Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 731

Thread: Invaders (2019)

  1. #16
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Like the Invaders always have. Looking forward to it.

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    My only quip is not being in WW2. Minor for me. Still would love an extended series during the war. It’s been done before but can’t have enough ... especially if Epting could be convinced to return.
    I'd rather have more WWII action as well, though I'm always afraid Marvel would make the major threat then be Hydra and stay away from the Nazis/Germans (as they had seemed like they'd been starting to do more of for the past 5-10 years or so, like in the first of the Captain America movies).

    By the way, for some variant covers, Previewsworld has this as "QUESADA VIRGIN VAR":


    There are also listings for a "(Frank) ROBBINS HIDDEN GEM VAR" and a "(Skottie) YOUNG VAR", but no images were available for them yet?

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Needs more punching Hitler.

  4. #19
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Needs more punching Hitler.
    * Hitler Getting Punched
    A Blog About Hitler Getting Punched.


  5. #20
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    981

    Default

    I’d like to see Tara, Nia, and Peter.

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d like to see Tara, Nia, and Peter.
    You threw me there . . . had to look up to see you meant The Fin (Peter Noble) and his wife Nia (the daughter of U-Man and Lady Lotus?).

  7. #22
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You threw me there . . . had to look up to see you meant The Fin (Peter Noble) and his wife Nia (the daughter of U-Man and Lady Lotus?).
    Yup! I really enjoyed Nia and hoped she would have become a prominent character in MU.

    Tara should be reactivated.

  8. #23
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    845

    Default

    I am really looking forward to this new upcoming series, does anyone know how long it will be? Or is it just a 12 issue thing?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  9. #24
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I am really looking forward to this new upcoming series, does anyone know how long it will be? Or is it just a 12 issue thing?
    I don't know if Marvel has said one way or another.

    (Not like they don't just suddenly end books without any announcement either these days.)

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    By the way, I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Invaders #1 is due out January 16, 2019. Invaders #2 has been solicited for February 27, 2019.
    (I have no idea why they need an extra couple of weeks between issues #1 and #2.)

  11. #26
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Invaders #1 is due out January 16, 2019. Invaders #2 has been solicited for February 27, 2019.
    (I have no idea why they need an extra couple of weeks between issues #1 and #2.)
    May just be a production schedule thing.

    Know what I'd love? Somebody to basically do what Roy Thomas attempted at DC with All-Star Squadron: a sweeping epic of The US' history in the WWII era told using the published heroes of the era. It would actually work better with The Invaders because Timely's characters weren't as powerful as DC/AA's, avoiding the whole "Why didn't Superman and The Spectre end WWII within a week?" issue.

    What's more, it could afford a hader edge. Characters that got cancelled during the era? Well, war has casualties.

  12. #27
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Know what I'd love? Somebody to basically do what Roy Thomas attempted at DC with All-Star Squadron: a sweeping epic of The US' history in the WWII era told using the published heroes of the era. It would actually work better with The Invaders because Timely's characters weren't as powerful as DC/AA's, avoiding the whole "Why didn't Superman and The Spectre end WWII within a week?" issue.

    What's more, it could afford a hader edge. Characters that got cancelled during the era? Well, war has casualties.
    One problem with that would be who would buy it / could it generate sufficient sales? Marvel had The Marvels Project, but I don't think that was as successful as Marvel expected. And Marvel wouldn't even finish publishing All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes, first cutting back how many issues it would run and then just cancelling it outright before they finished publishing issues they had previously solicited.

  13. #28
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Invaders #1 is due out January 16, 2019. Invaders #2 has been solicited for February 27, 2019.
    (I have no idea why they need an extra couple of weeks between issues #1 and #2.)
    will next weeks Defenders Namor #1 be a prequel of sorts for Invaders?

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    will next weeks Defenders Namor #1 be a prequel of sorts for Invaders?
    Good question.

    Zdarsky & Magno are also the writer and artist for Invaders #1.


    DEFENDERS NAMOR #1
    (W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Carlos Magno (CA) Ron Garney
    "THE BEST DEFENSE" PART TWO!
    • The Monarch of the Oceans has declared war once more on the surface world in the pages of AVENGERS. And if this is a war that Namor means to win, he is going to need allies to stand beside him!
    • The Sub-Mariner's quest for a lost tribe of sea-dwellers carries him further than he ever thought possible-and to a reckoning both strange and wonderful!
    • And hey, what's up with that weird apparition in the sheet, anyway?
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Dec 05, 2018
    SRP: $4.99
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT180820

    variant cover by Marco Checchetto:


    variant cover by Chris Stevens


    There's also a "(Mike) MIGNOLA HIDDEN GEM VAR"; see:
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT180823

  15. #30
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I'm always down for more Invaders.
    me three.

    I hope it is good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •