Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

And looking at my pull list there’s also the following titles coming out monthly:

Spider-Man (Abrams)
    Spider-Man Noir
    Spider-Verse
    Daily Bugle

So why do we need more satellite books?

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    My preferred monthly schedule would be:

1st week: ASM
    2nd week: Venom
    3rd week: ASM
    4th week: Spider-Man Mini-Series (a.k.a. Symbiote Spider-Man)

That is a solid monthly schedule of Spidey lore. Plus, there’s the other character books (which I don’t read) to get more Spidey universe stories so there’s no need for satellite titles.

Amazing Mary Jane
    Black Cat
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man
    Ghost Spider
    Interesting point on minis as an alternative. They do offer something different from Amazing Spider-Man, but don't have the competing subplots problem.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Interesting point on minis as an alternative. They do offer something different from Amazing Spider-Man, but don't have the competing subplots problem.
    The thing I don’t like about that is, the other authors voices for the characters. I love the more intimate setting we get with the ancillary books. As an example, in the early 80’s, when I first started reading Spider-Man, Stern’s Amazing was all the rage, with the Hobgoblin saga unfolding, but I was a bigger fan of Mantlo’s Spectacular, and his fleshing out of minor supporting characters, developing the Spidey/Black Cat romance (that Marvel tanked for no good reason), and gave us Cloak & Dagger, two of my favorite characters to be introduced in the 80’s.

An action-heavy Spider-Man comic like Non-Stop Spider-Man could solve some of the coordination problems. The emphasis on Peter's life is limited, but it could have an impact on Amazing Spider-Man which doesn't make that title feel inaccessible (Editor's Note: Why is Peter popping Ibuprofen like they were Tic Tacs? See Non-Stop Spider-Man #1-5, in stores now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The thing I don’t like about that is, the other authors voices for the characters. I love the more intimate setting we get with the ancillary books. As an example, in the early 80’s, when I first started reading Spider-Man, Stern’s Amazing was all the rage, with the Hobgoblin saga unfolding, but I was a bigger fan of Mantlo’s Spectacular, and his fleshing out of minor supporting characters, developing the Spidey/Black Cat romance (that Marvel tanked for no good reason), and gave us Cloak & Dagger, two of my favorite characters to be introduced in the 80’s.
    This gets to be a tough balance. If the cast doesn't affect other books, do they matter to Peter? If they do affect other books, it could make those books hard to follow independently, so why not just have one weekly title?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

so I decided to just buy the series, and have finished the first 4 issues. I like it for the most part, but a few things I don’t care for. The Underworlders. I would have much preferred he used Grotesk, or Tyrranus. They’re due for a revamp. I love Juann’s art, but something hasn’t clicked...just yet. And I’m not really attached to the Rumor. They could have just reused Judas Traveller.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com