Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One problem with that would be who would buy it / could it generate sufficient sales? Marvel had The Marvels Project, but I don't think that was as successful as Marvel expected. And Marvel wouldn't even finish publishing All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes, first cutting back how many issues it would run and then just cancelling it outright before they finished publishing issues they had previously solicited.
    You mean they won't invest all that time and effort just for me?

I read as much of All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes as Marvel put on line. Got to say, I wasn't impressed. Can't decide if "cancellation" is the right word, or if "euthanasia" maybe fits better.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You mean they won't invest all that time and effort just for me?

I read as much of All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes as Marvel put on line. Got to say, I wasn't impressed. Can't decide if "cancellation" is the right word, or if "euthanasia" maybe fits better.
    No, CANCELLATION is the word.

SOME OF US want to know how this story ended, and Marvel HAD solicited some of the issues that never were published.

They could have at least offered those issues on-line / in a collected version for people who didn't want to be left hanging, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

The meanies!!!

Boisterously Confused

SOME OF US want to know how this story ended, and Marvel HAD solicited some of the issues that never were published.

They could have at least offered those issues on-line / in a collected version for people who didn't want to be left hanging, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

The meanies!!!
    I was curious to know the ending myself. Still didn't mean it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was curious to know the ending myself. Still didn't mean it was good.
    I would rather have paid good money for it than a lot of the other dreck published by Marvel and DC at the time!

The meanies!!!
    The art was probably never finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The art was probably never finished.
    There was reported to be completed art (at least for the pencils; don't know about inking and coloring) for issues #6 and #7, as well as cover art for those issues.

From an older thread:
    The cover art for what would have been issues #6 and #7:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10...ts-unfinished/
    And from that Bleeding Cool article, . . .
    The eight issues were fully written by Jenkins and issues 6, 7 and some of 8 had all been pencilled by Giandomenico as well.

Has anybody seen an illustration of the "Frank Robbins Hidden Gem Variant Cover" for issue #1 yet?

(Considering that Previewsworld has "Final Orders Due: Dec 17, 2018" for this, that's only two weeks away from now!)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Has anybody seen an illustration of the "Frank Robbins Hidden Gem Variant Cover" for issue #1 yet?

(Considering that Previewsworld has "Final Orders Due: Dec 17, 2018" for this, that's only two weeks away from now!)
    I also haven't seen the Skottie Young variant for Invaders. Has anyone seen that one?

Wow. I didn't realize it was so close! That's great!

I haven't seen it, but if I were to guess, from the other Hidden Gem variants, it will probably be a recolored version of this one.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-03-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize it was so close! That's great!
    Don't forget, while it's "Final Orders Due: Dec 17, 2018", the first issue itself isn't due to hit the shelves until January 16, 2019.

With this new Invaders title coming out I am remaindered of a question I have had about the first New Invaders revival back in the early 2000's. The prologue for it was in Avengers #83 and #84 I have always wondered about the artwork for the Thin Man. If you are not certain what I mean then if you look at the drawing of the Thin Man in those issues he is basically a statue talking. It is like the artist drew him standing and the copy and pasted it on every panel he appears in. In the New Invaders series he is moving like normal (for a comic book). So I was wondering if anyone knew why he was drawn like that in the 2 issues of the Avengers.

Zdarsky will be writing 3 of my favorite characters come 2019. So excited.

As a Namor fan, I'm beyond thrilled at what Zdarsky's saying in the interview. I am so tired of some writers, and some fans, treating Namor as a villain.

Besides that, I'm very curious how Zdarsky explores the friendship between this band of brothers. Also, glad to see that the Torch is indeed Jim Hammond, and not Johnny Storm. Nothing against Johnny -- but he just doesn't have the experiences and ties Hammond does to this group of characters.

Also, Butch Guice's art looks fabulous for the WWII flashbacks. I can't wait for this book!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Don't forget, while it's "Final Orders Due: Dec 17, 2018", the first issue itself isn't due to hit the shelves until January 16, 2019.
    I placed my order with the LCBS back in October, when the news came out of NYCC.

From the sound of things, if the Chipster plays his cards right, he could have the best Invaders book ever with his name on it.