Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default January Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/42355-marv...citations.html

Love the highly detailed solicit for the Uncanny annual: “CYCLOPS!”
    Man without Fear is basically the Daredevil equivelant of Logan Legacy
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Both the She-Hulk and Iron Man Masterworks for me. Nice to have something to look forward to from Marvel though I'll wait on a sale when they drop to around $5 each.

EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    THE CALL OF THE MULTIVERSE!
    It’s the Exiles’ final showdown against those bug-eyed creeps the Watchers! But they’ve underestimated their foe — and the mistake may prove deadly. In a whirl of mishaps and might-have-beens, the champion Blink must keep her wits and rescue her lost companions. What lies ahead for Blink and her team of Multiversal misfits?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Has Marvel ever heard that too much choice can be a bad thing? It feels like they are doing a hundred new things in January. It is too much.

Also, Nate Grey on that Age of X-Man Alpha #1 cover looks like Chris Hemsworth.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

I look at the January Solicitations and weep... for my bank account. So much good stuff, I don't even know where to start.

Another Captain Marvel relaunch??? How many does she have in the last 5-10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Another Captain Marvel relaunch??? How many does she have in the last 5-10 years?
    They're going to keep trying until she takes. So expect another relaunch every year because she just isn't happening.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just give Carol to Ewing and stop this crap.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Anyone didn't found weird that West Coast Avengers became for second time Avengers West Coast like the original volume?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    EXILES #12
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    THE CALL OF THE MULTIVERSE!
    It’s the Exiles’ final showdown against those bug-eyed creeps the Watchers! But they’ve underestimated their foe — and the mistake may prove deadly. In a whirl of mishaps and might-have-beens, the champion Blink must keep her wits and rescue her lost companions. What lies ahead for Blink and her team of Multiversal misfits?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Cancelled?
    Maybe. I hope not as it's a really good book - although it's one I keep having to fall behind and then catch up on as it's a tight squeeze for my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Has Marvel ever heard that too much choice can be a bad thing? It feels like they are doing a hundred new things in January. It is too much.
    There's a LOT out in January, for sure. I mean, my bank account and my wallet just held hands and jumped off a cliff.

But "too much?" I don't think so just in the sense that people can just pick and choose what appeals to them.

I won't be able to get every single thing that interests me but that's ok - it'll just make me choose what I'm really into.

Of the new series - Invaders, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Conan are must haves. Love that Alex Ross variant on Invaders!

Will definitely try to sample Captain Marvel and Black Widow and hoping to have the room in the budget for the Man Without Fear mini.

Also, happy to see Weapon H is still kicking. Really dig that book and hope it can stick around as long as possible.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-16-2018 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Just give Carol to Ewing and stop this crap.
    I love Ewing but giving her to Kelly Thompson is a great move.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    They're going to keep trying until she takes. So expect another relaunch every year because she just isn't happening.
    I think the book's Failure to launch a following might change after her movie comes out.

I'll be getting:
    AVENGERS #12 and #13
    Marvel's Avengers: Untitled Prelude #2
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #8 (Cover has gotten me a little worried about Tony relapsing.)
    The Punisher #6 and #7
    Doctor Strange #10
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

...Just noticed it looks like Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider Man is done, pending a potential relaunch.

That's cool. With ASM and Friendly Neighborhood both double shipping in Jan, that's already a lot of Peter Parkey Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    To be fair, with the movie as a push/entry point, this one might actually take. Often with Carol its how she's written. Even Avengers #9 showed that most instances of her appearing are surmountable as "Carol running her mouth" and "Carol's super powerful". If they put someone great on the title, it might last.