Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Ohh that would be a fun dynamic. They could be friends who bounce off each other. They wouldn't blend perfectly, but that's what makes it fun.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

That's what I'm thinking. It would also be fun to see Moonstar dealing with another space adventure or to toss Nova into Asgard.

Blade and Magik
    Gambit and Psylocke
    Miles Morales and Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Moonstar & Nova (not necessarily romantic)

They've got a lot in common, but on the surface they're opposites. Like flip sides of the same coin.

In common:
    • Both have a parent who is/was a teacher
    • Both became heroes as teens
    • Both lost their powers for an extended period of time
    • She's the first Midgardian Valkyrie. He's the first Terran member of Nova Corps (Though that might have been retconned)
    • She was the last Valkyrie, for awhile. He was the last member of Nova Corps, for awhile
    • Both infected by and survived the techno-organic virus
    • She cut her way out of a Draumar. He ripped Anihilus's guts out through the guy's mouth (Point being, they're not afraid to get messy)
    • Both have best friends who died and came back, leading to a stained relationship
    • Both died and came back traumatised (But who hasn't?)
    • Both leaders
    • If you count Dani's time with SHIELD, they've both been in law enforcement
    • Both written really well by Abnett and Lanning

Opposites:
    • Highschool teacher vs highschool dropout
    • Fantasy vs science fiction
    • Mutant psi powers vs. tech-based physical powers
    • Rancher's daughter vs. city slicker

It's a shame no writer is likely to explore this.
    Replying to my own post, but...

I read the Black Order mini last night and got another one for list of commonalities: Both transformed into evil henchmen/WMDs by dictators. (Hela in Dani's case, some galactic emperor whose name I don't remember in Rich's. )

At least Black Order only lasted 5 issues. I think the New Mutants storyline team for 12.

Northstar and Iceman should have an affair.

Scott should make amends with Danger, leading to a little fling.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Storm and Pyro!
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Firstly I am team Alex and Maddy but to answer question
    Alex (Havok) and Sage. Adding Sage to the Alex Maddy dynamic would strangely mirror the Emma/Scott/Jean dynamic.
    Alex and Dazzler, despite the Outback being where Alex and Maddy became a thing there was a lot of flirtation between Alex and Allison.
    Alex and Hepzibah, I know that crazy messy considering Cosair but...

Angelica and Jetstream
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sunspot and Warpath

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quentin Quire and Wither

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Storm and Pyro!
    Pyro seemed to admire Storm so much during Marauders, that one wouldn't surprise me, at least on his end, although I have trouble imagining Storm reciprocating.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Angelica and Jetstream
    I like that one. I'd like to see Firestar interact more with the Hellions (in non-hostile ways), and Jetstream hasn't had anything to do since......before his death, really.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Angelica and Jetstream
    I'd definitely like to see that as I've always been intrigued by Jetstream. His mutation supposedly caused problems, and he needed bionic systems to control it and use it for flight. Did those bionic systems come from Emma's company, or his rich Saudi parents? Not nearly enough middle eastern mutants, and particularly middle eastern men, so he's got that angle going for him, too.

The latter would imply that at least *someone* in his rich family is supportive enough to spend millions on a workaround, even if not every one of them has to be 'okay' with a mutant son. And the nature of his powers themselves are unclear. He was shown flying through trees and brick walls without the slightest hesitation, and yet a burst from Magma brought him out of the sky, clearly injured, so, appearances to the contrary, he's not *exactly* like Cannonball and 'invulnerable while ahm blastin.' He does seem invulnerable to kinetic damage, slamming into things, but not the *heat* from Magma's lava blast, which is at least one difference from Cannonball (who might *startled* by a bolt of lava hitting him when he's flying, but certainly wouldn't be *hurt* by it).

Post Krakoan resurrection, does he even still *have* those bionics? (Did Proteus just kind of wish them back, like he does with Wolverine's skeleton?) Post-resurrection, is his power once again uncontrollable, and possibly even unusable? (Great news, you're alive again! But, uh, don't use your power, it's not safe for you or anyone around you. Forge will work on a fix for you, but he's flat-out until 2172. So, uh, hang tight?) Or maybe Hope used her quiffy inconsistent powers to muck with other people's mutations to 'fix' whatever was so wrong it previously required bionics to safely use? So many questions!

In short, I want to know more about Jetstream!

Looking through Marauders and there might be something there between Emma and Kitty. Which is weird thinking about Claremont's era but they've really built them up since then.