Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHHH. MORE INVADERS. This is a great year to be an Invaders fan. Link

Wow. Invaders by Thomas and Ordway, set in WWII. Fantastic! This would be perfect if it also featured Union Jack and Spitfire.

Peace

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Wow. Invaders by Thomas and Ordway, set in WWII. Fantastic! This would be perfect if it also featured Union Jack and Spitfire.

Peace
    I'm definitely hoping to see Union Jack and Spitfire somewhere this year. Marvel shouldn't forget the British side of the MU during this anniversary year.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm definitely hoping to see Union Jack and Spitfire somewhere this year. Marvel shouldn't forget the British side of the MU during this anniversary year.
    Perhaps once INVADERS is past its first arc Zardsky will start working in some of the other Invaders (either in present day or in the flashback scenes) like Spitfire and Union Jack II or III.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Perhaps once INVADERS is past its first arc Zardsky will start working in some of the other Invaders (either in present day or in the flashback scenes) like Spitfire and Union Jack II or III.
    Well, if Namor is a world threat, again, then hopefully we'll some of that world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

When I last saw Spitfire, she was dating Blade -- unless I'm totally forgetting a story arc somewhere (possible!). What's she been up to lately?

Or Toro?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Glad to see the title continuing for another arc. It could end after #12 though if things don't turn around for the title.
    All New Invaders went to #15 so that is the mark to beat. I don't know why Invaders is a tough sell for some, it has the pedigree folks!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad to see the title continuing for another arc. It could end after #12 though if things don't turn around for the title.
    All New Invaders went to #15 so that is the mark to beat. I don't know why Invaders is a tough sell for some, it has the pedigree folks!!
    It involves "old people" and "history"!

Some people (younger?) may feel anything before 2001 is "ancient history".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So how are sales doing? It has been critically acclaimed by the reviews, I thought that was a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    So how are sales doing? It has been critically acclaimed by the reviews, I thought that was a good sign.
    Well, for February, Invaders #2 sold 19,772 copies according to Diamond.

I'm not sure if March's sales figures have been posted yet (though it seems like they would normally have been made available by now).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I'm not sure if March's sales figures have been posted yet (though it seems like they would normally have been made available by now).
    Well, being on the top 100 on sales looks good to me.

Considering the lower sales all around, I think it's doing better than expected. The first two issues have gone back for a second printing ... which is good and bad.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + (-46%)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I would have thought so also. The drop between 2 and 3 should be a bit more revealing than between 1 and 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be a big drop.

Well, being on the top 100 on sales looks good to me.
    It is pretty good, especially when you consider the books it is outselling. Pretty sure we'll get another arc and I'm hoping we'll get even more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    When I last saw Spitfire, she was dating Blade -- unless I'm totally forgetting a story arc somewhere (possible!). What's she been up to lately?
    She and Blade appear to have broken up off-panel at some point. To the best of my knowledge, Spitfire was last seen in James Robinson's ALL NEW INVADERS series, fighting aliens alongside Union Jack III and the Mighty Destroyer.

She and Blade appear to have broken up off-panel at some point. To the best of my knowledge, Spitfire was last seen in James Robinson's ALL NEW INVADERS series, fighting aliens alongside Union Jack III and the Mighty Destroyer.
    That was the last time I recall seeing her. I didn't know about her and Blade breaking up, though. I mean, has either of them mentioned the other?

Ah, yes, I see my memory of publication dates is (way) off. I read and enjoyed Robinson's All-New Invaders, but for some reason I thought that Spitfire issue had come after and I hadn't seen her pop up since. Upon review, Spitfire #1 came out in 2010, and All-New in 2014.