Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 731

Thread: Invaders (2019)

  1. #76
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Bleeding Cool has new images and SPOILERS up. Looks like a bit of a rewrite in Namor's past.


    SPOILERS BE HERE!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  2. #77
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Looks great! I wasn't sure I'd be picking this up, but the art sold it. That and the fact that I was a big fan of the original series.
    The art is really strong in this book. I wasn't keen on the idea of two artists, but it may work out well here. Carlo Magno is doing the present scenes. He did the Defenders Best Defense: Namor book.

    Which makes me wonder ... could we get this book every two weeks???
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  3. #78
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Bleeding Cool has new images and SPOILERS up. Looks like a bit of a rewrite in Namor's past.

    SPOILERS BE HERE!
    I know Namor's history has been rather . . . fluid . . . in the past, but between this and that story about Marvel Comics Presents #1, I'm getting a bit worried that they're really overdoing it (especially if a new writer in the not-too-distant future gets to make more revisions / undoes some of the ones already committed to).

  4. #79
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know Namor's history has been rather . . . fluid . . . in the past, but between this and that story about Marvel Comics Presents #1, I'm getting a bit worried that they're really overdoing it (especially if a new writer in the not-too-distant future gets to make more revisions / undoes some of the ones already committed to).
    I'd have to go back and look at Saga of Sub-Mariner and see if it states Namor was doing anything around the time period of the MCP #1. But, this story seems a natural progression from Robinson's story about the A-bomb tests.

    As I said elsewhere, I think this may redress / address the ridiculous idea that Namor had amnesia and was a hobo from 1959 to 13 years ago -- because of the sliding timescale.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  5. #80
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Newsarama advance review of Invaders #1. They give it an 8!

    There's a few more tidbits about it, but not really spoilery, if you've reading the previous images. There aren't any new images.


    https://www.newsarama.com/43487-best...nvaders-1.html
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #81
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Zdarsky posted the Winter Soldier promo poster he made on his twitter.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw_UgqtX4AEjWVZ.jpg
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #82
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    I LOVED this first issue of Invaders. Yes, it is Namor centric, but there's some good scenes with Cap, and Jim Hammond again proves he is the most human of them all. Bucky fans, will have to wait, though he does appear. The WWII appearance suggests something, which I've sort of expected anyway.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I LOVED this first issue of Invaders. Yes, it is Namor centric, but there's some good scenes with Cap, and Jim Hammond again proves he is the most human of them all. Bucky fans, will have to wait, though he does appear. The WWII appearance suggests something, which I've sort of expected anyway.
    What do you expect to happen because of the WW2 scenes?

  9. #84
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I LOVED this first issue of Invaders. Yes, it is Namor centric, but there's some good scenes with Cap, and Jim Hammond again proves he is the most human of them all. Bucky fans, will have to wait, though he does appear. The WWII appearance suggests something, which I've sort of expected anyway.
    It was Namor centric but I have no issues with that, I am sure that Zdarsky will be giving more time to the others in later comics but as an establishing opening I couldn't have asked for anything better!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  10. #85
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What do you expect to happen because of the WW2 scenes?
    If you go back and look at the interactions between Namor and Bucky, since Brubaker, they actually have a relationship, and one that is different than Bucky's with Steve. It's almost like, Steve is the beloved father he can never be as good as. Namor is the older, cooler brother, who isn't looking for a sidekick or to be a role model -- who is a "bad" influence in Steve's mind, I'm sure. Yet, both Namor and Bucky share the same job and some of the same darkness. They do all the crappy ugly things that Steve can't deal with.

    Which is one reason why I don't care for Holier Than Thou Steve. He's only allowed to take the high road, because of men like Namor and Bucky.

    I could be wrong, but it looked like Zdarsky was acknowledging the relationship between Bucky and Namor in one scene, without even having them interact. I hope it gets explored more.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  11. #86
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It was Namor centric but I have no issues with that, I am sure that Zdarsky will be giving more time to the others in later comics but as an establishing opening I couldn't have asked for anything better!

    Well, of course WE don't mind. ;p Though, I think it is only fair, after Robinson's run -- he shortchanged us on the Namor stuff.

    But I thought the Cap and Hammond interaction was great. And the Cap and Namor interaction in WWII was revealing. Though, it wasn't clear who Namor was embracing in the end. I was thinking it was Randall, not Cap. What did you think?

    I also thought the preview pages were really well done, a very gripping and emotional portral of the war.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #87
    Incredible Member capandkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Which is one reason why I don't care for Holier Than Thou Steve.
    I really need to stop coming to boards like this. I get excited enough about a comic enough to want to discuss it with like-minded individuals only to come here and see my favorite character dissed.

    Excitement over this run now effectively quelled.

    There is nothing wrong with having morals. There is nothing wrong with having a hard time stomaching murder, even in war. There is nothing wrong with having boundaries of what you will or will not do. Part of 'acceptance' is accepting not just the darker shades of people, but the lighter shades as well. One or the other are not mutually exclusive. And each person needs to decide for themselves what their limits are. Having different limits does not a bad character make. It makes things interesting. Namor and Steve are supposed to contrast each other, because at the end of the day, when this run wraps up, the moral of the story will be that they love each other despite their differences, that they accept each other for what they are.

    Logos. Pathos. Ethos. That are what Jim, Namor and Steve are meant to symbolize. Steve is ethos. Namor pathos. Jim logos. They work BECAUSE each represents a different morality, a different perspective, and together they make a whole.

    But whatever. I'm out. That'll teach me for wanting to share my joy with other Invaders fans. Guess Steve fans aren't welcome to the party.

  13. #88
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I really need to stop coming to boards like this. I get excited enough about a comic enough to want to discuss it with like-minded individuals only to come here and see my favorite character dissed.

    Excitement over this run now effectively quelled.

    There is nothing wrong with having morals. There is nothing wrong with having a hard time stomaching murder, even in war. There is nothing wrong with having boundaries of what you will or will not do. Part of 'acceptance' is accepting not just the darker shades of people, but the lighter shades as well. One or the other are not mutually exclusive. And each person needs to decide for themselves what their limits are. Having different limits does not a bad character make. It makes things interesting. Namor and Steve are supposed to contrast each other, because at the end of the day, when this run wraps up, the moral of the story will be that they love each other despite their differences, that they accept each other for what they are.

    Logos. Pathos. Ethos. That are what Jim, Namor and Steve are meant to symbolize. Steve is ethos. Namor pathos. Jim logos. They work BECAUSE each represents a different morality, a different perspective, and together they make a whole.

    But whatever. I'm out. That'll teach me for wanting to share my joy with other Invaders fans. Guess Steve fans aren't welcome to the party.
    I'm sorry what I said made you feel unwelcome, that was not the intent at all. And of course, Steve fans are welcome.

    Aack. More later, but please, don't let my posts effect your enthusiasm.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    I guess my thing about Steve and the others is, well, Steve was allowed to move on. In fact, he was almost forced to move on. Plus I'm not sure it's that Steve really just has the moral high ground so much as it is he's got a healthier mental and emotional state to begin with.

    Namor was always unstable and Bucky was horrifically tortured and hurt for years. He's only recently really been able to heal.

  15. #90
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I really need to stop coming to boards like this. I get excited enough about a comic enough to want to discuss it with like-minded individuals only to come here and see my favorite character dissed.

    Excitement over this run now effectively quelled.

    There is nothing wrong with having morals. There is nothing wrong with having a hard time stomaching murder, even in war. There is nothing wrong with having boundaries of what you will or will not do. Part of 'acceptance' is accepting not just the darker shades of people, but the lighter shades as well. One or the other are not mutually exclusive. And each person needs to decide for themselves what their limits are. Having different limits does not a bad character make. It makes things interesting. Namor and Steve are supposed to contrast each other, because at the end of the day, when this run wraps up, the moral of the story will be that they love each other despite their differences, that they accept each other for what they are.

    Logos. Pathos. Ethos. That are what Jim, Namor and Steve are meant to symbolize. Steve is ethos. Namor pathos. Jim logos. They work BECAUSE each represents a different morality, a different perspective, and together they make a whole.

    But whatever. I'm out. That'll teach me for wanting to share my joy with other Invaders fans. Guess Steve fans aren't welcome to the party.
    We really do love Steve but tbh I do see there are two kinds of Steve writers, the ones who KNOW the character and the ones who think they know Captain America. Cap wears a mask just like Namor and Jim, they each show something to other people that is different from the honest friendship they have with each other. Lately writers seem to always make Steve 'holier than thou' because they think Steve is all lectures and doing things right and good. They don't show much much struggle Steve has to stay on the right path, he is cut from a different cloth as Namor and he has a very different set of morals yet today we see Steve, one who knows the price people pay and who pays that price himself. I am truly sorry if you feel this way but I would rather have a Steve than a Captain America who like in the Avengers was all 'you are wrong wrong wrong' . Invaders Steve is a full rich character, he sees his friend is hurting and rather than let him go on the self destructive behavior he smacks him back into place. He does it because he cares. Just seeing the difference in the writing is so refreshing and I miss this Steve a lot. He, Jim, and Namor are really my top characters and Invaders is my favorite team. I do hope you will come back if you choose to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, of course WE don't mind. ;p Though, I think it is only fair, after Robinson's run -- he shortchanged us on the Namor stuff.

    But I thought the Cap and Hammond interaction was great. And the Cap and Namor interaction in WWII was revealing. Though, it wasn't clear who Namor was embracing in the end. I was thinking it was Randall, not Cap. What did you think?

    I also thought the preview pages were really well done, a very gripping and emotional portral of the war.
    It seemed clear it was Cap for sure because of the blond hair the suit was the same and he stands next to Steve at the funeral, I don't think Namor is good with softer emotions like hugging between him and someone who might have just been a medic/almost stranger since they wouldn't really be close friends. I think Steve and Namor's relationship is going to be one of the main focuses this time around but I do want to see Steve and Jim too. I want to see everyone!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •