Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have my suspicions about why that is, but I'm short of time right now.

On the bright side, Patrick Zircher said on his twitter that he was doing a Cap and Subby cover. I'm not sure what it is for or if it is a variant, but keeping my fingers crossed it is for more about the pair.
    Oh that is good news! Thanks! Gonna go follow him now.

Newsarama is also running a story on retailers getting double the amount of Invaders comics ordered, for free...

https://www.newsarama.com/44477-marv...-for-free.html

I already have a subscription, so I'm already paying for it, but I wonder if the CBS are going to give them out for free or treat them as regular inventory and try to sell them. In the spirit of the old adage "it costs money to make money", in my mind they'd have a likelihood and of getting more people hooked on the book and willing to subscribe to it, which means higher profit in the long run, if they gave the surplus out for free to interested readers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The way my shop tends to do it is to have things along the lines of B1G1 free sales (buy issue one, get issue two for free, etc.). Issue #3 makes that a bit tricky, but it's a good way to get people into a book if they market it correctly.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where does the the Invaders fit in the current timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Where does the the Invaders fit in the current timeline?
    I'm a little behind, but doesn't it follow up on the events of Aaron's early Avengers issues?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm a little behind, but doesn't it follow up on the events of Aaron's early Avengers issues?
    I am in the same boat as you, sir.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, about five or six issues ago in Avengers is where it starts, so I'd say it runs roughly parallel with the understanding that it happens in the downtime and not when Cap is battling Vampires.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Newsarama is also running a story on retailers getting double the amount of Invaders comics ordered, for free...

https://www.newsarama.com/44477-marv...-for-free.html

I already have a subscription, so I'm already paying for it, but I wonder if the CBS are going to give them out for free or treat them as regular inventory and try to sell them. In the spirit of the old adage "it costs money to make money", in my mind they'd have a likelihood and of getting more people hooked on the book and willing to subscribe to it, which means higher profit in the long run, if they gave the surplus out for free to interested readers.
    I'm not sure if they are pushing Invaders or Zdarsky (since they are doing the same with Daredevil, of all books).

But it may be an Invaders push. IIRC, they included All New Invaders #1 in the back of some popular books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Second issue of Invaders also got a 2nd printing, with this cover -- for those that didn't appreciate the Cap getting strangled cover on the first printing.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Some scans of Jim and Steve vs Namor. I enjoyed this issue, but I seriously can't wait for issue 4, I feel like everything is finally going to get explained there.

I have to say that fire is beautiful, I love Jim. I did not expect Jim to flame on, and there was no explanation for how he got his fire powers back, the last we had of that was when he got them taken away in the last Invaders series. I almost just don't want to question it because I thought them taking away Jim's flames was dumb in the first place but I love details so I do want to know how he got them back.

The U.S. has been creating war weapons since the 1939 when Namor first appeared/attacked New York is something that popped up, it makes sense and also shows how no matter how many times Namor did help them, they still see him as a threat. The reference to Namor's oxygen imbalance was brought up, and I hope there is more to it than that. It seems Namor was trying to cure it, but we still have to wait and see what Xavier did exactly (if it was Xavier) in the next issue.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Extraordinary Member

I almost hope that Xavier isn't involved just because, while he annoys me, he sort of just takes over whatever stories he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Some scans of Jim and Steve vs Namor. I enjoyed this issue, but I seriously can't wait for issue 4, I feel like everything is finally going to get explained there.

I have to say that fire is beautiful, I love Jim. I did not expect Jim to flame on, and there was no explanation for how he got his fire powers back, the last we had of that was when he got them taken away in the last Invaders series. I almost just don't want to question it because I thought them taking away Jim's flames was dumb in the first place but I love details so I do want to know how he got them back.

The U.S. has been creating war weapons since the 1939 when Namor first appeared/attacked New York is something that popped up, it makes sense and also shows how no matter how many times Namor did help them, they still see him as a threat. The reference to Namor's oxygen imbalance was brought up, and I hope there is more to it than that. It seems Namor was trying to cure it, but we still have to wait and see what Xavier did exactly (if it was Xavier) in the next issue.
    So good. That issue was so good. I can see why they sent out free copies now, if this issue doesn't get people hooked on this book I don't know what else will.

I wondered about Jim's flame powers, too.

This part broke my heart, poor Steve:

steveinvaders3.jpg

Still carrying the weight of Secret Empire (even though it wasn't him).

And as we discussed on Twitter, Zdarsky must be a Trekkie, having Steve channel his inner Bones...

stevechannelsbones.jpg

That cliffhanger man, Chip is just mean to leave it like that.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    So good. That issue was so good. I can see why they sent out free copies now, if this issue doesn't get people hooked on this book I don't know what else will.

I wondered about Jim's flame powers, too.

This part broke my heart, poor Steve:

steveinvaders3.jpg

Still carrying the weight of Secret Empire (even though it wasn't him).

And as we discussed on Twitter, Zdarsky must be a Trekkie, having Steve channel his inner Bones...

stevechannelsbones.jpg

That cliffhanger man, Chip is just mean to leave it like that.
    Chip has to keep us coming back for more! I honestly thought I was going to get a Jim VS Namor call back fight, to their og fight when I saw him flame on. Steve is pissed that Jim would save his life, like come on Steve! Jim isn't going to let you drown
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Chip has to keep us coming back for more! I honestly thought I was going to get a Jim VS Namor call back fight, to their og fight when I saw him flame on. Steve is pissed that Jim would save his life, like come on Steve! Jim isn't going to let you drown
    Steve values his own life very little. He must annoy the hell out of everyone who loves him with that charming little personality trait, lol.

What I love about that scene is it highlights how well they all know each other. From Namor's "You just couldn't let it go you stubborn bastards" to Steve's "Uh, you know us, so the answer to that is of course not, duh" to Namor knowing that buy throwing Steve out into the ocean Jim would immediately rush to save him, leaving him with some alone time with the Petersons. Well played, Namor, well played.

But, I mean, Chip already has us, he had us at hello, did he have to leave it like THAT...

(Kidding, kidding)

I can sort of understand why they took away Jims flame powers and made it more radiation based. It sort of distinquished him from Johnny Storm. Mind you I don't agree with it... I just understand it. I like seeing him with the flames again too.

I do appreciate the continuity this book has... going all the way back to some of the oxygen imbalance issues Namor dealt with in the Namor book back in the day was a nice call up.

It'll be interesting to see how Xavier fits into all of this. There seems to be some sort of big deep dark secret that the two of them have kept from everyone all this time.