Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Attachment 79999

INVADERS #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A) • Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    “WAR GHOSTS” Finale!
    Time has run out. Can CAPTAIN AMERICA save NAMOR after what he’s done?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

...The answer to that is YES btw. Of course he can!
    This cover certainly looks explosive but I'm worried the series will end with war ghosts, I hope that is not the case though! I want a lot more invaders.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This cover certainly looks explosive but I'm worried the series will end with war ghosts, I hope that is not the case though! I want a lot more invaders.
    Same. I do not want this to be a single arc run/mini series. I am worried for it.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Attachment 79999

INVADERS #6
    “WAR GHOSTS” Finale!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Heh ... I'm like, WHAT has Namor done, WHAT has he done? LOL!

I love, love, love, Guice's work inside the book, in the WW2 stuff, but man, his modern Namor in the new costume is rough. I don't think he likes that costume much. LOL!

Same. I do not want this to be a single arc run/mini series. I am worried for it.
    I hope not either! But while I was hoping for better sales on the second issue, it is still doing better than several other Marvel titles. If it doesn't drop substantially for the third issue, I think we might get a second arc at least.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I really hope that Invaders #6 puts an end to this stupid Namor raging against the surface dwellers story. Not only am I so sick of Namor bear constantly being put in this antagonistic position near constantly lately but if not dealt with, a plot point like Namor declaring the seas off limits really can’t remain self-contained considering that affects the whole planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope that Invaders #6 puts an end to this stupid Namor raging against the surface dwellers story. Not only am I so sick of Namor bear constantly being put in this antagonistic position near constantly lately but if not dealt with, a plot point like Namor declaring the seas off limits really can’t remain self-contained considering that affects the whole planet.
    Yes and no. I don't entirely buy the lengths he's going to here... he seems to antagonist for my tastes. But at the same time, he's looking more bad @$$ here than he has in a long time. And that's kinda cool.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The solicit can be read either way, but it certainly can be read that way.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The solicit can be read either way, but it certainly can be read that way.
    I hope not. But I will say, at least promoting wise, I think Zdarsky has ... lost some enthusiasm.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You would think that, but has it even been mentioned in any other book, except Avengers, where it started?

Of course, Marvel thinks the planet only consists of land. They repeatedly ignore the oceans and Atlantis when their events 'touch every corner of the Marvel Universe."

Namor's always going to be raging against the surface dwellers, cause the surface dwellers are always trashing his oceans. I love this story so far, but I understand where you are coming from. I'm tired of Namor JUST being someone's antagonist or even villain. Give him his own solo book and rebuild his world and his character and give him his own unique story.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I hope not. But I will say, at least promoting wise, I think Zdarsky has ... lost some enthusiasm.
    You made a great point earlier about the sales though. Some title characters are doing a lot worse.

Honestly, the writing is excellent and the characterization fantastic, the only reason this book is doing poorly is entirely Marvel's doing. I've said it before, but they need to put either Namor and/or Jim in the Cap book. The problem Marvel has placed themselves in is that they only seemingly remember that these guys are friends and brothers when it suits them, i.e. when they try to relaunch an Invaders title. So when a new Invaders book comes out, it's only those of us who have been reading awhile who even remember this band of brothers and their strong ties. If they had Jim and Steve meeting for lunch every once and awhile, or Steve bringing Namor some bagels because "they don't have them in Atlantis", at least then newer readers would already be familiar with their dynamic and be more interested in picking up a series about these relationships. They've done Namor a huge disservice by usually a) making him the antagonist and b) primarily focusing on his problematic relationships. They need to do a better job of putting him around people who like him, whom he's friends with, so newer readers can see his softer side. And there was no reason that Jim couldn't have been at Ben's bachelor party the way that every other male character in the MU was. They've made these characters separate entities from the daily going-ons of the MU when there is no need. In the very least they should be an active part of Steve's world, and then get their own titles and have Steve and Bucky appear in those.

Anyway, did a quick reread of AvX yesterday and was reminded of this panel...

stevenamor.JPG

And I see no reason why there couldn't have been more of this type of thing interspersed after Secret Empire ended, with Jim and Namor trying to help Steve heal from the trauma of it the way Jim and Steve are trying to help Namor now, instead of just going straight to "Namor is mad at humanity, Steve has to pick a side".

And I see no reason why there couldn't have been more of this type of thing interspersed after Secret Empire ended, with Jim and Namor trying to help Steve heal from the trauma of it the way Jim and Steve are trying to help Namor now, instead of just going straight to "Namor is mad at humanity, Steve has to pick a side".
    Back in Namor's 90's series he had Steve coming in and out of that book, even becoming his parol officer and just Steve and Namor talking. In Heroes for Hire we have Namor and Jim interacting, in the older comics we had Cap and Namor and Jim in flashbacks. The reason why Marvel won't put Jim anywhere near the FF is because they do not want two human torches, yes Jim is a Torch and I'm still salty about that being taken away from him. Jim is always left out because Marvel thinks us fans will confuse him for Johnny Storm. I love the Steve and Namor dynamic but I really really want more Steve and Jim and Jim and Namor.

The sad truth is there use to be more heart to comics, you can see it in the older ones but lately its just SO MANY EVENTS and so many 'world ending crisis' after crisis after crisis. They do not take the time to just let the story breath before another crossover. It better to build up with stuff but Marvel keeps trying to appeal to mcu standards, and in the mcu Jim and Namor don't exist so that means they don't exist in cap's books.

Zdarsky has not been promoting like when the series first came out and I wish he would but its also Marvel's responsibility to get people interested in the books! The writers and artists showing previews and talking about/promoting it to their followers is always good but its no where near the exposure it would get if Marvel kept Invaders promotions up and not gone completely silent on them.

I'm hoping we do get more than one arc but we won't know till we know and so far we only have up to issue 6 to look forward to. I'm totally anxious waiting for 3 to come out cause at least then we can have some Namor and Bucky interaction and they have a very different friendship than Steve and Namor.

Attachment 79999

INVADERS #6
    “WAR GHOSTS” Finale!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Beautiful cover but a little sad to see that they are using namor as a villain. How I can see that he is a villain? well he is wearing a goatee of evilness.

I n other useless observation now I can confirm that the material in the sides of Namor thighs are actually a kind of fishnet and not scales as I have originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Beautiful cover but a little sad to see that they are using namor as a villain. How I can see that he is a villain? well he is wearing a goatee of evilness.

I n other useless observation now I can confirm that the material in the sides of Namor thighs are actually a kind of fishnet and not scales as I have originally thought.
    The solution to Namor's villain problem? Shave his beard and give him a haircut! XD He obviously must have lost his razor and he is upset about it. lol

Oh, god. I was wondering how to make an Invaders book perform better, and then I realized that the obvious solution is just... to add Wolverine... I think I'm gonna throw up... I've become what I hate...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh, god. I was wondering how to make an Invaders book perform better, and then I realized that the obvious solution is just... to add Wolverine... I think I'm gonna throw up... I've become what I hate...
    Absolutely (insert invective) NOT. I'll live with the sales we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post

I think the thigh material on Namor's new outfit is sort of a Rorschach test. Some artists want to see fishnets, some artists want to see scales. ;p

LOL! The goatee of evilness! Yes! That's exactly it.

The solution to Namor's villain problem? Shave his beard and give him a haircut! XD He obviously must have lost his razor and he is upset about it. lol
    Heh ... Explains his repeated invai ... visits to the surface world. He'll grab some bagels and swing by the Baxter Building and get a shave from Johnny Storm.