Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, Marvel has always had comics about their characters written inside their own universe. There are Spider-Man comics in the 616, for example. IIRC, Steve Rogers was once the penciler for a Captain America comic.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, but despite their claims, I seriously doubt it was a whaling ship. One, whaling is illegal. Two, no one hunts whales with submarines. Three, who has a military armed crew (capable of taking out bulletproof Atlanteans) on their whaling ship? And finally it was a Roxxon ship -- and how many times have they been after the Serpent Crown? Hmmmm.
    You may be onto something there. Will be interesting to find out if the whole thing is a set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I mean, Marvel has always had comics about their characters written inside their own universe. There are Spider-Man comics in the 616, for example. IIRC, Steve Rogers was once the penciler for a Captain America comic.
    I think at one time Stark was using money from Marvel to help fund the avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Funny thing is that almost all the Invaders are still around these days. Are the first couple Union Jack's the only ones that aren't?

Were Whizzer and Miss America ever actual Invaders? They are both passed as well as the spirits of 76 and the Original Patriot both of whom subbed for Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Were Whizzer and Miss America ever actual Invaders? They are both passed as well as the spirits of 76 and the Original Patriot both of whom subbed for Steve.
    They were Invaders when the group was operating in the U.S. (when Union Jack and Spitfire stayed in Europe).

I wish I knew the reason for Marvel's bizarre shipping schedule on this series.
    Issue #1 = January 16, 2019
    Issue #2 = February 27, 2019 (6 weeks later?)
    Issue #3 = March 27, 2019
    Issue #4 = April 10, 2019 (two weeks later?)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wish I knew the reason for Marvel's bizarre shipping schedule on this series.
    Issue #1 = January 16, 2019
    Issue #2 = February 27, 2019 (6 weeks later?)
    Issue #3 = March 27, 2019
    Issue #4 = April 10, 2019 (two weeks later?)
    Is that really the release date on #4? I saw on Amazon that the first arc is only going to be 5 issues. Maybe they are rushing for that.

Alternatively, Aaron might have plans that require Zdarsky be done with Namor before War of Realms.

I also saw somewhere that Magno was replacing someone on another book for an issue -- which may be messing with the schedule. I hope they don't pull either Magno or Guice off this first arc. They are great!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Is that [April 10, 2019] really the release date on #4?
    Supposedly.
    I saw on Amazon that the first arc is only going to be 5 issues. Maybe they are rushing for that.
    Is "five issues" the new magic number for collected issues these days? I've noticed that with mini-series and even some regular series for the tpb version.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Supposedly.
    Is "five issues" the new magic number for collected issues these days? I've noticed that with mini-series and even some regular series for the tpb version.
    I don't know, but I find it disappointing story wise, and value wise. I bet they charge as much for a 6 issue trade as they do for a 5 issue trade.

It looks like the first of the Avengers War of Realms books will be out a couple of weeks later, on April 24, and allegedly Namor (as well as Cap) will be in some of those. The main WoR books drops in April also.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

When do they post previews for the next week's comics?

When do they post previews for the next week's comics?
    Usually on Thursdays.

Here's the May 2019 solicitations though:

Link

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Preview of the Invaders #5 cover art by Butch Guice!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

He forgot to draw 12 shopping bags in each of Namor's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Usually on Thursdays.

Here's the May 2019 solicitations though:

Link
    Thank you! And right on time.

I feel like my impatience for new Invaders stuff was on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Preview of the Invaders #5 cover art by Butch Guice!

I wish Guice wouldn't draw Namor with a beard / scruff. His WWII Namor is awesome.

Well, that's impressive. Is that Chinese characters on that missile?

Quote Originally Posted by DJjoker182 View Post
    He forgot to draw 12 shopping bags in each of Namor's hands.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    You may be onto something there. Will be interesting to find out if the whole thing is a set-up.
    Well, from the May War of the Realms solicits, it appears I was partially correct about Roxxon -- they were up to no good in the Antaractic. AND they are working with Malekith.

while Roxxon Oil drops its stakes in Antarctica. Midgard now belongs to Malekith and his allies! The Avengers' last hope lies in a series of suicide missions across the realms,