View Poll Results: Which Wally do you like better?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justice League Wally

43 60.56%
  • Young Justice Wally

28 39.44%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Default Which Wally do you like more? Justice League Wally vs Young Justice Wally.

Among the many fantastic DC animated cartoons we got over the years we were lucky enough to get two really great iterations of Wally. First in the Justice League cartoon as the Flash and then a younger version of him as Kid Flash in Young Justice. Despite the terrible treatment Wally has been getting from DC the last decade these versions were both very well done and really showed who Wally is as the energetic and fun character he is, so it's a tough question which one is better.

But which version do you prefer?

Justice_League-Flash01.jpg

7a0d917a2f3a2c3a8902db67e18b3e0a--kid-flash-young-justice.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Young justice,I hated the justice league cartoon and pretty much everything and everyone in it

As a huge Wally fan I find it pretty hard to answer this question myself. But here are a few categories that I've come up with to help. (You don't need to use these)

Costume: The Justice League had Wally in his basic Flash suit at the time but with a few classic Bruce Timm modifications. He gave him his own insignia that has now been adopted in the comics and gave him a darker shade of red. It was the classic, great Wally Flash suit but with a few upgrades that really worked.
    Young Justice on the other hand made the suit more practical and real world with some extra lines and knee pads and such. It was just ok for me. I liked the goggles but everything else wasn't anything special.
    Justice League Wally takes this one for me.

Friends/Family relationships. Wally had a few relationships with his JL team mates that were fun. He had a kinda Lethal Weapon thing going on with John Stewart that was great. Batman and Hawkgirl being the moody ones on the team clashed with Wally's playful and funny man personality. Treating him almost as that annoying younger brother which was also hilarious to see. But further on in the Justice League Unlimited, they established that Wally was the heart of the team as well.
    Young Justice also had some very good interactions with Wally. I liked seeing him with his parents as mostly normal, which is rare. He had that classic buddy relationship with Dick Grayson. And of course his slow burn romance with Artemis was done extremely well.
    It's a close one but Young Justice Wally is the winner of this one for me.

Speed Feats. Both shows depowered Wally which is understandable as it's hard to write a speedster in a team setting. But despite that, Justice League still had him do some impressive feats. And that final scene in JLU where he fights the composite Luthor/Braniac and defeats him by lapping around the world was nothing short of awesome.
    Justice League for the win

Wally himself. This is a tough one. As I said both shows did Wally very well. The Justice League focused a lot on Wally being the fun and the not serious one with subtle hints at a more deep interior. Young Justice was Wally as a teenager and of course had him act more like a kid. But also was able to develop him more by seeing him interact with others and growing from the experiences.
    A real tough one but I'll give it to Young Justice Wally.

So for me I still don't know.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

YJ. Mainly because he was the sidekick.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Justice League he was a ton of fun.

CW version has grown on me too even tho I'm not in love with that show. It's nice in clips, but not so much full episodes
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Without a doubt, Justice League. That was the Wally West that made me fall in love with the character of Wally West. Plus, Young Justice Wally was kind of an overbearing jerk.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Justice League for sure. I found YJ Wally's personality annoying.

I liked Wally in the Justice League. However, I didn’t much care for the show. So I will lean towards Young Justice.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm surprised there isn't more love for YJ Wally. I thought he was done very well and was a really fun part of the show.

Love both but we got more character and comic book accuracy with Young Justice. I know everyone complains that Wally was too jokey and then too angry in season 2. But when you look at his history that's exactly how he was.

Silver age he was a joking fun loving sidekick.

During the Bronze age a little older Kid Flash he was very much angry and every time he was around Red Star they would yell and argue. I thought his Young Justice version was very well done. Wally going through phases makes him feel more fleshed out like he's growing and changing before he becomes the Flash.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I honestly have no idea which to pick. It's been too long since I've watched Justice League. Perhaps I'll bone up on the DCU app.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think of both as Wally, although I think Young Justice Wally was a little more nuanced and captured the character from the comics better in that his relationships and status is more true to the source material.

I think JL/JLU Flash was great for presenting Wally as The Flash, and now most people's general idea of how the Flash functions in the League is defined by that cartoon (even when it's Barry), while YJ did justice to Wally as Kid Flash.

I also thought his one episode as Kid Flash in the Teen Titans cartoon (with Michael Rosenbaum reprising Wally) was really fun .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Justice League made me discover Wally even existed. Heck, that -comic books- still existed.
    I'll admit that after watching JLU I got to see JL and was dismayed at how Flash was largely acting there, but there were scenes that made up for some of it.

Young Justice irked me because I don't want to see Wally West as a kid. I didn't care about Kid Flash stories. I still don't care that much. It was devastating when at the beginning of Season Two I though "Finally! We get to see Wally as an adult and closer to his best!" Yeah...that was another big disappointment. Not seen, then 1/10th the power of Barry and Bart...(Oh, Geoff Johns really did have a major role in this series, didn't he?) Then he's finally back in his suit for a glorious couple of scenes and -- whammo. Dead. Didio Strikes Again Dead. So, yeah, haven't really warmed up a lot to the series.

What I really want to see is a Wally Flash done right via the Lego people. Again, I don't mean as Kid Flash. Lego is my last hope for seeing a decent Wally West again.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Young Justice Wally all the way baby!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Definitely JL Wally, I didn't like YJ Wally at all he just came off as annoying and a jerk.