Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Iron Man is going to be "dead in the water," if he's not real careful. ;p If the land bound Invaders don't get him, there's this ...

Like I said, STAY AWAY from the WATER, Tony!
    LOL, an underrated pairing is Namor's Fist and Tony's face! XD

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL, an underrated pairing is Namor's Fist and Tony's face! XD

Oh my.

And all those are near the water. Just saying, Tony. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't think Tony considers Namor taking over the world as Invaders business. ;p

Remember, I think it was the 2nd issue, he wanted to have the Avengers invade Atlantis, AGAIN, and take out Namor. Cap ended that call.
    yes Steve states he calls in Jim and Bucky to get this resolved before the Avengers charge in or Namor attacks. Seems Tony always thinks he knows best.

Oh my.

And all those are near the water. Just saying, Tony. ;p
    Iron Man punching Namor is cool too.

And Iron Man beating Namor underwater is super-cool.

July Solicits are up!

INVADERS #7
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    DEAD IN THE WATER!
    • The world is forever changed.
    • The INVADERS are shattered.
    • And NAMOR is the world’s greatest threat.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Looks like Namor as an antagonist continues... somehow.

Also, looks like Iron Man STILL hasn't learned to stay away from the water. ;p

And it looks the trades for the first six issues in trade will also come out in July.
    LOL what the hell, is Tony wearing his new "Assless Chaps Armor"? Those are some golden cheeks.

I didn't even know Tony was in Invaders before. I'll see what's up when this issue comes out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    yes Steve states he calls in Jim and Bucky to get this resolved before the Avengers charge in or Namor attacks. Seems Tony always thinks he knows best.
    Technically though T'Challa should be leading the Avengers, not Stark. So it would be his call. Given his history with Namor, it actually would be interesting to see more of his perspective on Namors current actions.

But really, this sort of role in comics seems to always fall on Tony. Stark seems to end up on the wrong side of these sort of stories quite often. Not that I don't see Starks perspective... he has legit reason to worry about Namor and Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I didn't even know Tony was in Invaders before. I'll see what's up when this issue comes out.
    Don't. We know enough. Blacklist it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    LOL what the hell, is Tony wearing his new "Assless Chaps Armor"? Those are some golden cheeks.
    LOL! Tony heard he was going to be in a comic with Speedo Namor and Winter Soldier and Shirtless Cap and Feels Jim Hammond, so he wanted to bring his sexy. ;p

Of course, now you've ruined it for me. He's no longer the Golden Avenger, but the Golden Cheeks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LOL! Tony heard he was going to be in a comic with Speedo Namor and Winter Soldier and Shirtless Cap and Feels Jim Hammond, so he wanted to bring his sexy. ;p

Of course, now you've ruined it for me. He's no longer the Golden Avenger, but the Golden Cheeks.
    I'm calling him "Shiny Hiney."
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It was just one panel, where he was arguing with Cap about Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Technically though T'Challa should be leading the Avengers, not Stark. So it would be his call. Given his history with Namor, it actually would be interesting to see more of his perspective on Namors current actions.

But really, this sort of role in comics seems to always fall on Tony. Stark seems to end up on the wrong side of these sort of stories quite often. Not that I don't see Starks perspective... he has legit reason to worry about Namor and Atlantis.
    Considering what's he's DONE to Atlantis, yes, he does.

Given the history between Atlantis and Wakanda, this is a mess that could easily escalate. In fact, I'm surprised that T'challa was even involved in that other invasion of Atlantis to get the Roxxon employees. Of course, as we were talking elsewhere, it appears he's intending to do what Namor did to Roxxon employees ... which it will be interesting to see if his fellow Avengers object to.

To be honest, I wish Zdarsky had left out the rest of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by things fall apart View Post
    i'm calling him "shiny hiney."
    lol!

It was just one panel, where he was arguing with Cap about Namor.

To be honest, I wish Zdarsky had left out the rest of the Avengers.
    One panel, but one panel in two different issues. He was in the first issue, too.

And same, but probably for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd like to see Invaders (perhaps set post Capsicle) get a series on Disney +.

Maybe have it feature Namor, Human Torch, and Isiah Bradley (As Patriot) and Spitfire.

Obviously that would involve some divergence from the comics, but Jeff Mace was already on Agents of SHIELD, and I doubt Chris Evans is coming back for a show so it's a way to get some Golden Age characters on screen AND play around with the Cap legacy.
    That's an interesting pitch ... sort of like All Winners. As I've said elsewhere, I wish they would do more with the Brits on the Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

True and he could be on a recon mission when he comes across them Bucky and of course fights firsts, which is the superhero way.

Tony could also have some connection with whatever super weapon they had been working on.