Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Bobby and Emma way back in uncanny i thought something was there when she took control of his body.Uncanny X-Men #318 - Iceman & Emma.jpg
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 02-13-2023 at 07:20 AM.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Bobby and Emma way back in uncanny i thought something was there when she took control of his body.Uncanny X-Men #318 - Iceman & Emma.jpg
    I- that story is some of the heaviest gay coding in Bobby's entire history...

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I- that story is some of the heaviest gay coding in Bobby's entire history...

what makes you say that ?
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I was gonna make a thread to see who was worse, Beast or Nature Girl. But then I realized that they don't have to compete. NG likes animals, Beast likes killing his enemies. They could even help each other out with their short-term goals. They could make for a really chaotic, unpleasant couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I was gonna make a thread to see who was worse, Beast or Nature Girl. But then I realized that they don't have to compete. NG likes animals, Beast likes killing his enemies. They could even help each other out with their short-term goals. They could make for a really chaotic, unpleasant couple.
    The age-gap bothers me though. Wasn't he her teacher at some point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The age-gap bothers me though. Wasn't he her teacher at some point ?
    Probably. But they both murdered tons of innocent people and are willing to commit genocide. At this point, possible grooming is the least of their problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Dani Moonstar x Nate Grey

Yeah, it's semi-canon, but it seems pretty unlikely, too.

Just read Chaos War for the first time and now im trying to figure out whats the age gap between Sophie and John…but if its not a big and weird age gap, I truly wouldn't mind them together

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Kitty/Illyana/Rachel (poly)
    Cable and Thunderbird
    Domino and Rogue
    Elsa Bloodstone and Blade
    Deadpool and Weasel
    Domino and Abigail Brand
    Jubilee and X-23
    Emma Frost and Andromeda Attumasen
    Sue Storm and T'Challa
    Storm and Yukio (turn the subtext into TEXT)
    Makkari and Pietro

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    what makes you say that ?
    There is Emma's "Interior decorating" quip at Bobby at the very least. It's been ages since I have read the issue and I don't have a copy, so that's really the only specific I remember. But at the time the joke about anyone into interior decorating not being straight were pretty prevalent - to the point that it popped into sitcoms (Cheers! had an episode where Norm displays a talent for it and the people who hire him try to set him up with another man) occasionally.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Bishop & Skein would be interesting.

i dont know too much about skein to ship her with him. but i will scratch off bishop x blackfire(a joke ship). bishop x polaris would be better.

Astonishing Member

The Bobby/Emma thing is funny to me because you cited Uncanny specifically as the reason for seeing a possible ship between them.

Because there were multiple X-books running concurrently and characters floated between them, with writers having different perceptions of the characters. And yeah, as others have said, Bobby and Emma's interactions in Lobdell's Uncanny were heavily queer-coded, but there was a strong basis for a possible Bobby/Emma ship back then - it actually was a pretty popular albeit niche ship for awhile there, and to this day you probably could find tons of old Bobby/Emma fics on archived livejournals or fanfiction.net, etc (all of this was way before Ao3, etc).

Because Emma's interactions with Bobby in HIS main title might have been largely to hint at Bobby's 'secret', but Bobby also interacted with Emma in HER main title, Generation X, where writers like Jay Faerber did actually have them flirt and at least seemed to be leading up to a possible ship with teases like him taking her to Gen-X's dance that they were both chaperoning. That character I'm always going on about from X-Nation (the X-Men 2099 era) named December Frost, who was created right around this time period, literally only existed BECAUSE of those ship teases. She was a blatant Emma analogue and descendant, with her blond hair and a wardrobe reminiscent of her ancestor's, whose powers were derived from Bobby's. And she debuted not long after stories like the Gen-X prom issue....I remember talking about X-Nation with other fans when it first came out. Everybody knew exactly who her 'great-great-grandparents' were supposed to be, Bobby and Emma, and there were jokes about how unlikely a pair they make, but nobody was actually SURPRISED they did something with those teases, because the foundation was there.

Anyway, its just funny to me, because like, the ship itself, Bobby and Emma, I could see it, and did, way back then based on how SOME writers wrote them....but Lobdell was not one of those, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The Bobby/Emma thing is funny to me because you cited Uncanny specifically as the reason for seeing a possible ship between them.

Because there were multiple X-books running concurrently and characters floated between them, with writers having different perceptions of the characters. And yeah, as others have said, Bobby and Emma's interactions in Lobdell's Uncanny were heavily queer-coded, but there was a strong basis for a possible Bobby/Emma ship back then - it actually was a pretty popular albeit niche ship for awhile there, and to this day you probably could find tons of old Bobby/Emma fics on archived livejournals or fanfiction.net, etc (all of this was way before Ao3, etc).

Because Emma's interactions with Bobby in HIS main title might have been largely to hint at Bobby's 'secret', but Bobby also interacted with Emma in HER main title, Generation X, where writers like Jay Faerber did actually have them flirt and at least seemed to be leading up to a possible ship with teases like him taking her to Gen-X's dance that they were both chaperoning. That character I'm always going on about from X-Nation (the X-Men 2099 era) named December Frost, who was created right around this time period, literally only existed BECAUSE of those ship teases. She was a blatant Emma analogue and descendant, with her blond hair and a wardrobe reminiscent of her ancestor's, whose powers were derived from Bobby's. And she debuted not long after stories like the Gen-X prom issue....I remember talking about X-Nation with other fans when it first came out. Everybody knew exactly who her 'great-great-grandparents' were supposed to be, Bobby and Emma, and there were jokes about how unlikely a pair they make, but nobody was actually SURPRISED they did something with those teases, because the foundation was there.

Anyway, its just funny to me, because like, the ship itself, Bobby and Emma, I could see it, and did, way back then based on how SOME writers wrote them....but Lobdell was not one of those, lmao.
    I like that December's parents chose to keep Frost as a name and not Drake. Was the father absent for "some" reason ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I like that December's parents chose to keep Frost as a name and not Drake. Was the father absent for "some" reason ?
    We never learned much about December's family tree - the nods to her ancestry were more just behind the scenes/out of universe teases. The upside of that, of course, is that December could just as easily take her name from being descended from Bobby and CHRISTIAN Frost as Bobby/Emma. Nowadays I headcanon that at some future point, Bobby and Christian ask one of his sisters to donate an egg and go the surrogacy route - hence you still have Bobby's powers in a later branch of the Frost family tree. Orlando's the only one who has much interest in doing 2099 stuff these days, and he has hinted he has more coming, and he does seem to like Bobby/Christian, so I still hold out hope we get a December namedrop via Cerebra or another 2099 book that confirms this, lol.

As for December when she debuted in the 90s, keep in mind that at the time there was supposed to be a good century between the present day and the 2099 era, and December was only a teenager, so Bobby would have most likely been her great-great-grandfather, or somewhere along those lines. But regardless, I think the last name could easily be explained by the issues Bobby has with his parents, his dad in particular. Its not hard to imagine that he decides he doesn't have feel any particular need to preserve or pass down his family name, and so even a few generations down the line, his direct descendant is a Frost rather than a Drake.

Moonstar & Nova (not necessarily romantic)

They've got a lot in common, but on the surface they're opposites. Like flip sides of the same coin.

In common:
    • Both have a parent who is/was a teacher
    • Both became heroes as teens
    • Both lost their powers for an extended period of time
    • She's the first Midgardian Valkyrie. He's the first Terran member of Nova Corps (Though that might have been retconned)
    • She was the last Valkyrie, for awhile. He was the last member of Nova Corps, for awhile
    • Both infected by and survived the techno-organic virus
    • She cut her way out of a Draumar. He ripped Anihilus's guts out through the guy's mouth (Point being, they're not afraid to get messy)
    • Both have best friends who died and came back, leading to a stained relationship
    • Both died and came back traumatised (But who hasn't?)
    • Both leaders
    • If you count Dani's time with SHIELD, they've both been in law enforcement
    • Both written really well by Abnett and Lanning

Opposites:
    • Highschool teacher vs highschool dropout
    • Fantasy vs science fiction
    • Mutant psi powers vs. tech-based physical powers
    • Rancher's daughter vs. city slicker

It's a shame no writer is likely to explore this.