Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Laughing for 10 characters!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I don't know what happened, other than word of mouth for this EXCELLENT book, but the sales for Invaders #3 did the impossible, IMO.

Invaders #3 sold at least 1/3 more than it's #2 issue! It's only 3000 issues less than their #1!! That's unheard of.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

#49 Invaders 03.....33,465

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-03.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't know what happened, other than word of mouth for this EXCELLENT book, but the sales for Invaders #3 did the impossible, IMO.

Invaders #3 sold at least 1/3 more than it's #2 issue! It's only 3000 issues less than their #1!! That's unheard of.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

#49 Invaders 03.....33,465

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-03.html
    Its probably the Winter Soldier that everybody recognizes from the MCU in the cover. I wonder how well will #4 do, that Butch Guice cover and artwork were something special.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 04-29-2019 at 12:01 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Most likely people are picking up Chip's other work due to his Spider-Man mini and Daredevil.
    "Cable was right!"

Sadly, the reported miracle about sales number appears to be more scam than holy.

I'd forgotten that Marvel overshipped Invaders #3 by 50% and then counted all those free issues as 'ordered' issues.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...vel-overships/

As close as I can figure, the actual number of issues ordered is something like 22,422. So, while Invaders does buck the downward trend of issues over time, it does it in much less spectacular fashion. Still great news for the book, and hopefully the free issues will help pick up some new readers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Its probably the Winter Soldier that everybody recognizes from the MCU in the cover. I wonder how well will #4 do, that Butch Guice cover and artwork were something special.
    See my above post.
    I'll have to check the numbers on Winter Soldier's recently finished mini-series. I'm not sure if that would have made much difference. But since this issue did NOT lose any, but gained, I'm hopeful that next issue will hold steady. A book over 20k, even in the old days was a solid, if not stellar seller. I would think it would keep it safe from cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most likely people are picking up Chip's other work due to his Spider-Man mini and Daredevil.
    See my above post.
    I don't know. Could be. I'd also like to think the high quality has something to do with it. But I have thought about picking up DD, and I haven't bought his book in decades. Of course, I do love Chechetto's work also. ;p

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So Invaders has been confirmed by Zdarsky for at least 12 issues, (maybe more if the numbers are good) and Toro will show up in the second arc! I can't wait to see Zdarsky finally having the whole team together and I do hope we get Spitfire and Union Jack in there as well.

Comic Books Chip Zdarsky on Invaders Daredevil Spider-Man Life Stories and more:
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

How close is Namor to going to all out war with the surface world? What's causing it? Why is his eyes black now? Any help is appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    How close is Namor to going to all out war with the surface world? What's causing it? Why is his eyes black now? Any help is appreciated.
    Namor's eyes turn black when he uses his new hydrokinesis powers that he took from hydroman, the reason why all of this is happening now is because his mind is a wreck after Professor Xavier messed around in there, and I likely suspect the trauma of having Atlantis destroyed again and the young Atlantean children dying on the beach in Avengers triggered this whole thing to be brought forth and he is very close to war, however there are some fan theories that suggest the bombs aren't really bombs since Namor wouldn't hurt his friends Steve and the other Invaders. New issue is coming up soon so we should know more then.

Newest Invaders Previews are up! Marvel Preview: Invaders #5

World War Namor!

WORLD WAR NAMOR!

Written by Chip Zdarsky
    Art by Butch Guice, Carlos Magno
    Cover by Butch Guice

Last two preview pages from Invaders:

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor's eyes turn black when he uses his new hydrokinesis powers that he took from hydroman, the reason why all of this is happening now is because his mind is a wreck after Professor Xavier messed around in there, and I likely suspect the trauma of having Atlantis destroyed again and the young Atlantean children dying on the beach in Avengers triggered this whole thing to be brought forth and he is very close to war, however there are some fan theories that suggest the bombs aren't really bombs since Namor wouldn't hurt his friends Steve and the other Invaders. New issue is coming up soon so we should know more then.
    Thank you so much for the information.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Do they turn black just then? I'll have to double check, but I think they are black all the time now. It's kind of hard to tell, sometimes, if they are, are if the artist is just drawing him angry.

What I want to know is why not a single person in story has commented on it. They certainly commented on his new power set.

I still think the Celestials have something to do with his new powers and state of mind -- which, of course, is not what Zdarsky is working on.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Newest Invaders Previews are up! Marvel Preview: Invaders #5

World War Namor!

WORLD WAR NAMOR!

Written by Chip Zdarsky
    Art by Butch Guice, Carlos Magno
    Cover by Butch Guice

Yesssssss! What a great Friday! Thanks for posting those.

First off, glad to see that Bucky has survived and it was indeed a gun with blanks he handed her.

Second, Butch Guice is absolutely amazing! Love those pages! And Zdarsky's dialog between the Invaders is perfect! Bucky poking fun at Namor's tendency to talk in third person. Hilarious! I love those two together. I hope Zdarsky does more with them together. Even though I don't care for his modern Namor costume, he certainly can still capture the emotions and expressions. Great stuff!

Third, when did Namor become aware of what was going on with Machan and that he's Tommy???

Fourth... Oh Cap. You know that's just not going to end well. Jim needs to get over there fast! He's got pull a Randall and get between his fellow Invaders.

Yesssssss! What a great Friday! Thanks for posting those.

First off, glad to see that Bucky has survived and it was indeed a gun with blanks he handed her.

Second, Butch Guice is absolutely amazing! Love those pages! And Zdarsky's dialog between the Invaders is perfect! Bucky poking fun at Namor's tendency to talk in third person. Hilarious! I love those two together. I hope Zdarsky does more with them together. Even though I don't care for his modern Namor costume, he certainly can still capture the emotions and expressions. Great stuff!

Third, when did Namor become aware of what was going on with Machan and that he's Tommy???

Fourth... Oh Cap. You know that's just not going to end well. Jim needs to get over there fast! He's got pull a Randall and get between his fellow Invaders.
    You're welcome! I love Butch's work so much too. I think after the last issue Namor's defenses of keeping his mind sane are falling apart, he isn't separating tommy from the past anymore maybe? or maybe we will find out more in the book. And I agree Jim needs to slap some sense into Namor, lol.

Do they turn black just then? I'll have to double check, but I think they are black all the time now. It's kind of hard to tell, sometimes, if they are, are if the artist is just drawing him angry.

What I want to know is why not a single person in story has commented on it. They certainly commented on his new power set.

I still think the Celestials have something to do with his new powers and state of mind -- which, of course, is not what Zdarsky is working on.
    I double checked and yes, they are black but only the slcera of the eyes are always black, the iris of his eyes stay blue until he is angered or about to unleash his power, at least that is how Mango has done it, I think in Avengers they were just all black. these are from issues #1 - 2 of invaders and notice how when he wakes, its blue, then he uses his power its black, then in issue 2 when he is angered by steve its black, then when steve calls him a friend its blue.

namor black eyes.jpg
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 05-03-2019 at 10:39 AM.