Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default January Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/42355-marv...citations.html

Love the highly detailed solicit for the Uncanny annual: “CYCLOPS!”
    Man without Fear is basically the Daredevil equivelant of Logan Legacy
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Both the She-Hulk and Iron Man Masterworks for me. Nice to have something to look forward to from Marvel though I'll wait on a sale when they drop to around $5 each.

EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    THE CALL OF THE MULTIVERSE!
    It’s the Exiles’ final showdown against those bug-eyed creeps the Watchers! But they’ve underestimated their foe — and the mistake may prove deadly. In a whirl of mishaps and might-have-beens, the champion Blink must keep her wits and rescue her lost companions. What lies ahead for Blink and her team of Multiversal misfits?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Has Marvel ever heard that too much choice can be a bad thing? It feels like they are doing a hundred new things in January. It is too much.

Also, Nate Grey on that Age of X-Man Alpha #1 cover looks like Chris Hemsworth.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

I look at the January Solicitations and weep... for my bank account. So much good stuff, I don't even know where to start.

Another Captain Marvel relaunch??? How many does she have in the last 5-10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Another Captain Marvel relaunch??? How many does she have in the last 5-10 years?
    They're going to keep trying until she takes. So expect another relaunch every year because she just isn't happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    It’s the Exiles’ final showdown against those bug-eyed creeps the Watchers! But they’ve underestimated their foe — and the mistake may prove deadly. In a whirl of mishaps and might-have-beens, the champion Blink must keep her wits and rescue her lost companions. What lies ahead for Blink and her team of Multiversal misfits?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    Maybe. I hope not as it's a really good book - although it's one I keep having to fall behind and then catch up on as it's a tight squeeze for my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Has Marvel ever heard that too much choice can be a bad thing? It feels like they are doing a hundred new things in January. It is too much.
    There's a LOT out in January, for sure. I mean, my bank account and my wallet just held hands and jumped off a cliff.

But "too much?" I don't think so just in the sense that people can just pick and choose what appeals to them.

I won't be able to get every single thing that interests me but that's ok - it'll just make me choose what I'm really into.

Of the new series - Invaders, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Conan are must haves. Love that Alex Ross variant on Invaders!

Will definitely try to sample Captain Marvel and Black Widow and hoping to have the room in the budget for the Man Without Fear mini.

Also, happy to see Weapon H is still kicking. Really dig that book and hope it can stick around as long as possible.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-16-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Thoughts:

- I feel like Aaron on Conan will probably prove to be a better fit then some of his Superhero work.

- "The next 50 years of Captain Marvel starts here!" So another 50 years of relaunches? Although in all seriousness, it's good to have Carol back in an Earth-focused book.

- "By one of the few true friends she allowed herself to have." So does that mean Natasha still equates HydraCap with the real Steve? I guess she did miss the big "return" moment.

- An Invaders book about the original team trying to stop a newly-villainous Namor feels kind of full-circle in some ways.

- "But something sinister lurks beneath the surface of their expanded mission. It’s a dark secret that could destroy the team and everything they stand for!" The Champions have only been around for a few years and there's already a dark secret threatening to tear them apart.

- "Victorius?" Is that going to end up being Victor Mancha? Be an interesting Runaways tie-in.

- Looks like we're getting the typical "multiple issues spotlighting a supporting cast and fellow heroes' reaction to a heroes death" for Daredevil, followed by the inevitable legacy hero who takes up the mantle from the dead hero.

- I don't think Jarvis could clean a whole mountain by himself. But having Odin involved with this new Avengers venture seems like a bad idea.

- Figures Roz Solomon, the ostensible "main love interest," for Thor would get her own spotlight issue (I think she may have gotten one too on the Jane run).

- That's a lot of H-e-double hockey sticks in that Hulk solicit.

- So I guess Tony is going to relive his addiction issues online.

- I can see Hydra trying to create their own Winter Solider, but actually designing it after Bucky as Bucky is a little weird.

- I love how right after Strange apparently gets his full powers back he then fights a villain who can weaken magic powers. It just never stops .

- I wonder how much Sam getting de-powered had to do with leaving Rich as the main human Nova again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how right after Strange apparently gets his full powers back he then fights a villain who can weaken magic powers. It just never stops .
    This would be the villain behind Strange's power loss at the start of this run so they had to deal whoever this is eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post

Also, Nate Grey on that Age of X-Man Alpha #1 cover looks like Chris Hemsworth.
    And yet the solicits are so vague, i can’t tell if i want to pick some of these titles up.
    Last edited by protege; 10-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    That solicitation and cover both scream cancelled, which is sad, but expected with the terrible sales.