Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thoughts:

- I feel like Aaron on Conan will probably prove to be a better fit then some of his Superhero work.

- "The next 50 years of Captain Marvel starts here!" So another 50 years of relaunches? Although in all seriousness, it's good to have Carol back in an Earth-focused book.

- "By one of the few true friends she allowed herself to have." So does that mean Natasha still equates HydraCap with the real Steve? I guess she did miss the big "return" moment.

- An Invaders book about the original team trying to stop a newly-villainous Namor feels kind of full-circle in some ways.

- "But something sinister lurks beneath the surface of their expanded mission. It’s a dark secret that could destroy the team and everything they stand for!" The Champions have only been around for a few years and there's already a dark secret threatening to tear them apart.

- "Victorius?" Is that going to end up being Victor Mancha? Be an interesting Runaways tie-in.

- Looks like we're getting the typical "multiple issues spotlighting a supporting cast and fellow heroes' reaction to a heroes death" for Daredevil, followed by the inevitable legacy hero who takes up the mantle from the dead hero.

- I don't think Jarvis could clean a whole mountain by himself. But having Odin involved with this new Avengers venture seems like a bad idea.

- Figures Roz Solomon, the ostensible "main love interest," for Thor would get her own spotlight issue (I think she may have gotten one too on the Jane run).

- That's a lot of H-e-double hockey sticks in that Hulk solicit.

- So I guess Tony is going to relive his addiction issues online.

- I can see Hydra trying to create their own Winter Solider, but actually designing it after Bucky as Bucky is a little weird.

- I love how right after Strange apparently gets his full powers back he then fights a villain who can weaken magic powers. It just never stops .

- I wonder how much Sam getting de-powered had to do with leaving Rich as the main human Nova again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how right after Strange apparently gets his full powers back he then fights a villain who can weaken magic powers. It just never stops .
    This would be the villain behind Strange's power loss at the start of this run so they had to deal whoever this is eventually.

Amazing Spider-Man #13 & 14
    Captain America #7
    Invaders #1
    Winter Soldier #2

Will probably pick up the Man without Fear weekly series which will undoubtedly lead up to another Daredevil volume. But still not 100% sure about it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This would be the villain behind Strange's power loss at the start of this run so they had to deal whoever this is eventually.
    Probably. Still kind of an amusing solicit from the angle of Strange's constant de-powerings .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just Fantastic 4 #6

It's a pity Conan by Aaron and Asrar is double shipping because: 1...That means it will have a slew of artists so...2...I won't be buying it. Hopefully, Garney's Conan in February won't be such a let-down.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1
    Uncanny X-Men #8-10
    X-Force #2

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Anyone didn't found weird that West Coast Avengers became for second time Avengers West Coast like the original volume?
    I was wondering if I was missing something or if they did change it.

Definitely:
    Man Without Fear 1-5 - This is the Daredevil for the month, so let's see how it goes. Although it runs into issues with Daredevil's identity being secret. For example, the many loves of Daredevil are essentially none that remember and two that aren't dead (I guess Milla isn't dead either).
    Marvel Knights 5-6 - Finishing this up.
    Black Panther 8 - I'm sad Acuna is gone and the story is a bit slow, but I've been enjoying the story.

Probably:
    Captain Marvel - I'm looking forward to Kelly Thompson's take. I'm also curious to see an Earth-based take since it feels like it's been forever.
    Marvel Comics Presents - Is Ann Nocenti doing the Captain America story? I'm excited for that!
    Avengers 12-13 - It looks like a new arc so I can drop off if the next story isn't great, but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Avengers West Coast 7 - I like Marvel Boy
    Killmonger 3 - Bullseye is an unexpected guest star, but if I've liked the first two parts, I'll give this a chance.

Maybe not:
    Black Widow - I'd love to support the book, but I have quite a few on my plate.

Other thoughts:
    Age of X-Man - The horror. The horror.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    To be fair, with the movie as a push/entry point, this one might actually take. Often with Carol its how she's written. Even Avengers #9 showed that most instances of her appearing are surmountable as "Carol running her mouth" and "Carol's super powerful". If they put someone great on the title, it might last.
    I gather they're banking a lot on the movie boost, but I'm not sure if that will really do much for Carol in the end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just Fantastic 4 #6

It's a pity Conan by Aaron and Asrar is double shipping because: 1...That means it will have a slew of artists so...2...I won't be buying it. Hopefully, Garney's Conan in February won't be such a let-down.
    Aaron and Asrar's Conan won't be double shipping every month so it's plausible to think that Asrar will be the only artist. Or at least, the primary one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Black Panther 8 - I'm sad Acuna is gone and the story is a bit slow, but I've been enjoying the story.
    I'm hoping Acuna is just taking an arc off and will be back. His art is a major part of the appeal of the book for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Black Widow - I'd love to support the book, but I have quite a few on my plate.
    Same. I'd like to believe that I find a way to squeeze it in but we'll see.

Champions
    West Coast Avengers
    Unstoppable Wasp
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
    Captain Marvel
    Black Widow
    Runaways
    X-Force
    Mr. and Mrs. X
    Iceman
    Exiles

Maybe
    Iron Man
    Ironheart
    Fantastic Four
    Uncanny X-men
    Age of X
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Asgardians of the galaxy
    Miles Morales
    Doctor Strange
    X-23

Astonishing Member

Is this the actual natasha or still the clone?

May give miles book a look depending on the art

Still enjoying asgardians of the galaxy

FF sounds cool to see galactus again, hope he doesn't get squashed

Didn't spot marvel 2 in 1?
    Last edited by kilderkin; 10-16-2018 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

Thoughts:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    War of the Worlds. The Death of Thanos. Superheroes from across the cosmos. This GotG relaunch is overdue and I'm really excited for the Donny Cates Fresh Start. Nova + Darkhawk in particular are so damn exciting.

CHAMPIONS #1

I love that they've gone global and I look forward to seeing how Zub approaches the Champions moving forward with this huge cast. Could we see something like Miles Morales, Ms Marvel, Snowguard, Power Man and Pei in K'un-Lun while Viv, Nadia, Ironheart, Brawn, Sun Girl & Moon Girl attend some kind of super-science convention or something.

MAN WITHOUT FEAR #1-5
    I haven't been into DD in the comics for some time now, but I'm kinda hyped for the Defenders (follow up on the Bendis run?) and some of Matt Murdocks love interests (Elektra and Echo I hope)

AVENGERS #12-13
    What a bizarre bunch. I'm honestly pretty lost with where Aaron's taking the Avengers. Kinda bummed by the 'support staff'. Ka-Zar, Wasp and Okoye are great but it's such an eclectic group of characters. Odin is an a#*hole and Gorilla-Man sucks. I would've taken Justice, Silk, Moon Knight or Manifold in their stead. Also kinda wanted to see T'Challa put together his own team of heroes (Storm, Okoye, Shuri, Manifold, Gentle, Trinary).

And I've got no interest in these prehistoric Avengers. It derails the narrative and I thought that plot was over with the Celestials from the first arc. Sigh.

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #8
    So we're revisiting Tony's struggles with addiction? That could get real. I'm loving the run so far and I can't wait to see what comes up in 2019.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #7
    I wonder who the murdered 'familiar face' is.

KILLMONGER #3
    Another sick cover. Killomonger VS Bullseye could have a great action sequence.

DOCTOR STRANGE #10
    A magic draining villain? How many times does Stephen have to lose his magic? Let's move past this already please.

BLACK ORDER #3
    Hell yeah. NOVA!! If he joins the GotG, maybe we'll see them go up against that lineup. They're such great villains.

RUNAWAYS #17
    So we're addressing Alex Wilder. Cool. I hope we're not approaching an end to the run. I don't think the numbers were all that high?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC CHO COVER
    Written by STAN LEE & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR., GIL KANE & ROSS ANDRU with JIM STARLIN & PAUL REINMAN
    Covers by FRANK CHO & JOHN ROMITA SR.
    The adventures of comics’ most put-upon super hero, the Amazing Spider-Man, continue! Brought to you by Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., Gerry Conway, Gil Kane and Ross Andru, the saga ahead will captivate you unlike any Marvel comic has before. The Green Goblin is back! Gwen Stacy is missing! And it all leads to a confrontation atop the George Washington Bridge that will leave Peter Parker forever changed! It’s the story that cemented the Green Goblin as the definition of evil — and lest you think that’s the only milestone in these pages, this Omnibus also features the debut of the Punisher, the wedding of Aunt May and Doc Ock, Harry Osborn’s descent into madness and a new role for Mary Jane Watson! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #105-142, GIANT-SIZE SUPER-HEROES #1 and MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #14.
    976 PGS./Rated T …$25.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91559-9
    Trim size: oversized
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC ROMITA COVER (DM ONLY)
    976 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI & FIONA AVERY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR. & MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    Acclaimed screenwriter J. Michael Straczynski begins a run that established him as one of the all-time Spidey greats — joined by the legendary John Romita Jr.! And they kick things off by introducing an enigmatic stranger with a startling secret about Spider-Man’s origin! Wrestling with his separation from Mary Jane, Peter goes back to his roots with a new job: science teacher at his old school! But how will Aunt May react when she learns Peter is really Spider-Man?! Plus: Spidey battles Doctor Octopus, Morlun, Dormammu and more, and teams up with Doctor Strange, Captain America and...Loki?! And as Spidey copes with the horror of 9/11 and relives his heroic career, shocking sins of the past catch up with the wall-crawler! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #30-58, #500-514 and #509 DIRECTOR’S CUT.
    1120 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00

THOR BY JASON AARON & RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    VOL. 3 HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN, STEVE EPTING, VALERIO SCHITI, WALTER SIMONSON, JAMES HARREN, MAHMUD ASRAR, JEN BARTEL, RAMON PEREZ & MORE
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    ON SALE MAY 2019
    Death comes for the Mighty Thor! But first, she must survive the Asgard/Shi’ar War! Plus, as Malekith’s manipulations threaten all there is, Jane Foster recruits Angela and Sif to her new League of Realms — and leads them on a deadly mission into Dark Elf territory! Then, when the hammer of the Ultimate Thor resurfaces, its new wielder becomes a thundering Thor for dangerous times. But who is this new War Thor? As Malekith’s dark army grows, the Queen of Cinders threatens to engulf the Realms. But worse is still yet to come! When the Mangog returns just as Jane’s cancer takes a turn for the worse, the end approaches. Will the Gates of Valhalla open for Jane? Collecting MIGHTY THOR (2015) #13-23 and #700-706, GENERATIONS: THE UNWORTHY THOR & THE MIGHTY THOR and MIGHTY THOR: AT THE GATES OF VALHALLA.
    528 PGS./Rated T+ …$44.99

I'm actually looking at those later Barry Windsor-Smith Conan True Believer editions. This is the kind of thing that gives me purty books and not a lot of money spent in the back issue bins.