Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This was a great issue. I was worried Zdarsky was going to use Xavier as a scapegoat to retcon Namor's mischaracterizations and while doing so mischaracterize Xavier but I'm happy to see that is not the case. Xavier only did stuff he has done before with other characters, without malice and just thinking on the greater good in the heat of the moment. Xavier is not a perfect human being, he has an ability and its second nature to wield that power even if he knows he needs to restrain from using it most of the times and he was younger and inexperienced, he did what he thought he had to do to help at a crucial moment. I really don't place any blame on him.
    I agree that this is in character with Xavier and he has done this before, I wonder if Steve will find out that Xavier is still alive in fantomex's body?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    WHY does Nay keep insisting Namor wear clothes?
    Nay probably when young and pretty had an unspoken attraction to Namor, being now an old lady and looking like an old lady while Namor looks still young she probably feels self conscious and uncomfortable around a semi-naked Namor.

LOL, Zdarsky...

XavierZdarsky.JPG

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOL! That's exactly right! I guess no one warned Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Nay probably when young and pretty had an unspoken attraction to Namor, being now an old lady and looking like an old lady while Namor looks still young she probably feels self conscious and uncomfortable around a semi-naked Namor.
    Oh, Thor-El. Haven't you heard the phrase, Dirty Old Broad? ;p

But now that you talk about it, I wonder if it was RANDALL who insisted on Namor wearing clothes in front of his young impressionable daughter.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

LOL! That's exactly right! I guess no warned Namor.

Oh, Thor-El. Haven't you heard the phrase, Dirty Old Broad? ;p

But now that you talk about it, I wonder if it was RANDALL who insisted on Namor wearing clothes in front of his young impressionable daughter.
    Ha, ha, ha!, you might be right, that makes more sense!

LOL! That's exactly right! I guess no one warned Namor.
    I'm going with that one, I wouldn't want the king of AB-tlantlis running around my impressionable and hormonal teen daughter in swimsuit, put a shirt please man.

About Xavier he should be painted with a candy or a puppy in his hand as a bait to make the picture full. Also yes Randall, the "Homo Superior" title doesn't sounds as superiority complex at all, cofsarcasmcof, I wonder why he had so many problems installing equality around the "homo inferior"

The issue was another fantastic piece... feelings, so many feelings and questions.

Personally I don't think that

[SPOILER]
    Bucky is dead, the way he took the weapon and then just let her take it back, and asked to be shoot, make me suspicious about the effectivity of the bullets and/or the weapon, he maybe is hurt for being shoot so close but I don't think that he will get dead in so discreet way. The characterization of Xavier also doesn't seems to odd to me, he has been shown before as a manipulative b&% who sometimes doesn't "realize" how deep is the harm he is causing in order to get his goals. So he making a mistake and then just handwave it instead of taking actions to fix it isn't too strange.

About why Namor is doing a kind of bomb, for now I'm with the theory that he wants more people like him. Yes maybe after all this years he is finally feeling too lonely, one of his biggest problems is that he is PINK in a society full of blue people, blue and very racist. He feels obligated to rule and protect them to honor his mother and family, but he knows that they don't accept him and maybe never will do it, and he is only in charge because nobody is powerful enough to remove him permanently. And his relationship with the surface is not much better, he just doesn't fit. Yes he has some friends, but even around them he is usually reserved, with her "cousin" dead, I think that Namor just took too much, but I want to see the development, maybe I'm mistaken.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ You forgot to close the spoiler tag.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Really great issue. I love that Zdarsky is addressing the issue of PTSD. Be neat to see him do it with all the Invaders. I know Bucky has been seeing a therapist in the recent Winter Soldier run, but honestly, its probably something all of those boys should have done AGES ago. Would have saved them so much grief.

And Charles, you are NOT a licensed therapist, so quite trying to act like one. Bad things happen whenever you do.
    I agree. PTSD as an explaining factor in how Namor acts is a nice one. People glorify WWII to the point that they just assume everyone came out unscathed but this is a much better, more nuanced take on the war and on the Submariner.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

This Cap panel from Invaders has now become a meme on Twitter, lol...

Zdarsky.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    1. It could be as simple as: Roman's father died or Nay and the father split up before the birth or Roman's father abandoned Nay or Nay didn't want to bring the father into her and Roman's life.

2. I think Ana might be the girlfriend of Roman, it makes sense if Roman talked her over to his plan/side since she is a scientist there, they would have had time to meet and just grow close and he brings into whatever he is doing.

3. This is what puzzles me too, I keep coming back to Roman, maybe he is a mutant, he could also be a telepath?

4. I don't know but I don't care for it! lol, it might just be the Peterson's were uncomfortable with Namor walking around in a speedo or he wanted to blend in more?
    1. Depending on Roman's birth year ... and I'm thinking it had to have been back in the late 60s or early 70s, it was a bigger deal to have a kid outside of marriage, and I'm pretty sure that's what happened, since Roman has Nae and Randall's last name. But that would also explain why he and Namor got along so well, if that were the case.

However, to counter that dating ... When Xavier and Namor are looking at the newspapers, trying to track down mutants, it's dated 200? something. And then there's the waitress who looks like she's got an 80s or 90s hair style. Confusing.

Also, can I just say, Namor in a dew rag? LOL!

2. Yeah, something is going on there. Roman has definitely brought Anna over to the Atlantean side.

3. I do think there's going to be another shoe dropping about Namor and the Peterson's ... especially Roman.

4. We're going to blame the dad, Randall, for making Namor wear clothes around his daughter. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Zdarsky.JPG
    As you said, "LOL, Zdarsky!"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Zdarsky.JPG
    Of course it has.
    The internet is of course perpetually 15 at all times.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

This book is absurdly good. I just hope my boy Buck is OK!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Invaders #4 is named pick of the week by iFanboy (which i think is a comic blog that does podcasts and stuff) Link

I'm really hoping that this run will last a good long while and it seems to be getting great reviews with every issue, so far I've only seen people writing good things about it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    This book is absurdly good. I just hope my boy Buck is OK!
    After my initial horrified reaction, I finally realized, of course, Bucky is okay. He's got a TV series coming!

Ah, the MCU Synergy Armor IS strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Invaders #4 is named pick of the week by iFanboy (which i think is a comic blog that does podcasts and stuff) Link

I'm really hoping that this run will last a good long while and it seems to be getting great reviews with every issue, so far I've only seen people writing good things about it.
    Nice!

I think it's is appreciated by quite a few critics, but not enough of them.

OtOH, I do see a few comic book stores pushing it, and that's a good thing.