View Poll Results: Does your favorite post-KLH Spider-Man story feature the 616 Spider-Man?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it features the original Spider-Man.

6 37.50%
  • No, it's set in a different universe.

6 37.50%
  • It's complicated (Superior Spider-Man, Ben Reilly, Alternate Universe team-ups, etc.)

4 25.00%

Default Question about your favorite Spider-Man story since Kraven's Last Hunt

A while back I asked you guys what your favorite comic book with the 616 Spider-Man was published since Kraven's Last Hunt? I did that since Kraven's Last Hunt was pretty popular, and it also served as a useful cutoff for some earlier stories (The Master Planner Saga, The Night Gwen Stacy Died, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man, etc.)

But there is a follow-up question. Does your favorite Spider-Man story since Kraven's Last Hunt feature the classic comic book Spider-Man, or a different iteration? The latter category would include movies, TV shows, and video games, as well as the Ultimate comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I don't even have to think about this one - Superior Spider-Man (although Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man is a darn close second). In light of my answer that would be a hard no, technically speaking.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Default Slight change in polls

Changing the poll options a little bit, since I've realized there can be multiple answers.

Yes, it features the 616 Spider-Man.
    No, it's set outside the 616 Universe.
    It's complicated, for stories starring Spider-Man from multiple dimensions (Spider-Men, Spider-Verse), or for stories in the 616 Universe starring a different lead (IE- Ben Reilly, Superior Spider-Man, Miles Morales after he got out of the Ultimate comics.)

For the sake of this poll, the post One More Day Spider-Man is still 616.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Changing the poll options a little bit, since I've realized there can be multiple answers.

Yes, it features the 616 Spider-Man.
    No, it's set outside the 616 Universe.
    It's complicated, for stories starring Spider-Man from multiple dimensions (Spider-Men, Spider-Verse), or for stories in the 616 Universe starring a different lead (IE- Ben Reilly, Superior Spider-Man, Miles Morales after he got out of the Ultimate comics.)

For the sake of this poll, the post One More Day Spider-Man is still 616.
    I hope I don't derail too much, but is it even an argument whether post OMD Spidey is 616 or not? Isn't he clearly set in the 616 (and whatever we're calling it post-Secret Wars)?

Do any of you think otherwise? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the intent of the disclaimer.

It's a tie for me between Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker of Earth-1610) and the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon series from Kids' WB/DXD.

So I voted for the second option.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    It's a tie for me between Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker of Earth-1610) and the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon series from Kids' WB/DXD.

So I voted for the second option.
    I second this answer, they are both my all-time favourite Spider-Man stories in general.

If I were to think about what my favourite post-KLH 616 Spidey story is, would probably have to go with Spider-Island. That's the perfect version of what I think a Spider-Man event story should be.

I went with "it's set in a different universe" since it would be either Spider-Man 2, or the second Ultimate Spider-Man arc (Learning Curve) with a potential dark horse for Captain America: Civil War, even if it's more of a story with Spider-Man than anything that could be said to starr him.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't even have to think about this one - Superior Spider-Man (although Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man is a darn close second). In light of my answer that would be a hard no, technically speaking.
    This was when I realized the yes/ no question has a flaw.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Alternate universe all the way; my most favorite Spidey stories of all time are the Raimi movies and the Ultimate comics (specifically the "Learning Curve" and "Requiem" story arcs), all post-"Kraven's Last Hunt."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)