Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Was it actually an ongoing though ?
    It's hard to say, because SOMETIMES I think these ongoing are actually stealth mini's. And the nature of the story IMO is one isn't sustainable. Though I'm sure if it sold better, they'd keep it around.

All-New Member

Default Put Zdarsky on Captain America!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Forgot to post it here but it is confirmed that Invader 12 is the last issue. It was an ongoing but marvel canceled it. They had said nothing about this being a limited series.
    Attachment 87324
    Let's just hope that Chip Zdarsky is moved onto Captain America in 2020 so Marvel can ditch the political hack currently writing that book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev72 View Post
    Let's just hope that Chip Zdarsky is moved onto Captain America in 2020 so Marvel can ditch the political hack currently writing that book.
    Just my opinion... but I think Coates Cap book is pretty solid so far.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just my opinion... but I think Coates Cap book is pretty solid so far.
    I've found it be pretty boring, unfortunately. I've much preferred Chip Zdarsky's take on Cap in Invaders and hope he can move on to the main book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's hard to say, because SOMETIMES I think these ongoing are actually stealth mini's. And the nature of the story IMO is one isn't sustainable. Though I'm sure if it sold better, they'd keep it around.
    It was an ongoing and it got cancelled. It's pretty easy to tell from the solicits what's an ongoing and what's a limited run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev72 View Post
    I've found it be pretty boring, unfortunately. I've much preferred Chip Zdarsky's take on Cap in Invaders and hope he can move on to the main book.
    Coates has good moments but most of the time you're waiting 4+ weeks for a 5/10 book. Aaron's Avengers is how I've been getting my Cap, BP and Carol fix these days.
    "Cable was right!"

It's a shame it's ending.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It sold better than some other books, that started at the same time, that are getting to limp along below 10,000. We'd probably get another year until Invaders hit those lows. Plus, I'd be willing to bet those other books will get relaunched next year. Meanwhile, we'll probably have to wait for another anniversary celebration to get another Invaders book, if then.

And yes, I think Zdarsky will have finished this arc by 12. And, unlike Robinson, he hasn't seeded any other plots. But I'd love to see what else he could come up with. There are other Invaders and interactions I'd love to see. I'd pay good money for a Bucky and Namor book, and I'd really like to see more of Union Jack and Spitfire.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It sold better than some other books, that started at the same time, that are getting to limp along below 10,000. We'd probably get another year until Invaders hit those lows. Plus, I'd be willing to bet those other books will get relaunched next year. Meanwhile, we'll probably have to wait for another anniversary celebration to get another Invaders book, if then.

And yes, I think Zdarsky will have finished this arc by 12. And, unlike Robinson, he hasn't seeded any other plots. But I'd love to see what else he could come up with. There are other Invaders and interactions I'd love to see. I'd pay good money for a Bucky and Namor book, and I'd really like to see more of Union Jack and Spitfire.
    I almost feel bad for Robinson. He keeps seeding stuff he never seems capable of finishing, even when he tries finishing it in other books. I think he needs to think more short term.

I think the issue frankly is this book essentially consisted of lots of characters running back and forth the same hallways and Cap repeatedly being told "Namors going to go ape, dont trust him" only for Namor to INDEED go ape and Cap to look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I think the issue frankly is this book essentially consisted of lots of characters running back and forth the same hallways and Cap repeatedly being told "Namors going to go ape, dont trust him" only for Namor to INDEED go ape and Cap to look like an idiot.
    Given there was mind manipulation going on, I don't think Cap looked too bad here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is a shame that Marvel can't find a creative hook to keep an Invaders book going.
    There are plenty of characters to fill a roster out that should be intriguing to writers and readers.
    I'm baffled why a take on this team hasn't done better.
    The Robinson All New Invaders went 15 and I thought title was just hitting a new level coming off the Deathlok story.

I hope Marvel collects this in one large TPB like they did with the more recent-ish Iron Fist series from a few years back. All in one place is very appealing to me. Heck one nice OHC is preferred if Collections Dept is reading.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Invaders #10 preview. You know, I'm not much for the whole shipping thing (because that way mostly leads to madness) but I'm suddenly finding myself shipping Steve/Namor.

Namor, who distrusts humans on a good day (not saying I blame him exactly given the rate coral reefs are dying), hates them on a bad one, offers to bring Steve home because he doesn't want him to be alone *heart eyes*.

"Sadly, Atlantis is more used to military strikes than espionage attempts." That's HEARTBREAKING.

"A man has been tortured here. Held captive." Betcha he's talking about Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Namor, who distrusts humans on a good day (not saying I blame him exactly given the rate coral reefs are dying), hates them on a bad one, offers to bring Steve home because he doesn't want him to be alone *heart eyes*.

"Sadly, Atlantis is more used to military strikes than espionage attempts." That's HEARTBREAKING.

"A man has been tortured here. Held captive." Betcha he's talking about Namor.
    I CAN'T WAIT! this issue needs to come out now! Oh man i am bummed about Invaders ending but also there is still a few issues left!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis