Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Invaders #9 preview, last page!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This preview is full of so much awesomeness! I can't wait till next Wednesday.

Spitfire!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

"Daredevil" comic writer @zdarsky will be answering YOUR questions for a new episode of "Ask Marvel"! Tweet your important (and fun!) questions with the hashtag #AskMarvel and stay tuned to see if he answers them.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1171091126037766147

It doesn't exactly say that the question HAS to be about Daredevil. Someone needs to ask if Invaders is supposed to take place BEFORE War of Realms or what? I thought Roxxon was taken out in War of Realms.

I HAVE to get on Twitter.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't think it was. In Thor #16, Roz was pretty upset that Roxxon avoided a lot of the fallout from WofR. Or maybe she was talking specifically about Dario Agger? Gah, it was out like two weeks ago and I already forget.

Okay. I thought Roxxon got taken out in War of Realms.

It's still confusing. Cause no one has mentioned Namor's actions in relation to Roxxon, for the Avengers. But I found this ...

Haven't read the new Invaders yet, but Bleeding Cool has this panel, which gives us a clue as to WHEN these events are occurring. Sort of.

is this a mini series? is #12 the last issue?

Unless I've missed an announcement, #12 won't be the last issue. It's been an ongoing from the start.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Emphasis on GOSSIP.

Though I do wish the book would get more of a push.

I've been idly wondering if they won't move Zdarsky and Namor onto a new X-book to continue this storyline with a sales bump.

Speculation aside, I love this series, but I wish the Serpent Crown didn't look so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Emphasis on GOSSIP.

Zdarsky used to promo Invaders on this account, but it seems these days he is giving Daredevil more attention. Marvel can't be counted on to actually promo them, I just hope we get more out of this series.

INVADERS #9 SPOILERS....

Just posting a few pages here bc I feel that this is a big turning point, where Machan finally reveals to Namor that he had been planning something all along to find a way to get out of Namor's head, maybe now we can have the REAL Namor back without any inside influence.

INVADERS SPOILERS...

Also I just really hope that Toro is ok! I'm trying not to post a lot of spoilers but this issue was pretty packed and I really like Jackie being a major player, Jim is rightfully angry and he and Namor clash.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Emphasis on GOSSIP.

It may be gossip but as far as gossip of this type goes it tends to heavily slant towards a leaked reality of the future.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Wow. Zdarsky obviously isn't reading Aaron's Avengers. Why in the world would we get that surprise ending, when Black Panther just has to send Ka-Zar, in only a loin cloth without any air breathing gear, to the crushing dark depths of Atlantis, to sneak around Atlantis, on one breath -- like he did before.

No. I'm NEVER going to forget the load of crap Aaron heaped on Namor fans, trying to shore up Marvel's Tarzan as better than everyone in Atlantis, UNDERWATER in their own city.

On a less salty and more appreciative note ... Another packed issue, with so much to think about. Still loving the Guice flashbacks, and boy, Magno can draw a battle scene!