Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    You're definitely right there. Based on Mephisto's chess board in Avengers #21, whatever his plans are extends beyond Avengers/Atlantis/god raising/Champions and goes all the way to Starbrand.

(Any guess on the giant head? Looks like the Kree Supreme Intelligence to me).

Attachment 84755

T'Challa represents the Avengers. Hyperion, the Squadron Supreme. Ursa Major, the Winter Guard. The rest: Namor, Odin, Starbrand, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Malekith and we'll just say Giant Head™, what do these things have in common? The only thing I can figure is that most of these characters have access to gods and/or unlimited power.
    Interesting theory and definitely on point. Though, I think Perun would have better than Ursa Major ... though most of us wouldn't have recognized Perun, probably.

Is that Malekith or Dracula?

Yes, I agree, it looks like the Supreme Intelligence.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

If you were waiting on the trades, I believe the first trade of this series came out last week. Get it now!

Also, here's the preview for tomorrow's Invaders 8!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...ers-8-preview/

With Roxxon still here, I'm guessing this takes place BEFORE War of Realms?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, I'm behind. Seems something happened to Jim.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, I'm behind. Seems something happened to Jim.
    O_O

Yes. Something bad happened to him. It was horrible! I was NOT happy with Namor, or more precisely, Zdarsky making Namor do it. Only goes to show how much this is NOT how Namor behaves.

And then there's the Roxxon connection! OMG. That reveal from last issue. I can't believe this book isn't getting more buzz. Some amazing world shaking stuff going on here.

Awesome issue of Invaders today. Some great stuff (Yes! Bucky!). And some stuff I'd have rather have NOT seen yet again (Sue??? Again?), but at least Zdarsky didn't make it too painful. We are getting some definitive answers.

Sadly, not anything more on Torch and Toro, or Roxxon, but what we saw in the preview.

I do love Bucky and Namor together.

Why must the Xavier ruin everything he touches?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Why must the Xavier ruin everything he touches?
    That does seem to be a trend in the last decade or so. Makes me even more worried over whatever the heck is going on in Hickmans book.

Would be nice if a telepath showed up to help here though. Namor obviously is messed up at the moment.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That does seem to be a trend in the last decade or so. Makes me even more worried over whatever the heck is going on in Hickmans book.

Would be nice if a telepath showed up to help here though. Namor obviously is messed up at the moment.
    I really wanted an Emma and Namor reunion tbh. They have history, she currently isn't with anyone at the moment and neither is he, i would love someone to revisit the dynamic between them, also she is a powerful telepath who could have helped.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It's too bad Zdarsky wasn't around to write AVX. He does a much better job showing someone being mentally influenced by an outside force than any of the AVX writers did.

I can believe THIS version of Namor could create havoc, but be too proud personally to admit he wasn't fully in control.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-15-2019 at 04:28 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's too bad Zdarsky wasn't around to write AVX. He does a much better job showing someone being mentally influenced by an outside force than any of the AVX writers did.

I can believe THIS version of Namor could create havoc, but be too proud personally to admit he wasn't fully in control.
    I thought the scene in Consequences with Hope and Namor did as good a job showing that Namor was too proud to admit he was fully in control. He'll only open up to certain people. For everyone else, he'll sooner have people think he's a mass murderer than under someone else's influence.

But certainly this book does a pretty good job showing that Namor is obviously conflicted and not in his right mind.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I saw in the "Doc Justice/J-Team" thread someone is stating Invaders is cancelled.
    To which he had no links but what is the sales like? Upward trend? Another said sales went up for #7 a one off, too early to say trending up?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I saw in the "Doc Justice/J-Team" thread someone is stating Invaders is cancelled.
    To which he had no links but what is the sales like? Upward trend? Another said sales went up for #7 a one off, too early to say trending up?
    Yes, that gave me a heart attack also -- but it is pure speculation. AFAIK, there's been no announcement.

#7 is showing an increase in sales because Marvel overshipped for free by 50%. I think the book is leveling out around 14,000 - 15,000. That's not great, but there are several other books with lower numbers that haven't been cancelled, so I'm feeling pretty good about the book. We'll at least get through this arc, so through 12, I'm guessing. I'm really hoping we get more than that, though.

Carlos Magno posted an inking Namor video.

https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312/...24272467836930

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Carlos Magno posted an inking Namor video.

https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312/...24272467836930
    This is awesome.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

INVADERS #9 PREVIEW!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis