Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This one is always going to be gross to me because of context. Literally everyone ignores that the entire point of the panel in question was to reinforce that Laura was in a self-destructive spiral. She began the arc slashing her wrists bad enough that she might have bled out without her Healing Factor, and now she's literally trying to get a vampire to drain her dry. She's depressed and suicidal. But people look at that ONE splash page from Takeda and all the sudden "It's SOOOO sexy! They should hook up."

Just ew. The context is AWFUL and I'm frankly disturbed whenever I see people use that arc to ship it (and it's ALWAYS that arc, because it's one of Laura and Jubilee's most prominent interactions).
    For me, the most shippable moment from that arc isn't the "Bite Me" splash page, but the end when they jump off the Eiffel Tower together. The first is a cry for help, the latter is a moment of connection.

I'll admit, the fancomic where Laura asks Jubilee to help her go shopping for "many, many shoes" didn't hurt either, even if the reason was that she keeps losing footwear to the word "SNIKT".
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-18-2022 at 06:27 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Magik and Magique
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

It'll never happen, but I'd like Nightcrawler and Daytripper back together. The whole relationship was messy af, but it was one of two relationships Kurt's had that had any sense of fun. (The other being Cerise, who I'd also like to have back.)

Monet & Sunspot

Kate/Kitty Pryde & Phoebe Huntsman (Her frenemy from Girl School from Heck)

Hellion & Hope Summers : He likes the tough girls - unlikely because he never appears in comics.

Bishop & Sage

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bishop and Emma Frost - I get Deathbird vibes from her and Bishop actually brought out some humanity and warmth from her until another writer came along a d had her try to kill him. Either way Emma seems to be well match with a man that is center focused, with a strong will. If he can't be with Storm, then Emma would be strong #2
    There was a nice scene of Bishop draping his jacket over Emma in one of the Marauders issues (the yellowjacket issue). That was cute.

Cannonball & Iceman, who had something of a what to me was homo-erotic aspect to their relationship back in the Marauders arc (X-Men #188 - 204), which I think was before Bobby came out.

Have they even talked since Bobby came out?

Astonishing Member

Sadly, not that I can think of, which bums hard because I definitely liked their vibes in Carey's run. Ah well. Sam's just Bobbysexual. All about them Bobbys. You announce your name is a variation of Bobby and there's Sam with an aww shucks grin like "Hi have we met? My name's Sam."

Bishop Bishop Bishop. Give him some romance. Give him a team to lead. Give him one gotsdamn friend. (I don't think he's interacted with Sage in this era yet.)

Have they clarified if Bishop is related to Monet? I'm not necessarily saying he should be with her, but someone... not unlike her. He needs someone that will annoy TF out of him but also be like madly in love with him. He craves the intensity and deserves it honestly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Emma and Warren
    Betsy and Steve Rogers
    Betsy and Gambit
    Kwannon and Shiro
    Kwannon and Bishop
    Betsy and Havok
    Storm and Exodus
    Syrin and Warpath
    Jean and Fantomex
    Betsy and Tony Stark
    Frenzy and Exodus is more believable than Storm and Exodus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Frenzy and Exodus is more believable than Storm and Exodus.
    Frenzy is stuck in single target sexuality with someone who clearly doesn't feel the same way. Marvel either needs to have something happen or allow her to move on
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Frenzy is stuck in single target sexuality with someone who clearly doesn't feel the same way. Marvel either needs to have something happen or allow her to move on
    I know! I actually like her and Scott, but the writers seem.to set Scott as predestined to be with someone else so Frenzy needs to make up her mind. Exodus and Frenzy could work if they tell it through flashback.I have some ideas how to build the drama on these two.

Exodus is who Magneto used to be and who Scott sort of turned into during his revolution phase. The only question is would Exodus prioritize a relationship over the well preservation of mutant excellence. While it might look like Frenzy is looking for a Scott replacement Exodus is a true believer in mutants inheriting the earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Exodus is who Magneto used to be and who Scott sort of turned into during his revolution phase. The only question is would Exodus prioritize a relationship over the well preservation of mutant excellence. While it might look like Frenzy is looking for a Scott replacement Exodus is a true believer in mutants inheriting the earth.
    I hear you but who said she doesn't follow Exodus' mantra? She rolled with Exodus for years.In my idea I explore Exodus and her dynamic in flashbacks precisely because of how loyal she was to the cause, she was his favourite Acolyte because she was unyeilding and relentless so much so that she wanted Exodus to get out of Magneto's shadow and make the dream a reality as a separate faction(while Joseph and Amelia were scheming to usurp the Acolytes)..Anyway there's more to the story but there's a reason why in the present he is still alone and she is too.. suffice it to say he is the cause and even 'basilisk' has a role to play ..but not the way many imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I drew a different conclusion from the aftermath of Age of X. For the first time in Frenzy's life, she was a hero. When people shouted her name, it was because her coming inspired hope rather than fear. It was something that forced a redefining of the core of who she was, or at least who she thought she was. Despite it being a crapsack world, for possibly the first time in her life since she was a small child, she was happy. She had something to live for, something to believe in, and someone who loved her for who she was. She wants all those things again, and in some way she sees them as a matched set. Not having one means she might not have any of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.