Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Random thoughts:

Man, Clayton Crain's forearms never look right to me. Also, IS Black Widow back from the dead though? The Marvel wiki considers the current Black Widow a different character for some reason... even though Ben Reilly is in the same situation and is considered the OG Ben. Maybe she comes back in Infinity Wars or something, I don't know.

Okay, Tom Taylor's an alright writer, but I'm gonna miss Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man. I know he didn't stay on until the end, but man, that was better than it had any right to be.

Man, I still don;t like Kate's current outfit, but it really doesn't look good when Eduard Petrovich draws it. Just... ew.

As someone who can't really recognise Terrax at a glance and thought he was Regent, I thought he had overgrown X-23 boneclaws for a on that Superior Spider-Man cover for a sec.

I don't get that Black Panther vs. Deadpool cover. Shouldn't it say something like "how do you like me meow?"?

Why... Why a 3D comic?! Ugh.

Sooooo... is Exiles ending? Huh.

Lol, gotta love how they reworked Weapon X into Weapon X-Force... just in time for X-Force to be relaunched and make it kinda redundant.
    Weapon X is cancelled. The last chapter will be out Dec. 12th with chapter 27. And X-Force debuts on the Dec. 26th, exactly 2 weeks after it's over. So it lines up perfectly. it'll be finished up by the time real X-Force starts.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Weapon X is cancelled. The last chapter will be out Dec. 12th with chapter 27. And X-Force debuts on the Dec. 26th, exactly 2 weeks after it's over. So it lines up perfectly. it'll be finished up by the time real X-Force starts.
    I know it's cancelled. My point is they bothered to re-work it into Weapon X-Force at all when that story establishing that team name is all it's gonna get before X-Force starts. That's just bad planning. Then again, I swear, nobody at Marvel gave a crap what Pak was doing on Weapon X (though that's the general feeling I get from the ResurrXion relaunch in general).
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I know it's cancelled. My point is they bothered to re-work it into Weapon X-Force at all when that story establishing that team name is all it's gonna get before X-Force starts. That's just bad planning. Then again, I swear, nobody at Marvel gave a crap what Pak was doing on Weapon X (though that's the general feeling I get from the ResurrXion relaunch in general).
    Honestly, everything seems like this for ResurrXion.

For example why relaunch Astonishing if it's just gonna end soon?

Same for Weapon X. Since it's ending this arc, what was the point of changing the team?

Blue was all over the place too. But Bunn spoke about that. The book was the 05's story from the start, and Bunn had no interest in writing them, especially after his Uncanny run was gutted. But he wrote the book, after asking to keep Magneto, then Extermination came along, which wasn't planned & things got changed around on Bunn again where we got Magneto, Polaris, Jimmy, Daken, and Emma.

So really, seems we're in a state of transition where the ResurrXion books had plans in advance, but got cut off and how we're seeing some rewrites and clean-ups to close all of them out. Example, MONTHS ago, Pak said on twitter that Deathstrike would have a big story in Weapon X 22. We've seen chapter 22, and Deathstrike had no kind of big story. She freed Monet from Mentallo, and saved Creed from being mind-controlled too. But that doesn't seem enough to call her part a "big story." So she may have had a big story, but that got thrown out in favor of the arc we're now getting to close out the series.

Gets confusing just how far in advance writers have written, planned, and are notified when they have to change stuff for a cancellation.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Because Astonishing is one of the many prequels to Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Maybe lead-in, but unless time-travel happened irl, not a prequel :P

Honestly, everything seems like this for ResurrXion.

Same for Weapon X. Since it's ending this arc, what was the point of changing the team?

Blue was all over the place too. But Bunn spoke about that. The book was the 05's story from the start, and Bunn had no interest in writing them, especially after his Uncanny run was gutted. But he wrote the book, after asking to keep Magneto, then Extermination came along, which wasn't planned & things got changed around on Bunn again where we got Magneto, Polaris, Jimmy, Daken, and Emma.

So really, seems we're in a state of transition where the ResurrXion books had plans in advance, but got cut off and how we're seeing some rewrites and clean-ups to close all of them out. Example, MONTHS ago, Pak said on twitter that Deathstrike would have a big story in Weapon X 22. We've seen chapter 22, and Deathstrike had no kind of big story. She freed Monet from Mentallo, and saved Creed from being mind-controlled too. But that doesn't seem enough to call her part a "big story." So she may have had a big story, but that got thrown out in favor of the arc we're now getting to close out the series.

Gets confusing just how far in advance writers have written, planned, and are notified when they have to change stuff for a cancellation.
    See, I kind of get it with those. Astonishing was launched a while ago and felt like it was meant to be the big X-book before Soule left and it became what Astonishing has been since Whedon left in the 2000s. Blue always kinda felt like it existed out of obligation tbh. The Weapon X-Force thing is RECENT, which is what gets me. Like, really? The arc they do the new status quo and it's the last arc of the series? And associated with giving the team a name that will be used almost immediately after? That is some genuinely shotty work right there.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It really should've been a mini with a different adjective, instead of inheriting Soule's numbering.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It depends. They knew six months in advance that the pre-No Surrender Avengers books were ending. Jim Zub took over Uncanny Avengers with two specific briefs. Secret Empire tie-in, then bring in new members to set up No Surrender (those new members being Beast and Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man having been brought back in Duggan's finale). He knew when he started that he'd only be doing seven issues, which were written at the same time as No Surrender. Him taking over Champions was probably shorter notice though, as Waid's run ended with some new members joining. When Zub took over, Ironheart and Wasp were still there, but Patriot, Falcon and Red Locust were gone, which means Waid probably didn't expect 18 to be his last issue when he started planning the Champion For a Day arc. They're rejoining when Zub expands the team in January though, so he probably just wanted breathing space for Nova and for his new character Snowguard.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-22-2018 at 05:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

See, I kind of get it with those. Astonishing was launched a while ago and felt like it was meant to be the big X-book before Soule left and it became what Astonishing has been since Whedon left in the 2000s. Blue always kinda felt like it existed out of obligation tbh. The Weapon X-Force thing is RECENT, which is what gets me. Like, really? The arc they do the new status quo and it's the last arc of the series? And associated with giving the team a name that will be used almost immediately after? That is some genuinely shotty work right there.
    I may be giving too much credit to Robinson & Pak. But there may be a method to the madness. It looks like Creed's inversion will be erased in the last chapter. The solicit also talks about him paying for the road he's taken in his life. So him losing everything would definitely drive that home.

His attempt at trying to repent? Maybe he'll be told or shown that it's too late after everything he's done & how many lines he crossed.

All this may have been seemingly turning around & going in a new direction, only to finish up Creed's inversion story with the lesson that it's too late for him. So he'll lose his team, and it's gonna be replaced with the real X-Force that aren't former villains. He's gonna lose his inversion that helped him do better & get more acquainted with his mostly suppressed humanity. And IF, very big IF, he had a chance for a relationship with Monet, he's gonna lose that too once he reverts.

Then he;ll probably head back to Wolverine's rogue gallery in the next Wolverine solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It really should've been a mini with a different adjective, instead of inheriting Soule's numbering.
    Yeah. Another case of moving in on an existing book to do something new.

It's like Generation X. We are all familiar with the real OG Generation X from the 90's. With Monet, Husk, Synch, Mondo, Hollow, etc. Then Strain did a Generation X title with new characters that nobody asked for as far as Generation X goes. And the old characters fans loved just took backseats to the "lovable losers", and that lost it a lot of points from the start. Would've been better to give it another title.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-22-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solicitations
    It’s a fresh start and an oversized, star-studded welcome home for a hero who’s been punching the glass ceiling since the 1970s...
    While Wonder Woman was actually breaking it which is why we have taken the retcon stick to her past This character has a lot of catching up to do! Be sure to buy this and see the movie true believers.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest