Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

It'll be interesting to see how Xavier fits into all of this. There seems to be some sort of big deep dark secret that the two of them have kept from everyone all this time.
    I still maintain a theory that it may not have been Xavier, but rather the Shadow King. Those eye make me think he's involved somehow, though judging by the vibe of the book, Shadow King would be from left field at this point. Then again, Xavier kind of was too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    So good. That issue was so good. I can see why they sent out free copies now, if this issue doesn't get people hooked on this book I don't know what else will.
    Yes, this was - as with the previous issues - really excellent. I'm glad that Marvel is putting more copies out, trying to entice more readers to picking it up. It's a beautifully done book from top to bottom.

Still, budgets have limits and I get that it's hard for people to add another title to the pull list. But damn, this book really deserves to have as long a run as possible.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I miss the previous art. Everyone here has weird mouths here. That being said, the colors are nice - especially Jim Hammond's fire. The story seems to mostly be building blocks for what's to come, but it's interesting nonetheless. There's some nice continuity footnotes in there, which I'm always a sucker for.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I just want to say how much I HATE that oxygen imbalance THEORY. If it never gets brought up again, I will be a happy camper.

Also, another GREAT issue. The only thing missing was the lovely Butch Guice flashbacks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I just want to say how much I HATE that oxygen imbalance THEORY. If it never gets brought up again, I will be a happy camper.
    Another one for the Byrne Burn List.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Another one for the Byrne Burn List.
    Along with, let's make Namor and Namora sterile, cause they are mixed race / hybrid, and let's make Namorita a clone. O_O
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-28-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

So what are the current theories as to what Xavier and Namor are hiding?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The most obvious theory is that Xavier is responsible for Namor's amnesia. But I think it's a fakeout.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Chuck is getting a lot of past sins exposed if that is the case. Unless they can spin it for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    So what are the current theories as to what Xavier and Namor are hiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The most obvious theory is that Xavier is responsible for Namor's amnesia. But I think it's a fakeout.
    I haven't come up with any theories, myself. I agree with Mike_Murdock, that I don't think it's about Namor's amnesia, and that's a red herring.

Nae and her dad also have something to do with it, as they know about Xavier. And the dad, and Namor himself, seem to think it was something that helped Namor.

The previews for Invaders #4...

INVADERS1.jpg
    INVADERS-2.jpg
    INVADERS-3.jpg

Last edited by capandkirby; 04-05-2019 at 07:55 AM.

It looked like the Marvel Comics Presents first issue was trying to retcon Namor's amnesia as happening at ground zero of Nagasaki, but I guess not, because it looks like he still had his memories in the first three pages here.

I had completely forgotten about Namor's amnesia prior to this book. In my head, for absolutely no reason, I think I created a mythical backstory where he rescinded back to the oceans after World War II and didn't feel compelled to return until fatefully encountering the Fantastic Four. At some point, I started accepting that as fact.

Makes me wonder what other fictions I've tied to characters/stories that aren't true...

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor did go back to the oceans after WWll, where he had many adventures and such but then he was mind wiped by a villain called Destiny who sends him to New York where he wanders homeless for years until the FF. Namor's amnesia was retconned in this years Marvel Comics Presents, and from what I read int he preview (THANKS for them CapandKirby!!!) he still didn't remember who he was, Nay probably recognized him when he tried to help her, I'm guessing most likely because she grew up with pictures of him and the Invaders and her dad telling her about Namor, whom she is named for, and she had him bring her home. Maybe she seemed familiar to Namor and that is why he approached her.

I'm so glad to have butch's art for the flashbacks. I bet Namor probably gets his memories back somehow during his time with the Petersons but then how did he lose them again? Can't wait for the next comic.

Edit: No wait, I misread you CapandKirby, In the beginning of Marvel comics presents Namor is in Atlantis, where it was destoryed after the war, maybe this fits in a timeline where its just after all the other invaders disbanded but before the final end of the war, maybe those atlanteans called him home because of the destruction and then he went on to that final story in Marvel Comics Presents? I'm just trying to fit things to the new timeline.

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 04-05-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis