Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    having a hard time getting past the ridiculousness of Hydro-Man being caged underwater.
    Trying to remember the last we saw of Hydro-man, with the latest iteration of the Avengers?

Jesus do I wish Guice had complete artist reign on this mag.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I doubt it's Shadow King (he was recently dealt with in Astonishing). They're probably gonna dig up some old character we forgot about from the old days like they did in Best Defense. I was thinking it was Lucifer since Xavier is involved but he was dealt with in Astonishing too. I'll laugh if it's Silver Age Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Trying to remember the last we saw of Hydro-man, with the latest iteration of the Avengers?

Hydro Man appeared in Spider-Man: Wakanda Forever but the canon of those are debatable.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    having a hard time getting past the ridiculousness of Hydro-Man being caged underwater.
    Well he is not in water is he? It is a container/jail . Also it being Namor tech it can do whatever I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Agreed. This was a terrific second issue.

Between this and Daredevil this week, I feel like D'Zarsky is fast becoming as big a star at Marvel as Donny Cates.
    Prior to last month my only experience with Zdarsky was Marvel Two-in-One, which I enjoyed. But man -- he has hit the ground running on both Invaders and Daredevil.

This issue was great. The premise to this series works so well because the fundamental issue with any Invaders book set in modern day is basically -- why are they together? It's Nazis, right? That's why it's not an Avengers problem, because of Nazis, huh? The James Robinson volume (which I'm a fan of) tried to replace Nazis with the Kree, but Zdarsky has a legitimate set-up to get these characters all in the same book without an over-reliance on the Nazi crutch.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying this run, they are making Namor a very "human" and I'm very interested in seeing what have they prepared as an explanation for those lost years of Namor, they were always something that intrigued me.

Also I don't know how Namor got Hydro man powers but I hope he kept them, they really suits him and he needed some power up after all the crap he has been lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post

Morrie's last appearance was in Amazing Spider-Man, where he got cooked by the Tri-Sentinel with a Spidey face painted on in a fight that knocked out the power grid from Columbus Circle to the Bronx.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post

Also I don't know how Namor got Hydro man powers but I hope he kept them, they really suits him and he needed some power up after all the crap he has been lately.
    Gwad yes. Current Marvel has nerfed Namor so bad the past couple of years it has been embarrassing to watch. Namor use to be one of the heroes at the top of the heap and I hope this cements him there.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Gwad yes. Current Marvel has nerfed Namor so bad the past couple of years it has been embarrassing to watch. Namor use to be one of the heroes at the top of the heap and I hope this cements him there.
    Yes, not only Namor needs more respect, he was one of the biggest powerhouses in marvel universe, but also Atlantis, poor place has been more time destroyed or under attack than whole and powerful. They live hundreds of meters under the sea, they should be pretty hard to find and nearly impossible to reach (at least without very specific gear) not just invaded for guys in breathers or even like in NA for guys without equipment at all.

One of the other details that I loved in this comic is how Steve is clear about the pressure and risks that he feels while underwater.

Yes, not only Namor needs more respect, he was one of the biggest powerhouses in marvel universe, but also Atlantis, poor place has been more time destroyed or under attack than whole and powerful. They live hundreds of meters under the sea, they should be pretty hard to find and nearly impossible to reach (at least without very specific gear) not just invaded for guys in breathers or even like in NA for guys without equipment at all.

One of the other details that I loved in this comic is how Steve is clear about the pressure and risks that he feels while underwater.
    Makes you really want to rethink that whole Kazar thing from Aarons Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about, a normal human being shouldn't be able to even get close to Atlantis without very special and specific gear. Hold breath for that long, resist the pressure of water, move against all that resistance, is difficult at 10 meters and totally impossible at 1000, let's not talk about fight with a native in those conditions.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about, a normal human being shouldn't be able to even get close to Atlantis without very special and specific gear. Hold breath for that long, resist the pressure of water, move against all that resistance, is difficult at 10 meters and totally impossible at 1000, let's not talk about fight with a native in those conditions.
    It's why the difference between Bucky and Kazar can't be highlighted enough, both are air breathers but while Kazar jumps in holding his breath to a place he had never been before, manages to find out information and get away make me want to roll my eyes. Bucky on the other hand did have gear, he has previous knowledge of Atlantis/how Atlantis works because he was hiding out there as a guard during Brave New World and the biggest factor was he had Steve making a distraction, and Kazar didn't have any of that. This showed that even Steve and Bucky who knew Namor and were friends with him still knew better than to think they could swim in and out without being seen.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Incredible Member

I've only just got this comic (I don't get my comics every week) so I know I'm late commenting but I have to admit I thought this was a superb issue, I love how Zdarsky is handling each of the big three Invaders.

I'm also finding Nay Peterson an interesting new character and Namor's relationship with the whole Peterson family (Randall too) is very interesting. The shift between WWII flashbacks and the modern days is working for me too.

The use of Hydro Man was unexpected but does actually make sense.

I'm still intrigued by Xavier knowing Namor I have to say, I just hope the Shadow King is not somehow involved with that not being common knowledge (sorry for the clumsy sentence)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I've only just got this comic (I don't get my comics every week) so I know I'm late commenting but I have to admit I thought this was a superb issue, I love how Zdarsky is handling each of the big three Invaders.

I'm also finding Nay Peterson an interesting new character and Namor's relationship with the whole Peterson family (Randall too) is very interesting. The shift between WWII flashbacks and the modern days is working for me too.

The use of Hydro Man was unexpected but does actually make sense.

I'm still intrigued by Xavier knowing Namor I have to say, I just hope the Shadow King is not somehow involved with that not being common knowledge (sorry for the clumsy sentence)
    I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it, and agree with you.

Besides my obvious bias, I think it is a hidden gem amongst Marvel's titles, and one that not everyone will appreciate, in this age of bombastic storytelling. I'm very curious to see how the sales numbers for the second issue hold up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it, and agree with you.

Besides my obvious bias, I think it is a hidden gem amongst Marvel's titles, and one that not everyone will appreciate, in this age of bombastic storytelling. I'm very curious to see how the sales numbers for the second issue hold up.
    I hacve mixed feelings on the sales figures, I'm always curious but I'm also a little worried. I just hope this series doens't slip under people's radar.

CapandNamor.jpg

INVADERS #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A) • Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    “WAR GHOSTS” Finale!
    Time has run out. Can CAPTAIN AMERICA save NAMOR after what he’s done?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

...The answer to that is YES btw. Of course he can!