FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD
    SPIDER-MAN #1 & #2
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A)
    CoverS by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
    VARIANT COVER BY JUAN CABAL
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JOHN ROMITA, SR.
    GAME, ANIMATION, AND BLANK VARIANT COVERS ALSO AVAILABLE
    ISSUE #2 - VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Spider-Man is the worst neighbor EVER! There are always crazy villains and property damage and drama and…and he CATCHES the villains. And he tries to fix the damage and he helps carry your groceries and actually that property damage keeps the rents down. You know what? Spider-Man is the best neighbor ever and this book will give you a closer look at Spider-Man’s (and Peter Parker’s) neighborhood than any book ever. Also, it wouldn’t be a Spider-Man adventure without a threat that could destroy not only Spider-Man, but all his neighbors. Superstar writer TOM TAYLOR (X-MEN RED, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, Injustice) and rising art star JUANN CABAL (ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, X-23) give you the most local Spider-Man ever!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13 & #14
    NICK SPENCER (W) • RYAN OTTLEY (A/C)
    ISSUE #13 - MARVEL 80TH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    ISSUE #14 - CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ISSUE #14 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • You know what’s annoying? Having to save J. Jonah Jameson’s life.
    • Sure, he’s been on Spidey’s side for a little while, but that’s after YEARS of him making Spider-Man’s life a living heck.
    • I feel like this amount of responsibility should come with even more power.
    • Anyway, who, other than most of New York, would want to punish J. Jonah Jameson?
    32 PGS (EACH)./Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #2
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by MARCO D’ALFONSO
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCO D’ALFONSO
    • Miles is getting closer to solving the mystery of the thievery ring plaguing Brooklyn, but the Rhino has complicated matters quite a lot.
    • Rhino doesn’t usually have minions preferring to charge alone. What’s behind this change of methodology?
    • Plus, meet a new antagonist who may just become Miles’ most dangerous foe!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #4
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • ROSI KäMPE (A)
    Cover by BENGAL
    CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VARIANT COVER BY BOBBY RUBIO
    In the aftermath of SPIDER-GEDDON, Gwen Stacy has a unique ability all her own — one that will set her apart from other Spiders for years to come. But with that unique power, there will also come a unique — and grave — responsibility. One that Gwen will have no choice but to bear alone…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
    Cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
    Variant Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    TERRAX HAS LANDED IN SAN FRANCISCO!
    • This cosmic-level foe outpowers Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, by a factor of ten.
    • Terrax may have no problem defeating a Spider-level hero, but he’s never faced a hero who uses Otto’s SUPERIOR tactics.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

WEB OF VENOM: UNLEASHED #1
    RYAN STEGMAN (W) • Kyle Hotz (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    From the illustrator of the blockbuster series of the summer comes the next epic installment in the WEB OF VENOM — a journey from the symbiote’s perspective through Eddie’s old haunts in San Francisco. It might not like what it finds…
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

VENOM #10
    DONNY CATES (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)
    MARVEL 80TH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    • Eddie Brock takes a walk down memory lane and revisits San Francisco for the first time in years.
    • The homecoming is anything but pleasant, though, as he comes face-to-face with his estranged father and a little brother he never knew he had…
    • This while the Venom symbiote remains silenced, perhaps forever, leaving Eddie to struggle by himself…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL TALES: VENOM #1
    David Micheline, Peter David (W)
    Todd McFarlane, Mark Bagley, Richard Buckler (A)
    Cover by Jen Bartel
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    Re-discover the notoriety of Spider-Man’s most fearsome foes and celebrate Marvel’s 80th Anniversary with the return of MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories, and highlights some of Marvel’s most impressive talent from the past eight decades. Reprinting Venom’s return in Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #316, the first appearance of Carnage in Amazing Spider-Man #361 and an action-packed Black Cat story in Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #119.
    88 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #44
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • JIM TOWE (A)
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    • Let’s just say Spider-Man and Deadpool aren’t not trapped in the Negative Zone.
    • Spidey’s a bit anxious to get back to Earth and stop the rampaging bug monsters… (You didn’t miss ish #42, did you?)
    • But D.P.’s hoping for some R&R! See the negative sights, take in some local negative color, fight off the Living Bomb-Burst, A.K.A. BLASTAAR — wait, what was that last one?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #45
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • JIM TOWE (A)
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    • BLASTAAR! Deadly distraction or maniacal mastermind? Would it be socially acceptable for ME to grow a beard-mane? MYSTERIES ABOUND!
    • One thing’s for sure — Spider-Man and Deadpool can’t face this threat alone. They’re holding out for a Deviant hero!
    • RANSAK! KARKAS! ’NUFF SAID!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/42355-marv...citations.html

MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES: SPIDER-MAN – ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE #1
    SHOLLY FISCH AND TBA (W) • TBA (A)
    Cover by JACOB CHABOT
    It’s a SPIDER-TACULAR adventure when Spider-Man is visited by his fellow web-slingers! What wall-crawling, web-swinging trouble will Peter Parker get into when he’s joined by Anya Corazon, Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen? Only one way to find out!
    32 PGS./All Ages …$3.99

Yay, Anya.

TV version, I bet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's those chibi comics they've been releasing lately.

BANNED

Nice line-up for January. Spec is definitely gone - for now, at least.

Stoked to see the Big Man on the cover for ASM. Spencer seems to love pulling out the deep cuts!

And SpOck vs. Terrax should be awesome.

Also, SM/DP is getting close to issue #50. Bet they'll at least keep it going that long and then maybe cancelling/relaunching.

They really need to do something with Jess. I'm glad she's showing up in Captain Marvel but I really wish she'd get a solo again.

Also what do you think Gwen's new power is?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Thoughts:

- "and he CATCHES the villains. And he tries to fix the damage and he helps carry your groceries and actually that property damage keeps the rents down." Well, Taylor's Spider-Man has my vote .

- Looks like we've got Scorpion and the Big Man back for ASM. I forget, was there a Foswell clone in Clone Conspiracy?

- Does Gwen really need another ability? She only just recently got her own Symbiote that she's learning the ropes with.

- SpOck fighting Terrax is kind of amusing considering how Dan Slott hated Spidey beating Fire Lord .

- Eddie Brock's family? That should be a trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It's those chibi comics they've been releasing lately.
    Kinda surprised it took them this long to have a book out with on all four of the cartoon Spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Also, SM/DP is getting close to issue #50. Bet they'll at least keep it going that long and then maybe cancelling/relaunching.
    With it's current sales, I'm expecting an ending at #50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    They really need to do something with Jess. I'm glad she's showing up in Captain Marvel but I really wish she'd get a solo again.
    At least she's not dead, but I just don't foresee the Spider-Offices having any big plans for her at the moment.

But maybe the Avengers office can pick up the slack.
    Maybe it has something to do with the graves of dead spiders on the cover?

I just hope it's not overpowered.

Mighty Member

Dimension hopping? Like she'll absorb/internalize the Web of Life (is that what it's called?) and can move herself to wherever another spider is?

It's either that or the ability to hold a steady job

No Peter Parker , The Spectacular Spider-man

anyone know whats going on with that title ?

I thought they were just getting a new creative team

according to Marvel's website , you can still order a print subscription for it

Probably just AMAZING for me, but I will keep an eye on FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD.

Mighty Member

I'm still holding out hope for a new Jess series coming out of Spider Geddon, but it is looking less likely unfortunately. I took new Miles and Gwen series as givens, like everyone else, but often you get at least one "new" series out of these relaunches... Maybe they are spacing them out..??? (He said, knowing it's probably not the case...)

It could be intangibility, all the dimension hopping could could result in the ability to slightly shift out of reality and move through objects. It would also give a lot more basis for calling her Ghost Spider.

Judging by the cover, I'm wondering if Gwen is going to have the power to talk to the dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    No Peter Parker , The Spectacular Spider-man

anyone know whats going on with that title ?

I thought they were just getting a new creative team

according to Marvel's website , you can still order a print subscription for it
    Never go by the subscription checklist. Anyone subscribing to Peter Parker, would just auto-receive the "replacement" title of Friendly Neighborhood, unless you specify otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Judging by the cover, I'm wondering if Gwen is going to have the power to talk to the dead.
    that or channel their personas