Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I CAN'T WAIT! this issue needs to come out now! Oh man i am bummed about Invaders ending but also there is still a few issues left!
    Yeah, I'm super upset about it ending as well.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Invaders #10 preview. You know, I'm not much for the whole shipping thing (because that way mostly leads to madness) but I'm suddenly finding myself shipping Steve/Namor.

Thanks for posting this! Great preview!

And you aren't alone about that particular 'ship. Not my own preference, but there's definitely a lot people reading it that way.

Namor, who distrusts humans on a good day (not saying I blame him exactly given the rate coral reefs are dying), hates them on a bad one, offers to bring Steve home because he doesn't want him to be alone *heart eyes*.

"Sadly, Atlantis is more used to military strikes than espionage attempts." That's HEARTBREAKING.

"A man has been tortured here. Held captive." Betcha he's talking about Namor.
    I need to go re-read last issue.

And yes, it heartbreaking. People forget that Atlantis is usually responding to something the surface world has done to them, usually lethally.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Zdarsky's Newsletter addresses the upcoming Invaders issue #10...

Apparently Zdarsky ships it.

Zdarsky's Newsletter addresses the upcoming Invaders issue #10...

Apparently Zdarsky ships it.

Of course, he does. ;p

Can't wait to read today's issue!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

This issue has good action, however I always have issues with Marvel finding ways to keep Namor out of the water, it's not my preference but I can understand the context of it in this series, however just how many times has Namor not been able to breath underwater or becomes "human" in the past? I recall it happening a few times over the years. Anyways, I just wish Zdarsky would give more love to the Torches, and also everything gets resolved well before the series ends.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This issue has good action, however I always have issues with Marvel finding ways to keep Namor out of the water, it's not my preference but I can understand the context of it in this series, however just how many times has Namor not been able to breath underwater or becomes "human" in the past? I recall it happening a few times over the years. Anyways, I just wish Zdarsky would give more love to the Torches, and also everything gets resolved well before the series ends.
    I'm pretty sure, given how quickly Cap reverted, that Namor will be back to his underwater self by the end of the series, at least. Iron Torch, OTOH, I worry about.

And I thought we have seen Hammond under the mental influence of others before?

Over all, I thought it was a good issue, with everyone getting a chance at panel time.

I am with Bucky, though, about Hydroman. Why does Cap think he's been tortured? I don't recall seeing that, but it's been several issues since we've seen him.

I'm a little confused. Of course, I was skimming quickly while at work, so I'm sure I missed something. But I thought there was NO "cure." That Bucky and Cap were going to get the compound so they could come up with a cure? So, I'm not so sure how Cap and Namor got changed. And wouldn't Namor still have his Hydroman powers?

I'm also wondering about the Atlanteans making a compound that can also turn THEM into "humans?"

Also, Roxxon is going to do terrible things to Kaito if they ever learn he's trying to get some mutating chemical, instead of the Serpent Crown. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm pretty sure, given how quickly Cap reverted, that Namor will be back to his underwater self by the end of the series, at least. Iron Torch, OTOH, I worry about.

Over all, I thought it was a good issue, with everyone getting a chance at panel time.

I am with Bucky, though, about Hydroman. Why does Cap think he's been tortured? I don't recall seeing that, but it's been several issues since we've seen him.

I'm a little confused. Of course, I was skimming quickly while at work, so I'm sure I missed something. But I thought there was NO "cure." That Bucky and Cap were going to get the compound so they could come up with a cure? So, I'm not so sure how Cap and Namor got changed. And wouldn't Namor still have his Hydroman powers?

I'm also wondering about the Atlanteans making a compound that can also turn THEM into "humans?"

Also, Roxxon is going to do terrible things to Kaito if they ever learn he's trying to get some mutating chemical, instead of the Serpent Crown. LOL!
    I was wondering that exact same thing. Definitely a head scratcher.

Good point about Jim. He has. An example I can think of off the top of my head is the Invaders arc in Mark Waid's Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty run.

As for Steve and Hydraman, that's just Steve being Steve. He believes everyone deserves redemption and/or a second chance to make better choices. One of his exes, Rachel Leighton/Diamondback, started off as a member of the Serpent Society. Here's a recent example from the Miles Morales run...

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It was said that the genus compound changed them permanently but it was unstable and whoever used it would eventually die. As for Namor and Steve, they inhaled the human compound that was made. IIRC Namor made two atlanteans human to help Roman, so that must have been the one they stole since there is not enough time to make one themselves in panel time, things moved pretty fast. Also if you notice, Nay, Roman, and other Nu Atlanteans (im calling them that) did NOT have pointed ears, yet Bucky and Steve did. Namor when he gets changed into human does NOT have wings or pointed ears. His wings are his mutation, even if he had become human he would STILL be a mutant and should still have them. Also another thing was Namor's eyes were still black, which i thought was bc of machan and the serpent crown, but also was it from his use of his powers? Anyways what I'm saying is, Namor should still have his wings cause he is a mutant even if he is a human one. Also what is Machan up to? If he knew that people would die from becoming Atlantean?

invaders 10 1.jpg

invaders 10 2.jpg

invaders 10 3.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member

We've seen him influenced by Lady Lotus before...so clearly, Machan's problem was that he wasn't using sexual appeal along with his mental powers.

Seriously though, I'd say Jim's immunity to mind control powers probably varies depending on the nature of the telepathic/psychic attack. He doesn't have a human brain, but he does possess human emotions - so he'll be able to resist some attacks but be vulnerable to others.

Good point about Jim. He has. An example I can think of off the top of my head is the Invaders arc in Mark Waid's Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty run.
    I was thinking he was also controlled in Remender's Secret Avengers run, also. But my memory of that has mostly been blotted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    We've seen him influenced by Lady Lotus before...so clearly, Machan's problem was that he wasn't using sexual appeal along with his mental powers.

Seriously though, I'd say Jim's immunity to mind control powers probably varies depending on the nature of the telepathic/psychic attack. He doesn't have a human brain, but he does possess human emotions - so he'll be able to resist some attacks but be vulnerable to others.
    LOL! But Machan is a Water Rat!

It's Serpent Crown. One of the most powerful mind control magic items out there. I wouldn't think Hammond would be able to resist that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

He clearly has emotions, so he could likely be effected by people such as Enchantress or Empath or Psycho Man whose ability specifically targets ones emotions.

But if the means of control target the physical brain of a person, it might not work since his physical brain is different. We've seen that with Vision on occasion. He could be controlled by Enchantress, but has been immune to other forms of mind control in the past.

Newsarama Article "Marvel's INVADERS Title Ending, But Writer Hopeful for Return 'in the Near Future'"

Excerpt: "Marvel’s been incredibly supportive of the book, so hopefully Invaders will return in the near future."

Newsarama Article "Marvel's INVADERS Title Ending, But Writer Hopeful for Return 'in the Near Future'"

Excerpt: "Marvel’s been incredibly supportive of the book, so hopefully Invaders will return in the near future."
    Marvel SHOULD be supportive of the book. It's done better than several of the other books that launched last year, including books and characters that have been "relaunched" more than once, and looks like are going to get more chances next year.

I really wish they'd give this book another year. Or at least another arc. It's one of the best Marvel puts out, with such a great creative team.

Invaders #11 preview. Awwww, Steve is making Namor dinner. It's sweet.

Preview for Invaders #11 continued...

Thank you Carlos Magno for those lovely panels of topless Steve. You are a gentleman and a scholar.