Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    On the fence:
    Captain Marvel #1 (It's Kelly Sue and since I'm down to three Marvel books, )this might be worth a shot.
    It's Kelly Thompson, not Kelly Sue DeConnick (though if you like KSD, pick up DC's Aquaman, she's taking over that after the Drowned Earth crossover). KSD wrote the first two Carol Captain Marvel volumes. KT has written Carol before, in A-Force.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Natasha is the clone now. Her original body is dead and buried.
    Ok thanks, I'll skip it then

Getting:

Doctor Strange 10
    Guardians of the Galaxy 1

Maybe:
    Captain Marvel 1

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because she is the only FEMALE getting a constant restart for the most part.
    I feel that's another way of saying she's the only female character who consistently has a book. At least, for a book not marketed to teen or younger. Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and Moon Girl are the only exceptions I can think of.

When you competition not named DC is tossing out stuff-you don't sit by the sidelines and let them get away with it.
    To me, it looks like it makes far more sense to consider that the market likely buys both and to focus on putting out the bulk of the extra releases at times the competition has a bit of a lull rather than to flood the market at the same time. Considering the average reader likely buys both, it just sets up a recipe where everything isn't going to get bought. And Comic Shops will get hurt in the process since they're the ones who have to buy everything - or they don't buy enough of everything and the reader never even has the opportunity to buy it in the first place.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I fail to see how Captain Marvel getting relaunches is viewed as her failing when Marvel does this to darn near every book they have. There have been five Avengers relaunches since 2010. Are the Avengers a failure? This is just how Marvel works now.
    Look at the numbers. That's the difference.

Didn't take Fantastic Four long to become boring

Actually, Doom vs Galactus might be interesting. He may have ditched the Infamous Iron Man identity, but that doesn't mean he'll suddenly be back to being a tyrannical villain. And even if he was, Galactus is a threat that would make any plans of his meaningless anyway, so it needs dealing with.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, Doom vs Galactus might be interesting. He may have ditched the Infamous Iron Man identity, but that doesn't mean he'll suddenly be back to being a tyrannical villain. And even if he was, Galactus is a threat that would make any plans of his meaningless anyway, so it needs dealing with.
    We literally just saw a world where doom became galactus. zzzzz

EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    THE CALL OF THE MULTIVERSE!
    It’s the Exiles’ final showdown against those bug-eyed creeps the Watchers! But they’ve underestimated their foe — and the mistake may prove deadly. In a whirl of mishaps and might-have-beens, the champion Blink must keep her wits and rescue her lost companions. What lies ahead for Blink and her team of Multiversal misfits?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    That solicitation and cover both scream cancelled, which is sad, but expected with the terrible sales.

It's Kelly Thompson, not Kelly Sue DeConnick (though if you like KSD, pick up DC's Aquaman, she's taking over that after the Drowned Earth crossover). KSD wrote the first two Carol Captain Marvel volumes. KT has written Carol before, in A-Force.
    What an incredible faux pas on my part. But despite the name mistake, I maintain the assessment based on Hawkeye.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    So?

Doesn't mean there can't be more interesting stories involving both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Look at the numbers. That's the difference.
    Except that it's not.

Are the sales numbers great? No. But I've yet to see anything that proves that the constant relaunches are due to sales and not due to Marvel doing this with 90% of their books.

Marvel view the character on the same tier as Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, etc. even if some fans don't agree. Those books get relaunched constantly. So does Captain Marvel. Low sales have nothing to do with it.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Yeah, low sales would mean outright cancellation with no immediate new volume.

Champions is actually getting a relaunch because it's doing WELL. Seems that putting Zub on the book was Alonso's decision (one of his last acts before he left), which is why his run didn't start with a new #1 in Fresh Start (issue 19 was out a month before the first Fresh Start titles). That Northern Lights arc he started with was meant to still be Marvel Legacy branded. Legacy was axed the moment Cebulski took over as EIC. It's selling well enough, so they decided it now will get it's Fresh Start with a new #1, though it'll be dual numbered and thus also keep the old numbering (which would be LGY#28).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

These will be the new comic books i will be getting in single issues:
    CRYPT OF SHADOWS #1
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1,2.
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #1

And Fantastic Four,Immortal Hulk,Doctor Strange to say a few are other comic books i am collecting
    Quite surprised at the amount of comic books i am looking forward from January Solicitations !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    In defense of Dan Slott here, I will say that although the character list is same old, same old, a chance exists that the look and mechanics of the story will be unlike the multiple times we've seen this stuff before. Both Doom and Galactus have been through some heavy duty "should have affected them" events since Secret Wars. If this is reflected and we don't get basically the same stuff Lee and Kirby did, I will be very impressed. But the promo doesn't reflect new.

I think I'll wait until reading this before making judgement. Please don't ban me from da interwebs.