Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. Zdarsky obviously isn't reading Aaron's Avengers. Why in the world would we get that surprise ending, when Black Panther just has to send Ka-Zar, in only a loin cloth without any air breathing gear, to the crushing dark depths of Atlantis, to sneak around Atlantis, on one breath -- like he did before.

No. I'm NEVER going to forget the load of crap Aaron heaped on Namor fans, trying to shore up Marvel's Tarzan as better than everyone in Atlantis, UNDERWATER in their own city.

On a less salty and more appreciative note ... Another packed issue, with so much to think about. Still loving the Guice flashbacks, and boy, Magno can draw a battle scene!
    Oh I'm never forgetting what a load of bull that Ka-Zar thing was. Magno's scenes are electrifying and there is just alot going on but yeah Steve and Bucky are spoilers:
    going under the change to be atlanteans, machan stole the serpent crown and took over Roman's mind, and at least chip says that Namor's strong will is what kept Machan/tommy in check all these years and never able to fully take over namor's mind. (i dont think everything is rectonned, but more like namor just has been dealing with this invisble force in his head for years)
    end of spoilers
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hey. So I wasn't following Invaders but got today's issue...

I may be off my head here, but is Zdarsky writing Namor as gay? The way the death of his war buddy crushed him and his moving in with that Peterson seemed a little HUH? to me

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post

I may be off my head here, but is Zdarsky writing Namor as gay? The way the death of his war buddy crushed him and his moving in with that Peterson seemed a little HUH? to me
    There is more to loss and sorrow than simple romance.

I haven’t picked the issue up yet, but is Tony in this issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm guessing Hickman kept his X-Stuff a surprise from everyone considering a good chunk of this run is essentially "Xavier is an ******* (again), messes around with peoples minds without their permission (again) and fucks up making things worse (again) and is now dead so he cant help us"

When infact he's a-ok and they even mention Krakoa on panel so cant go "It takes place before Hickmans run"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I haven’t picked the issue up yet, but is Tony in this issue?
    No, he isn't. BP gets a cameo.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    There is more to loss and sorrow than simple romance.
    I agree, Ptrvc.

But ... the answer to the question is ... complicated.

Also, if Zdarsky is anything like his characters, he's a hugger.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

wow. Intense. I can't wait.

Namor fighting off the crown/Marchan's influence could explain almost everything about Namor in the 'modern' era. His attraction to women that he shouldn't be, but a lot of stuff.

"no greater love" kind of thing?

Can't help but think that a lot of readers, after reading the end of this weeks issue, are wondering where the heck Ka-Zar is in all this.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Good issue. I noticed there was a House of X reference. Hopefully he's coordinating with Hickman to make sure the reference won't feel oddly out of place when the series ends.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So what happened to Toro?
    Anyone know if Marvel ever resolved the Toro plot from Power Pack back in the '90s?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Anyone know if Marvel ever resolved the Toro plot from Power Pack back in the '90s?
    Hmmm. I don't think so.

Of course, Anne Raymond is going to be like Betty Dean, a victim of the sliding timeline.

August sales figures are out. 14,248. So it looks like Invaders has indeed leveled out around 14.5K +/-. Which puts it above several other books at the same issue number. It is not as high as I wish, but it is much better than others. Keeping my fingers crossed for a third arc!