Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Dirk's down to 10 minutes a game and career lows in just about everything, at this point the only way he could be "a healthy Dirk" would be with a time machine, he turns 41 in a few months

Adam Silver's appointing Dirk and Dwayne Wade to the all star game teams as special extra man spots, really like that move as a send off gesture(Wade announced he'll retire, one has to think Dirk is in his last real year as a basketball player, he can barely move out there)

Well, yeah, that's true. I cannot see any circumstance where Dirk re-ups for an astounding 22nd NBA season. He's retiring this spring.

I was more thinking that Porzingas comes back for the final regular season games in late March/ April and we get a brief glimpse of past and future together in the present with all 3 of them on the court at once.

And in other news .... what's going on with Kyrie Irving? Dude is flexing like LeBron, except that LeBron is the best player on the planet (and didn't publicly flex like this except at the end of his contract).

It sounds like Kyrie is a guy who right now has absolutely no clue what he wants to do with his future. Of which there is absolutely no shame in. Weigh all the options. He just keeps adding all this extra and unnecessary attention on him by constantly putting things out in into the public.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Pelicans apparently want 4 first round draft picks from the Lakers, as bizarre of a request as that is, think you have to take it if your Magic Johnson, just space it out over 7 or 8 years since rules prohibit a certain number of draft picks in consecutive years, assuming AD signs long term with you, and the Lakers are on his long term extension list, you won’t be in the lottery for a while anyway

I'm mad I didn't get to see Anthony Davis against the Pacers last night, granted they wouldn't have won if he had suited up. He's my favorite player and can't wait to see where he moves to.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pelicans apparently want 4 first round draft picks from the Lakers, as bizarre of a request as that is, think you have to take it if your Magic Johnson, just space it out over 7 or 8 years since rules prohibit a certain number of draft picks in consecutive years, assuming AD signs long term with you, and the Lakers are on his long term extension list, you won’t be in the lottery for a while anyway
    Magic knows he's in something of a bind. He's aware that Lebron hungers for one last title, but now has a shelf life (as evidenced by his having missed a month due to injury, the longest such stretch in his career) due to age and all those playoff miles on his odometer, so Magic has to do something to get the King the players he wants, and get them quick. As for all those draft picks, that's also a dicey proposition, but then, by the time that bill comes due, Lebron will most likely have retired, signaling the official start of the inevitable rebuild, so, why not shoot the works while he can?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Try to fleece 'em for all their worth. As shitty as an organization that the Pelicans are, at least have enough pride to deem yourself not just a farm team for the Lakers. If the Lakers balk, deal with someone else with better assets. And that won't be difficult to find. LA's assets are vastly overrated as it is. Not garbage by any means, just not what the media made them out to be to make a big deal out of the whole team upon LeBron's arrival. And there's always teams willing to take that one year rental risk.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying John Wall of the Wizards tore his Achilles in a fall at his home and will be out for a solid year.

Incredible Member

My Trail Blazers made a minor trade the other day, acquiring Rodney Hood from the Cleveland fire sale for two benchwarmers and two second-round picks. Hood might be available against Miami tonight. Blazers definitely got the best player in the deal; I'm looking forward to seeing him thrive.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Not more than a couple of hours ago, my Sixers acquired F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and guard Mike Scott from the clippers for rookie Landry Shamet along with veterans Wilson Chandler and Mike Muscala plus their own lottery-protected first-rounder in 2020, Miami's unprotected first in 2021 and two second-rounders according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Harris was the key player in the trade as he's having a career year averaging 20.7 points per game while shooting from beyond the arc at a whopping 42 percent.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ban-marjanovic

The Sixers are 2-0 since the trade mentioned in the post above. A hard fought 117-110 win over Denver Friday night was followed by a thorough 143-120 beatdown of the Lakers on national TV yesterday afternoon behind a 37 point, 14 rebound performance by Joel Embiid. To be honest, if it wasn't for the heroics of Kyle Kuzma who led L.A. with 39, including 23 in the first quarter, the curbstomp of Lebron and company would've been even greater. As for Harris, after a modest debut with 14 points in the win over the Nuggets, he notched 22 yesterday and looked comfortable in the offense. Between Harris, Embiid, Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler and JJ Redick, the Sixers easily have one of the most potent starting lineups in the league.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

I always had a low opinion of Lebron. Nice to see a huge fanbase turnning on him.

LeBroney is not in Cleveland anymore. LA already has a king and its Magic "freakin" Johnson.

Meanwhile, Dell Demps just got fired as GM for the Pelicans, AD is out with an injury and their coach called the team out as a dumpster fire.

Can the NBA get any more emo?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    LeBroney is not in Cleveland anymore. LA already has a king and its Magic "freakin" Johnson.
    If they would have the guts to trade him for Kawhi it would be like a folk tale about the youngest son. Or even Kawhi going to the Clippers and being better.
    Last edited by Red Robe Jaldari; 02-15-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    I always had a low opinion of Lebron. Nice to see a huge fanbase turnning on him.
    I don't , because Lebron literally carried Cleveland on his back for years. The last year they had no literal reason to be in the playoff or even win. Yet by his own power he somehow managed to get them there. Plus with what he has done off court as well with his building school to help people. So yeah Lebron is to me someone who really I'd never have a low opinion of and I'm not a NBA fan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't , because Lebron literally carried Cleveland on his back for years. The last year they had no literal reason to be in the playoff or even win. Yet by his own power he somehow managed to get them there. Plus with what he has done off court as well with his building school to help people. So yeah Lebron is to me someone who really I'd never have a low opinion of and I'm not a NBA fan.
    He quite likeds an org bending to his every whim. Last year was a great swhowcase why i want to see the ewnding of the 2 conferences.

School is largely taxpayer funded he just swooped in to claim the credit.