View Poll Results: How do you rate the episode?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

2 22.22%
  • B

4 44.44%
  • C

3 33.33%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... wish we could have gotten more from the Inner Circle...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ... cop arc doesn't need that much focus. ...
    These are the main 2 reasons I gave it a B. I find the IC characters & their stories more compelling overall, and found Jace's parts to be a serious momentum killer, wherein the ep seem to outright stall. TBH, I liked the previous installment better, and still consider it the best so far. Favoring the odd ones (first & third), over the even ones (second & fourth), it seems. Not sure if there's anything to that, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    These are the main 2 reasons I gave it a B. I find the IC characters & their stories more compelling overall, and found Jace's parts to be a serious momentum killer, wherein the ep seem to outright stall. TBH, I liked the previous installment better, and still consider it the best so far. Favoring the odd ones (first & third), over the even ones (second & fourth), it seems. Not sure if there's anything to that, just an observation.
    I would agree with that and I think this would have made a strong opening to the season. It would have kept Hellfire/IC more of a mystery to audiences with a slow revel of their dynamics over the next few episodes.

That being said the dynamics of the IC look like they have the potential to be well superior next episode to what we have gotten so far with Lorna, Esme and Andy having to deal with a situation without an all powerful ruler hovering over them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-17-2018 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, the pacing seemed a lil' lopsided. There were things that could of used less focus, and others that could've used more, IMO.

Hopefully with Halloween eve's ep #5, the IC will be the predominant players as they look to be, and the show once again captures its full mojo.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris is one of my absolute favorite characters, but people seem to allow their love for certain characters to skew things that actually happen on the show. I enjoyed the fact that this episode showed the Underground willing to make some sketchy choices, and that things aren't as black and white as most superhero shows. However, that being said, you can't highlight what the Underground does, and just ignore the Inner Circle's actions. The Stepford's murdered Wire, Polaris let loose a number of patients, who then attempted to kill one another, and Reeva was a second away from killing Andy. Both sides are doing things they feel are justified, even if they aren't exactly the right thing to do.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Polaris is one of my absolute favorite characters, but people seem to allow their love for certain characters to skew things that actually happen on the show. I enjoyed the fact that this episode showed the Underground willing to make some sketchy choices, and that things aren't as black and white as most superhero shows. However, that being said, you can't highlight what the Underground does, and just ignore the Inner Circle's actions. The Stepford's murdered Wire, Polaris let loose a number of patients, who then attempted to kill one another, and Reeva was a second away from killing Andy. Both sides are doing things they feel are justified, even if they aren't exactly the right thing to do.
    I agree with all of this although I'm not sure we can put too much blame on Lorna for that really.

I always admit the biggest flaws with the portrayal of Inner Circle on the show are how willing they are to just straight kill "inconvenient" people. They have to do something to handle potential threats to them though. Mindwiping is preferable but I think the Cuckoos dont have that ability in this show. But there should be some other way I agree.

But yes I wish more people could at least like... pay attention when Underground characters do insanely atrocious things and not just seemingly ignore it. Like Marcos being about to blow up the car with LORNA and Andy inside was INSANE. How can anyone still root for him after that? I have no idea. Caitlin tortured a poor man nearly to his death. That's probably more suffering than what the Cuckoos put his brother through actually.... it's the hypocritical double standards that get me the most. At least Inner Circle when they do these "bad" things it's in service of a grand vision. For Underground what's their excuse? Just really bad personal behavior
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mighty Member

Lorna letting out the prisoners was really shocking. She was in one of these "hospitals" when she was younger and outright had PTSD from her stay. Having her outright unleash prisoners to inconvenience Blink and Thunderbird felt seriously devoid of any compassion.

I'm wondering if she's projecting her dislike of Wire onto her brother, seeing how Graph's brother did try to sell her and Eclipse to the Inner Circle.

Since I did work in a hospital when I was younger, what Caitlin did disturbed me a lot. Then again, it's not the worst thing I've seen in a hospital.