reunite to deal with the situation—but they’re shocked to discover the battle may be the key to the return of Conner Kent, a.k.a. Superboy! This mix of fan favorites and new legacy heroes will be the center point for some of the biggest goings-on at DC! As if that weren’t enough, Bendis reunites with all-star artist Patrick Gleason (SUPERMAN, ACTION COMICS, GREEN LANTERN CORPS) to bring the new heroes of DC’s Wonder Comics to life!
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

NAOMI #1
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art and cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by TBD
    DC’s biggest, newest mystery starts here!
    When a fight between Superman and Mongul crashes into a small Northwestern town, Naomi (last name?) begins a quest to uncover the last time a super-powered person visited her home—and how that might tie into her own origins and adoption.
    Follow Naomi’s journey on a quest that will take her to the heart of the DC Universe and unfold a universe of ideas and stories that have never been seen before. Join writers Brian Michael Bendis, David Walker and breakout artist Jamal Campbell in Wonder Comics’ massively ambitious new series and star…NAOMI.
    ON SALE 01.23.19

MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE #1
    written by JAMES TYNION IV, SALADIN AHMED, CECIL CASTELLUCCI, KYLE HIGGINS, JEFF LOVENESS and others
    art by TOM GRUMMETT, KYLE HOTZ, ELENA CASAGRANDE, MAX DUNBAR and others
    cover by JOELLE JONES
    Sometimes love can make you feel like you’re from another planet…but what if you actually were? Join Superman, The New Gods, Green Lantern, Starro, Hawkgirl and even the Teen Titans’ new sensation Crush for eight tales of romance that will whisk you to the moon and back!
    ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 01.30.19

SUPERMAN 100-PAGE SUPER-SPECTACULAR #1
    written by MARV WOLFMAN
    art and cover by CLAUDIO CASTELLINI
    “This is the best Superman story I’ve ever written.” So says living legend Marv Wolfman, and when you’ve written hundreds of Superman stories as he has, it means a great deal. This gem of a tale—written and drawn from 2006-2009 for the SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL series—explodes from the DC archives as a triumphant tale of Clark Kent’s fateful first days in Metropolis, which were far from easy. His early failures almost ensured there would never be a hero called Superman. Powerful writing and stunning art combine to conjure an inspiring story that needed to be published, one you will never forget, from a pair of master storytellers.
    ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 01.30.19
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by GARY FRANK
    variant cover by GARY FRANK
    The critically acclaimed series by master storytellers Geoff Johns and Gary Frank reaches its most shocking chapter yet when the DC Universe collides with its greatest threat: Dr. Manhattan. But nothing is hidden from Manhattan, and the secrets of the past, present and future will rock the very foundation of the DC Universe.
    ON SALE 01.23.19

HAWKMAN #8
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art and cover by BRYAN HITCH
    variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Next stop: Krypton! As Hawkman’s intergalactic road trip continues, the next location on his itinerary is the ruins of Krypton, the alleged location of the super-weapon that will help him stop the Deathbringers. There, he’s suddenly whisked away to Krypton’s final moments and meets his past-life predecessor, Catar-Ol. Hawkman tries to learn the final fate of the super-weapon, but the planet goes boom before Carter can get the goods. Looks like it might be time for Plan B…
    ON SALE 01.16.19

HEROES IN CRISIS #4
    written by TOM KING
    art by CLAY MANN
    cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    Wonder Woman versus…Booster Gold?! Diana finds out the hard way that Booster can be a formidable opponent when his back’s against the wall. Of course, being the prime suspect in a superhero massacre and exposing a secret trauma hospital for metahumans will do just that. Meanwhile, Batman and the Flash combine their detective skills to investigate what went awry at Sanctuary and uncover a serious glitch in the system—not to mention an explosive, spoiler-ific secret!
    ON SALE 01.02.19

HEROES IN CRISIS #5
    written by TOM KING
    art by CLAY MANN
    cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    The secrets of the DC Universe are hacked! Sanctuary wasn’t supposed to keep records, but now that the A.I. is compromised, superhero secrets are leaking all over the ’Net. Booster and Harley set aside their differences to focus on who they believe is the real killer (assuming one of them isn’t lying, that is). Meanwhile, Batman and the Flash continue to investigate the mysterious murderer. The answer can be found in Sanctuary…but is it safe to go digging in the crime scene?
    ON SALE 01.30.19

JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    Hawk fight! Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl clash with Shayera Hol (also a Hawkgirl) when the League trio tries to break into a secret vault deep within Thanagar Prime—and the feathers are gonna fly! Speaking of secrets, M.M. learns one about himself and Lex Luthor, as related to him by the Martian Keep, guardian of all Martian wisdom and history. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman must stop Starman from going nova.
    ON SALE 01.09.19

JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    It’s a mystery in space: Why would the Guardians of the Universe hide top-secret intel deep in the bowels of a secret vault on Thanagar Prime? That’s what Martian Manhunter, GL and Hawkgirl want to know! That’s not the only puzzler popping off either, as an ancient connection that bonds Kendra and Shayera Hol unlocks the secret of the map on Hawkgirl’s Dark Metal wings. Back on Earth, Starman and the Trinity look to create a wormhole that could transport them to Thanagar Prime. The only catch? It could vaporize them!
    ON SALE 01.23.19

JUSTICE LEAGUE ANNUAL #1
    art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JUAN ALBARRAN
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    The Source Wall has degraded too much, and the League must patch the hole right now or the whole Multiverse will collapse! Our heroes scramble for a solution and turn to the only thing that might work: the Omega Titans! The only problem? They killed the Entropy Titan back in JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE. Whoops…but never fear! Kyle Rayner, Miss Martian and Steel—from the non-planet-eating Titans team—guest-star with a plan to create a new Entropy Titan…one that’s so crazy it just might work.
    ON SALE 01.30.19

SUPERGIRL #26
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and SEAN PARSONS
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    Supergirl…super-captured! Still recovering from radiation poisoning, Kara finds herself in the clutches of the Citadel and its ruthless leader Harry Hokum, who is eager to experiment on one of the last Kryptonians in the known universe. How is Kara supposed to track down answers to her Rogol Zaar/Krypton mystery in the midst of a Vega System civil war? And you don’t throw a civil war in the Vega System without the Omega Men returning—even some long-lost ones!
    ON SALE 01.16.19

SUPERMAN #7
    art by IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO and BRANDON PETERSON
    cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by DAVID FINCH It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for: the shocking return of the son of Superman! A year spent traveling the stars changed Jon Kent. Are parents Clark and Lois ready for the all-new, all-different Superboy? Secrets are revealed, a new look debuts and Superman’s world is changed forever!
    ON SALE 01.16.19

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #6
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by DAN MORA
    The Super Sons are lost in time and space! On the run from the Gang and trapped on the Planet of Secrets and Mystery, Superboy and Robin have lost everything and gotten a glimpse of how their tomorrows may end. When the planet’s mysterious creator returns for his broken creation, the boys find out that tomorrow sucks as much as yesterday!
    ON SALE 01.09.19

Master Hero Vladimir

January will be a very kind month to us Superman fans!

Quick thoughts:

- The Leviathan event is looking more and more real. Like, that document from Action 1003 seems like it was 100% what he sent Didio himself. This includes the Alex Maleev being the artist part. Steve Epting seems like the perfect transition to get to Maleev for the actual event. Very, very glad to see Jimmy getting some shine. It's gonna be him, Lois, and Clark for the event.

- Looks like we're going to be up in the air about what happens to Jon after issue 6 till we get 7 in our hands. We at the very least know that Jon's been gone for a year, his travels have had an impact on him, and he will have a new look of some sort.

- So, Conner, Bart, Cassie, and Tim did 100% work together before, and Conner has been gone for a while. I wonder if this is a callback to their Pre-52 stuff, New 52 stuff, or some amalgamation?

:says a little prayer:Pretty please Bendis, now that he's back don't oversaturate Jon like Rebirth did, pleeaaaase. That said I am interested in the new look. And also interesting that the solicit seems to confirm an age jump, even if smaller than I anticipated. But still, a year gone is still time shenannigans considering he hasn't been gone nearly that long Earth-time. If he ages just a year though, it could very well be something permanent that isn't to be reverted. There's a huge difference between him coming back suddenly a teen rather coming back 11.

Sounds an awful lot like Conner's been on Gemworld this whole time. Interesting hiding spot. I had been assuming the 31st century this whole time.

Thinking more and more that Red Cloud is Cat Grant.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

YOUNG JUSTICE! Wonder how they'll explain why no one remembers Conner.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    YOUNG JUSTICE! Wonder how they'll explain why no one remembers Conner.
    It's Dr. Manhattan's fault. Like for everything that they don't know how to really explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And also interesting that the solicit seems to confirm an age jump, even if smaller than I anticipated. But still, a year gone is still time shenannigans considering he hasn't been gone nearly that long Earth-time. If he ages just a year though, it could very well be something permanent that isn't to be reverted. There's a huge difference between him coming back suddenly a teen rather coming back 11.
    Good point on the "age jump." Technically that is what it is, but he doesn't seem to be 20 or something out of nowhere. I think Jon would be about 12 going on 13 if it's a year's time (oh, hey, would you look at that, Miles Morals was 13 when Bendis created him ) because he was going on 11 years old when he became Superboy, if I remember correctly. That makes him now only a year or even just half a year younger than Damian.

This will likely have Jon retrying out for the Teen Titans, but not being down for what Damian has turned them into. That reunion will be fascinating.

Sign me all the way up for Bendis putting in the same sort of elbow grease he used to make Miles on Jon.

Something makes me think that Jon's age is very much at least 17 or 18 years old
    No matter how much they say that you bendis, they want the superfamily, something makes me doubt.
    I wonder how long the superfamily will last. before they start with a new reboot

Looks like an interesting month. I hope to God Jon’s only 1 year older and not some 18 year old now. Otherwise it looks to be an exciting month for Superman all around, curious how that Wolfman book does.

-Action Comics. I think that this time I prefer this than Superman(despite I said the opposite recently) He can´t touch her? and his Super Breath? That can work in her?
    -MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE #1. Only for Superman and the New Gods.
    -Naomi-For unknowns reasons I am interested in this-
    -SUPERMAN 100-PAGE SUPER-SPECTACULAR #1
    -JUSTICE LEAGUE.
    . Wow, Mera will be here in the Annual.
    -Supergirl

DOUBTING ABOUT READ THESE BOOKS:

Doosmday Clock.
    . I like this cover but This story confuses me..

Young Justice: I am not the biggest fan of 90s Superboy. I liked more the most mature version of him. With black shirt and red S.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-15-2018 at 10:27 PM.

I wouldn't have thought it likely before, but I'm starting to think that the possibility of Jon changing his hero name is getting very real. I'm not 100% on it yet given the solicit seems to go out of its way to call Jon Superboy. That seemed pretty deliberate, so it's still very likely that Jon and Kon will share the name. But, if Bendis/DC ever wanted to change Jon's hero name, this is period is maybe the most perfect opportunity. Jon coming back after a year of travel with new perspective and a new suit seem like about as good an opportunity as it's going to get.

If I had to make a guess--despite the obvious implications this is devoid of ego--I'd say Superlad. Bendis confirmed that he's actively working towards the United Planets from the Legion of Superheroes, and that Legion fans should be patient because he didn't forget about them, and it's been ages since a young Super character has been directly tied to them.

Jon's new outlook might have him far more comfortable splitting his time between the present and the future?