BANNED

Default Galactus Question

Hey guys, I have a question and hope someone here could answer it.

During Mark Waid's run on the Fantastic Four, we had the arc where Johnny becomes a herald and during the story Galan's essence is separated from Galactus' energy and thus is returned to his more "humanoid" form, the energy eventually would return to him, but in order to avoid becoming Galactus once more, Galen imprisoned himself in another dimension.

My question is: How and when did he come back ? I read all the following F4 runs and I don't remember any explanation as to how Galactus returned.

BANNED

Anyone guys ?

Sorry, do not know. Did not read it.

Why did Johnny become a Herald?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

There was no explanation. Galactus was just there in Annihilation, which was the next big event and appearance for him.

There was also a Beta Ray Bill mini from around the same time, where Galactus ate New Korbin. I think that was between the FF and Annihilation and dont remember it ever being mentioned there how or why Galactus was back being Galactus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sorry, do not know. Did not read it.

Why did Johnny become a Herald?
    Some alien civilization found a way to cloak their planet from Galactus, but they found out that there was one person who could bypass that shielding and that was Sue Storm, so they came to Earth to kill her, instead Reed apparently took away her powers, but in reality she simply swapped Sue and Johnny's powers, and the aliens bought it, so they retreated it, but suddenly Galactus came to Earth and destroyed the entire alien ship.

There was some arguing and I don't remember how but Galactus made Johnny his herald after that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    There was no explanation. Galactus was just there in Annihilation, which was the next big event and appearance for him.

There was also a Beta Ray Bill mini from around the same time, where Galactus ate New Korbin. I think that was between the FF and Annihilation and dont remember it ever being mentioned there how or why Galactus was back being Galactus.
    The one named Godhunter ?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    The one named Godhunter ?
    The previous one, Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill by Michael Avon Oeming and Andrea DiVito (a great book that directly follows up the events of Thor: Disassembled). The second issue of Stormbreaker came out the same month the last part of the Fantastic Four arc where Galactus lost his powers and left to another dimension, so Galactus came back pretty much as soon as he left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    The previous one, Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill by Michael Avon Oeming and Andrea DiVito (a great book that directly follows up the events of Thor: Disassembled). The second issue of Stormbreaker came out the same month the last part of the Fantastic Four arc where Galactus lost his powers and left to another dimension, so Galactus came back pretty much as soon as he left.
    Lately I've noticed that post 2000s Marvel has tended to ignore their own continuity on many characters, as if they didn't know where was the last time they appeared or what happened to them, editorial needs to be more strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Lately I've noticed that post 2000s Marvel has tended to ignore their own continuity on many characters, as if they didn't know where was the last time they appeared or what happened to them, editorial needs to be more strict.
    Agreed.

I think that's a major failing on
    Marvel's part that leads too a lot of fans not caring.