Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Looking through Marauders and there might be something there between Emma and Kitty. Which is weird thinking about Claremont's era but they've really built them up since then.
    Kitty does have a thing for older women of power...

Was thinking of this as more of a friendship built on contrast but Gabby and the Wilhelmina Kensington.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wilhe...on_(Earth-616) Assuming they are close in age.

While I did not enjoy hardly anything done with Wolfsbane during her first time on X-Factor,(being psionicaly bonded to Alex or whatever ) A stray thought did cross my mind. What if she was actually in love with Polaris?

I'm not really much for shipping. Would really like to see someone with Bishop though.

edit: psoniclly bonded? They might have used a different word but I can't recall.
    Last edited by wlfking; 06-04-2023 at 12:51 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Kitty does have a thing for older women of power...

And blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Was thinking of this as more of a friendship built on contrast but Gabby and the Wilhelmina Kensington.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wilhe...on_(Earth-616) Assuming they are close in age.

While I did not enjoy hardly anything done with Wolfsbane during her first time on X-Factor,(being psychically bound to Alex or whatever ) A stray thought did cross my mind. What if she was actually in love with Polaris?

I'm not really much for shipping. Would really like to see someone with Bishop though.
    I forget which thread, I think it was one about Scott and Jean being broken up by Duggan, that people were talking about Jean and Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    And blondes.

I forget which thread, I think it was one about Scott and Jean being broken up by Duggan, that people were talking about Jean and Bishop.
    I saw that this ship also had it's own thread on here. I skimmed this thread and saw that it comes up a fair bit.
    ~*Earthbound.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I saw that this ship also had it's own thread on here. I skimmed this thread and saw that it comes up a fair bit.
    Some unusual pairings get love and othwrs dont even when that pairing is as far from usual you can get. I hardly even see people talking about the pairings that ACTUALY work out, even when there is no reason they should. When was the last time you saw a post about Beak and Angel. An unusual relationship that never gets talked about because it actually worked out.

I would dig Dazzler with Cable, as I’ve said before. The juxtaposition of those two could be fun. Then again, I could say the same for Ali and Logan, and they’ve already slept together. So either of those pairings (Ali-Nathan or Ali-Logan) would be cool with me. In fact, Cable might still be married to a future version of Esme Cuckoo who is living somewhere in the timestream. But he might not. Time travel is hard to keep track of honestly.

My soft spot for Dazzler comes from the old side-scrolling six-player X-men arcade game. I guess Jean was dead at the time in the comics, so they subbed Ali for her instead in that game. Or something like that. Regardless, that was my very first exposure to the X-men, even before I bought Claremont and Lee’s X-men #1 and was hooked from then on out. So my earliest X-men team was Dazzler, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm and Wolverine.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-04-2023 at 02:02 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Some unusual pairings get love and othwrs dont even when that pairing is as far from usual you can get. I hardly even see people talking about the pairings that ACTUALY work out, even when there is no reason they should. When was the last time you saw a post about Beak and Angel. An unusual relationship that never gets talked about because it actually worked out.

Yeah. They were fun! I think it doesn't help that they haven't been seen too much recently but after reading almost this entire thread, they came up twice and once was someone saying they want them together.

But the nature of this thread does seem to want to lean towards "unlikely."

I'm honestly not much of a shipper. As long as it's well written I don't much care who is with who.
    ~*Earthbound.

Ships?

Well, I think Gambit could use a pirate ship. Think about that for a moment. Gambit the pirate. You already love the idea.

Ok. I got one. Maybe.
    Wolfsbane and Wildchild. Granted. All I know about him comes from his time in that Hellions comic but based on that . . . maybe?
    Both seem to struggle with animal urges.

If we can ship friendships here then Domino, Diamondback and Outlaw. Not sure that they aren't still friends but I haven't seen them together. I believe Outlaw is on Krakoa. Diamondback is human though. We could also put Domnio's little brother with Gabby's group of friends.

Also. Wolfsbane and Angel/Warren as friends. Might be nice to see since I don't know if they've interacted since that one time when she "nibbled" off his wings.
    ~*Earthbound.

Astonishing Member

Not a ship I am interested in really but wasn't there a storyline in the Peter David X-Factor that Rahne was bonded, like the in Twilight final movie way to Alex. It was some kind of a soapy Claremonty thing Peter David brought up but I don't think he expounded on it much. How was that plot point resolved? Wilking seams to be a Rahne fan I was hoping, might have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Not a ship I am interested in really but wasn't there a storyline in the Peter David X-Factor that Rahne was bonded, like the in Twilight final movie way to Alex. It was some kind of a soapy Claremonty thing Peter David brought up but I don't think he expounded on it much. How was that plot point resolved? Wilking seams to be a Rahne fan I was hoping, might have the answer.
    I think that was one of those things Haven cured her of, like hos she wasn't able to return to full human form.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Rahne was bonded to Alex an a "slave and master relationship" during the events of the 1990 crossover event Extinction Agenda. Additionally, she had to remain in a half wolf, half human state otherwise she would lose her ability to think like a human and just be feral. When X-Factor was reformed, Strong Guy, Polaris and Havok were asked to join. With the slave-master thing in Rahne's head, she was compelled to follow Alex and ended up on the team as well. Her programing exhibited itself in a romantically obsessive way to the point that she was getting jealous of Polaris and constantly fighting with her.

This is her character for almost her entire time on the team. And I really don't care for it. No one is aware what her issue is for a long time and when they do find out, the procedure suggested only has a slim chance of working. After mulling it over, she goes for the procedure but the slave master thing is too strong so she steals a jet and flies back to Alex. Alex has to be there and he says he will but just not right now as there was a lot of stuff going on. Rahne didn't take it well.

The book is pretty good. And a few of these ideas are interesting but I really didn't enjoy Rahne was handled.

I don't recall which writer started this for Rahne but Peter David kept it going. It wasn't resolved until several issues after he left the book. She was cured by Haven on a mission. Haven did it hoping to win X-Factor to her side.
    Last edited by wlfking; 06-05-2023 at 11:03 AM.
    ~*Earthbound.

I think there actually is a book where Rahne is married to Alex, an alternate universe story where they are on Genosha or something. I wouldn't be against it if this was something that happened later in her life but that whole slave-master thing in 616 makes it really rub me the wrong way.
    ~*Earthbound.

I'm sure that with a thread this long, Scott and Ororo has already been discussed. I always thought it would be cool to see them on a date or something and have them discussing the team's status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I'm sure that with a thread this long, Scott and Ororo has already been discussed. I always thought it would be cool to see them on a date or something and have them discussing the team's status.