Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Great avatars, ImperiusWrecked! But we need the one of Namor hugging Steve! I still think it could be someone else, but the more I think about it, the story leads to Cap. Guice is going to have to work out a way to differentiate between Cap and Hammond. Change up their hair styles, please!
    I got a few edits of Namor and Steve, the length is 250 but the width is smaller since that is the way the panel was arranged, still here they are! Gosh this panel makes me happy, I love these guys.

namorandsteve2.jpg

namorandsteve1.jpg

namorandsteve3.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I got a few edits of Namor and Steve, the length is 250 but the width is smaller since that is the way the panel was arranged, still here they are! Gosh this panel makes me happy, I love these guys.

namorandsteve2.jpg

namorandsteve1.jpg

namorandsteve3.jpg
    I love those! Beautiful! Excellent work. I'm going to save one for later, and maybe switch out when I want something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Aaaah. It's going to take me a while to catch up. O_O

Great avatars, ImperiusWrecked! But we need the one of Namor hugging Steve! I still think it could be someone else, but the more I think about it, the story leads to Cap. Guice is going to have to work out a way to differentiate between Cap and Hammond. Change up their hair styles, please!

I think Zdarsky will do a Cap and Bucky arc after this one -- sales willing. He did say Cap and Namor were his favorite characters.

CapandKirby there's a Invaders appreciation thread here, if you're into the other runs with the team. MajorHoy and end up talking about a lot of Golden Age stuff, so I'd love to have folks that have enjoyed other runs. And I've been thinking I need to read the original run as I'm very spotty on that run.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

There's also a Cap Appreciation thread here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n+america+2019

Here's the old one -- they closed all the appreciation threads and made folks start new ones in New Year.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...a-Appreciation
    I am definitely into other runs of the team, I've read them all. Although, like you I'm due for a reread of the 70's run, it's been a good long while. We should form a book club or something. Thank you for the links!

In my mind some of the best Invaders stories are hidden gems within other runs. For example, Mark Waid had a great Invaders story in his Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty run. It went from issue #2 to issue #4. Love it.

RCO023_w.jpg

I feel like Mark Waid must have been a huge Invaders fan, because he's referenced the Invaders during his Cap runs on a few of occasions.

And the Cap annual for 2001 was an Invaders story. Not for the squeamish though. Cap gets tortured in it.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 01-20-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    And the Cap annual for 2001 was an Invaders story. Not for the squeamish though. Cap gets tortured in it.
    I always enjoy it when the invaders pop up in Steve's books, and I really enjoyed that Cap annual. Steve has no hesitation when he jumps in to save Namor. I miss this old friendship and it's been sorely missing from the books for the last decade or more. It felt like comics used to have more heart to them imo.

Mighty Member

I always enjoy it when the invaders pop up in Steve's books, and I really enjoyed that Cap annual. Steve has no hesitation when he jumps in to save Namor. I miss this old friendship and it's been sorely missing from the books for the last decade or more. It felt like comics used to have more heart to them imo.

Very cool, I've been adding Captain America stories with the Invaders from this thread to my must read list.

The cover for Invaders #4...

Invaderscover.jpg

...looks like this is the issue where we find out what Xavier has to do with it all.

This is really cool cover art.

The cover for Invaders #4...

Invaderscover.jpg

...looks like this is the issue where we find out what Xavier has to do with it all.

This is really cool cover art.
    WOW! this must be the issue where things are going be revealed i hope! and look at namor's old suits in the background, i really cant wait for this! thanks for the cover art preview!

WOW! this must be the issue where things are going be revealed i hope! and look at namor's old suits in the background, i really cant wait for this! thanks for the cover art preview!
    No problem... why do I have a suspicious feeling I'm not going to be too pleased with Xavier after this? If he was responsible for Namor's amnesia, or Namor's possession....

No problem... why do I have a suspicious feeling I'm not going to be too pleased with Xavier after this? If he was responsible for Namor's amnesia, or Namor's possession....
    Comic Xavier is not as nice as movie Xavier and has frequently done things to people that are very shady. I have some suspicions but currently his mind is residing in Fantomex of the X-Men, and Xavier doesn't have a physical body but that could change.

Comic Xavier is not as nice as movie Xavier and has frequently done things to people that are very shady. I have some suspicions but currently his mind is residing in Fantomex of the X-Men, and Xavier doesn't have a physical body but that could change.
    Yeah, comic!Xavier makes me want to punch him in the face, lol. Wouldn't trust the guy further than I can throw him. I remember Onslaught, Xavier, that's on you!

...and I have a feeling that Namor's situation right now is going to be of a similar vein. Xavier did something to Namor in the past, because he's a controlling dick, and it's manifested itself now as a problem.

Didn't know he hadn't come back in physical form yet, I haven't kept up with the X-Men titles, thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, comic!Xavier makes me want to punch him in the face, lol. Wouldn't trust the guy further than I can throw him. I remember Onslaught, Xavier, that's on you!

...and I have a feeling that Namor's situation right now is going to be of a similar vein. Xavier did something to Namor in the past, because he's a controlling dick, and it's manifested itself now as a problem.

Didn't know he hadn't come back in physical form yet, I haven't kept up with the X-Men titles, thanks for letting me know!
    You're welcome! I had to honestly ask a friend who is still in the x-men books because even though i love the x-men, quicksilver and nightcrawler are my favorites, I just am not happy with how the series is being written but i may look into the nightcrawler solo that is coming out soon!

Yes, Xavier def needs to explain some stuff and I am really hoping Jim gets his moment to shine. I can't wait to see Toro come into the series too.

You're welcome! I had to honestly ask a friend who is still in the x-men books because even though i love the x-men, quicksilver and nightcrawler are my favorites, I just am not happy with how the series is being written but i may look into the nightcrawler solo that is coming out soon!

Yes, Xavier def needs to explain some stuff and I am really hoping Jim gets his moment to shine. I can't wait to see Toro come into the series too.
    Honestly, I want all (five of) the boys, inches away from each other, fighting side-by-side. We need a panel with a group shot, so, you know, I can use it for wallpaper on my phone.

Honestly, I want all (five of) the boys, inches away from each other, fighting side-by-side. We need a panel with a group shot, so, you know, I can use it for wallpaper on my phone.
    Yes please! I can't wait for more art to come out, we were lucky this time and got really good people on this.

So remember when I teased a few posts back that the Invaders should cameo in Steve's run and that he had been framed recently and maybe they'd visit him in prison?...

CAPTAIN AMERICA #10

TA-NEHISI COATES (W)

ADAM KUBERT (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

CAPTAIN OF NOTHING continues! A prison riot is the best possible cover to break Captain America out of confinement -- but what if the Star-Spangled Avenger doesn't want to go?

32 pages, $3.99.
    ...wonder if they are going to be the ones who are going to try and break him out. Wouldn't be a reach to theorize that it's going to be them considering that Sam's been a no-show in Steve's book so far (Sam, where are you? We miss you!) and I assume the Avengers are a bit miffed at him at present for ditching them to go after Namor.

The timing of everything is throwing me off. Because Ross is now dead in Steve's book (Ross is whom Steve is being framed for having murdered) but Ross was just in the Avengers book a couple of issues back, Avengers #10, as he was the one who wanted the US to form the Squadron Supreme of America after Steve reminded him that the Avengers don't work solely for the US. So assuming the Cap books are a little ahead of the rest of the MU at present, it might all fit.