Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Wow the Clippers took a game and cousins is hurt.
    Durant fouled out right at the end, which really helped put the Clippers over the top. Warriors weren't making threes in the second half and they really needed Durant's inside game and defense to maintain pace - even with him the Clippers were gaining. Huge loss at home for them
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Cousins has a torn quad, so he's out for the year, first major injury I can remember the Warriors having since starting their current streak of making the finals

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Portland whacked Oklahoma City 114-94 last night to take a 2-0 lead in their series.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who's watching Pacers-Celtics tonight? I hope to, but it may not be televised in my area. Of the three games on the docket, it seems like the best potential.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Portland whacked Oklahoma City 114-94 last night to take a 2-0 lead in their series.
    Go Portland! I had them 4-1 ... they're already doing better than I thought.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Who's watching Pacers-Celtics tonight? I hope to, but it may not be televised in my area. Of the three games on the docket, it seems like the best potential.
    I'll tune in right after I return from the gym. Yeah, it figures to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    As I feel only a pair of Pacers fans here, sho nuff. They'd have beat ol' Brad if they hadn't set an NBA record for fewest points in a quarter with 8. First half the defense that got them here and helped keep them afloat after Vic went down finally showed. But to not hit water from a boat in the middle of the ocean after that was deflating. Boston has beat Indiana 4 straight now so essentially they've already swept them and now it's a whole Walking Dead thing here but keep hope alive.

Pistons/Bucks

Jazz/Rockets round it out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

An inconvenient truth?

Charles Barkley breaks the fourth wall yet again by saying NBA TV is “where we put the games we don’t care about”

One of the things that people love most about Charles Barkley is that he tells it like it is and really doesn’t seem to care about who might be upset with what he says. Wednesday on TNT’s NBA Tip-Off Show before Pacers-Celtics, the people he likely offended just might be the executives at Turner Sports.

Inside the NBA host Ernie Johnson was running down the list of games airing Wednesday, with Pacers-Celtics followed by Rockets-Jazz on the TNT doubleheader and Pistons-Bucks on NBA TV. That brought a question from Shaquille O’Neal about the East’s #1 seed being relegated to NBA TV, to which Barkley said, “Actually, Shaq, it’s really the Pistons on NBA TV.” (Sorry, Detroit fans, but four games in this series is probably going to be three games too many for America.)

Finally, Barkley just said it straight for the audience about NBA TV’s role in the postseason: “That’s where we put the games we don’t care about.”

I swear the best part of the NBA playoffs is watching that show.

No Joel Embiid, no problem for the Sixers who routed Brooklyn 131-115 in game three of the first round series last night. Ben Simmons led the way with 31 points, followed by Tobias Harris with 29 (plus 16 rebounds) and JJ Redick with 26.

What's the most exciting Finals matchup possible this year?

My team (the Detroit Pistons) are about to be swept out of the playoffs altogether, so I'm talking from a good-for-the-league (not a good-for-my-team) perspective.

I would have to say ...

Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks, with James Harden and Giannis Antetokounmpo as the centerpiece (and one of them will be the newly minted 2019 League MVP, and the other will be extra motivated because of the snub).

That series goes 7 games, and Game 7 goes down to the final possession.

Best case scenario for the League, right there, regardless of which teams wins at that point.

I'm all in on the Rockets this year simply because I want Chris Paul to finally get a ring

Watchin 6er's @ Nets, my man Afro Samurai is crushin it btw, I think a few years ago both these franchises were in dire straights. Nets with the Pokorof post Pierce moves and Philly in the midst of the Sam Heinke lose, lose, lose some more and then maybe win strategy. Now look at them both, kinda to bad they're going to eat each other up in the first round.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Philly pulled that win out of nowhere. Embiid Channeling Lebron. Easily the best game of the weekend.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Damian Lillard 50 points and another series-winning buzzer beater