Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Exiles either changing hands or getting canned.

What the heck is with all the Mojo appearances lately?

I understand the reason they want to keep everything related to Uncanny in secret but the text of the solicitation of Uncanny Annual is hilarious only one word Cyclops .

It looks like Mojo will continue as one of the main villains in 2019 for the X-mens. For now I'm already counting 3 comics.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    What the heck is with all the Mojo appearances lately?
    Most of the X-Men baddies are good guys now so yeah. That's why they're spamming the Reavers.

BANNED

Thoughts:

Looks like X-Men Red, Astonishing X-Men and Weapon X have all concluded. It'll be interesting to how they wrap up, and how the characters involved will transition into other titles. I've mixed feelings on the cancellations. I do wonder if Taylor + Rosenberg were aware they were writing shorter runs before Uncanny X-Men was launched.

AGE OF X-MAN ALPHA #1
    I'm not sold on the rehash of Age of Apocalypse & Age of X. Even with a different premise of whatever, I feel like it's been done before. And Nature Girl? Really? They're are so many great characters that could've been used in her stead.

UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1
    I've no idea whether or not this Cyclops story is a misdirection or not, but if it happens to be a legitimate return, or even the tease of an eventual return, then I am here for it.

X-FORCE #2
    Not sure how I feel about the uniforms. Cannonball looks a lot like Chase Stein here, and I think Warpath + Domino have had better looks in the past. The absence of Boom-Boom (again) is concerning too. I hope Brisson isn't about to kill her off. I mean, the solicit is clear to point out (another) mutant genocide.

MR. AND MRS. X #7
    Ooh moments from Rogue & Gambits past? Interesting that Mojo is getting such a big push right now. Kelly has confirmed Spiral will appear in this arc too, which has me hyped.

ICEMAN #5
    So Sina is making use of his new Morlocks. Makes sense. It's hard to say so early on but I feel like this mini doesn't have nearly as much substance as the previous run.

DOMINO #10
    Another Mojoworld story. Cool? I wonder if Domino and Longshot's luck powers will cancel each other out or have any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a variant cover.
    Oh I totally missed that. I hate it when they do variants with characters that have nothing to do with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I understand the reason they want to keep everything related to Uncanny in secret but the text of the solicitation of Uncanny Annual is hilarious only one word Cyclops .
    They had a NYCC teaser that said Cylops: Dead or Alive? and now it's just 'Cyclops!' It's a good description of the cover though. I think it's the January release that has me the most intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the X-Men baddies are good guys now so yeah. That's why they're spamming the Reavers.
    Good point. But Mr Sinister is still around, and Blue established Magneto as a bad guy again and brought back the Brotherhood. And then nothing came of it. I'm wondering if some writers are limited in their choices of bad guys to leave the main ones for Uncanny?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most?

Sabretooth and Emma are morally gray. Mags is morally gray.

Purifers and FOH still exist. Sinisters and the Marauders still out there. Still somebody making Sentinels.

So not really a good excuse.

Uncanny Annual and x force

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

I've no idea whether or not this Cyclops story is a misdirection or not, but if it happens to be a legitimate return, or even the tease of an eventual return, then I am here for it.
    I doubt it will be anything more than a tease - the absolute earliest I'd expect Cyclops to return won't be until after Logan's long and drawn out return arc is finished, and likely not until Logan gets settled in for at least a story arc after the return story is complete.

Just Uncanny an X-force for me but man those new uniforms for X-Force look awesome. I just wish we could get Larraz on interiors.

Spectacular Member

This is a strange month. I am now even more interested in what s going to happen in February. With so many X-books being canceled ( Weapon X, X-men red, gold, blue and Astonishing, Old man Logan) And a lot of minis ending in January ( shatter star, iceman, Return of Wolverine), that just leaves Uncanny X-men, X-force Mr and Mrs X and X-23 and Domino as the main x-books and Domino clearly isn't a book that is digging in the mutant verse of the Marvel universe. ( Exiles, Weapon H and Deadpool are not really x-books!).
    I'm pretty sure Wolverine will have his own ongoing again in February, but it all still feels very .... little. Surely there are going to be more x-books in February, right?
    X-Factor ? New Mutants? something new? Or are they going to keep releasing Uncanny X-men weekly and leave the x-books like this until that big X-men summer crossover that Liefeld talked about?
    Last edited by Dev; 10-16-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I know it's not X-Men related but Good Lord, another Captain Marvel #1? No matter how hard they try they just can't make her happen like they want.
    And how many #1s have we had for the X-Men in recent years? Or the Avengers, for that matter. Relaunches mean nothing anymore, they're just something Marvel does.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I know it's not X-Men related but Good Lord, another Captain Marvel #1? No matter how hard they try they just can't make her happen like they want.
    She's one of my current favorite characters right now, but man I have been wondering the same and they have been missing the mark every time. It's been years since I fully enjoyed her books. If it weren't for the movie, I would have started enjoying the idea of her, instead of the actual character and her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I doubt it will be anything more than a tease - the absolute earliest I'd expect Cyclops to return won't be until after Logan's long and drawn out return arc is finished, and likely not until Logan gets settled in for at least a story arc after the return story is complete.
    That return arc happens to finish in January. But isn't Age of X-Man the next arc of Uncanny? No way can he come back when the main book is in an AU story. I think his solo will launch in February though, and maybe a secondary team book to replace Red.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Uncanny
    The Sniktbubs
    Sugah and Chere
    Age of X-Man Alpha
    I might still be reading Shatterstar. #1 was good.

I think that's it.

X-Men Red ending was known but still a bummer.