Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Namor has always straddled the line of hero/villain/anti-hero. It's kind of tough to get a read on him because he shifts based on who is writing him. And to be honest, he's really done some things that you can't really come back from - like Dr Doom level. Under the Phoenix Force he flooded Wakanda, not to mention Atlantis Attacks and such. I do like him as a character but it's hard to see what they are doing with him and what his purpose is.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    this is a really great book its shame its canceled after either the july or august issue. Invaders has always been a tough sell for whaterver reason as much i enjoy the book our store barely sold 5 copies of the past issue. I mentioned to this breevort with all the massive delays on the main cap book wouldnt it have made sense to run this story as an arc in the main cap book so caotes could catch up
    Where did you see it's been canceled? Zdarsky said they have another 6 issues on that podcast. And it's outselling a lot of other books.

Don't know what the deal is with your store, but both of my LCBS have sold out of Invaders. Almost everything is a "tough sell" these days. We rarely see books last more than 2 arcs.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm in bit of disbelief right now over this issue.

Part me is thinking that this was deliberate move to state all out "There is no coming back for Namor. He is now and forever will be a Villain".

Then the other part of me is questioning if the Marvels current team is even aware of how big this move is in terms of Namor or Jim is as a character.

The writing in this title has been very good...but I have doubts. Not sure what to think....outside of hopefully this ends with Namor getting some form of redemption. (Not that he needs it because he is acting in terms of what he believe is best for his people. It would just be nice to see him present in a light that is without question of being on the side of good.)
    My biggest concern is that this is another phoenix namor situation where it won't matter if he was mind controlled/under another's influence bc he will and has always been blamed for everything, seriously there are times I feel Namor is Marvel's scapegoat. I keep telling myself to have faith in the writer, bc Chip pursued a Namor solo but didn't get it, I would hardly think someone wanting to write a solo that could last for a while would turn the main character into a villain the whole time, also he says Namor and Cap are his favorites and he didn't want to do another "Namor is a villain" story. I know things look bad now, and this is a huge thing, but I gotta hope there is a way to come back from this and leave Namor standing on better ground. Also I feel the interaction between Jim and Namor has pushed their friendship on a new path, I hope Jim is put back together, and now Namor and the Invaders will have to repair what broken ties they have. But Jim and Namor have always been close and this really is a betrayal, my thoughts as to why Tommy was targeting Jim or having Namor avoid him, cause they haven't even talked alone in the present, is that Tommy knew Jim would be the one who could possibly stop Namor or make him see sense. Maybe I'm reading too much into everything but I sincerely hope Zdarsky won't disappoint.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Namor has always straddled the line of hero/villain/anti-hero. It's kind of tough to get a read on him because he shifts based on who is writing him. And to be honest, he's really done some things that you can't really come back from - like Dr Doom level. Under the Phoenix Force he flooded Wakanda, not to mention Atlantis Attacks and such. I do like him as a character but it's hard to see what they are doing with him and what his purpose is.
    I think everyone possessed by the Phoenix got a pass there. As for Atlantis Attacks, I'm not sure why you were blaming HIM. He wasn't responsible at all for it, in fact he was the first guy taken out so that it could happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    this is a really great book its shame its canceled after either the july or august issue. Invaders has always been a tough sell for whaterver reason as much i enjoy the book our store barely sold 5 copies of the past issue. I mentioned to this breevort with all the massive delays on the main cap book wouldnt it have made sense to run this story as an arc in the main cap book so caotes could catch up
    That's weird, my LCS always sells out and sales have been strong. You must be getting fake news.

April sales figures are out. Not the best news, but Invaders is still doing better than several other Marvel titles. It doesn't appear to be leveling out in the 20K as I hoped, but I think it is leveling off.

# 48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

# 86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

# 49 Invaders 03.....33,465 (22,422 calculated actual ordered / #117 dollar ranking)

#114 Invaders 04.....16,460
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think we might see a boost with issue #5, it was a big one and I have seen people tweeting about it more than #4. I hope there is a boost cause I really want a long Invaders run.

I think they should have either delayed this series or War of the Realms, and had this book launch as a crossover with Avengers.

They could have gotten a lot of mileage out of an Invaders/Avengers World War Namor event.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I think everyone possessed by the Phoenix got a pass there. As for Atlantis Attacks, I'm not sure why you were blaming HIM. He wasn't responsible at all for it, in fact he was the first guy taken out so that it could happen.
    Not worth explaining. People who say those thing about Namor pretty much have not read much about him and barely understand him as a character. But they will fight you on until their blue in the face.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think they should have either delayed this series or War of the Realms, and had this book launch as a crossover with Avengers.

They could have gotten a lot of mileage out of an Invaders/Avengers World War Namor event.
    You're right. I agree with you. With what they are doing in Invaders and Aaron in Avengers with Namor. It would have been a cool crossover/event.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You're right. I agree with you. With what they are doing in Invaders and Aaron in Avengers with Namor. It would have been a cool crossover/event.
    In fact, thinking about it even more:

I'd have made Best Defense a soft lead in to Aarons Avengers and Avengers: No Road Home

Then kicked off Avengers and launched Invaders as a crossover.

Continued on with Invaders and Avengers as is following that,

Then have War of the Realms be billed as a Thor/Defenders/Avengers/Invaders book.

You wouldn't even need to change the stories, just marketed them slightly differently and changed the launch windows.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-14-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

There certainly are some things that started in Jason Aaron's book, that are in Zdarsky's book, that haven't been answered at all -- by either writer.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The cover is even worse, I'm not sure who the artist is trying to draw, but it's not Namor.

Ah well, at least it's a good book.
    He looks like Graviton.

But this issue was really good. I think the goal is for an American/Atlantis War, although I'm not sure the timing will be right. But, either way, this has been a great story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Just finished today's issue, and was surprised to see my guess was correct. Still not entirely sure that fits with Namor, given the Dr. Hydro arc and what happened to Betty Dean, but we'll see where it goes.

Art was gorgeous, as usual. Carlos went to town on those pages.

I was also surprised to see how limited this attack was, but that explains why other books aren't dealing with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just finished today's issue, and was surprised to see my guess was correct. Still not entirely sure that fits with Namor, given the Dr. Hydro arc and what happened to Betty Dean, but we'll see where it goes.

Art was gorgeous, as usual. Carlos went to town on those pages.

I was also surprised to see how limited this attack was, but that explains why other books aren't dealing with it all.
    I was also totally thinking about the Dr Hydro arc too! I really don't think this is something Namor would have done in his right mind but he is being influenced by Machan/Tommy so I have to consider that.