Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean he's one of those players that you throw just about any assets you have to get short of a handful of players in the league
    Who knows what those "assets" might be. Multiple players and/or draft picks to be certain, then there's the hassle of making numbers work in terms of Davis' salary and the cap. Once Davis leaves, the Pelicans will turn into a lottery team/bottom feeder overnight, and stay in the basement for years, maybe a decade, so they'll rightfully demand the proverbial king's ransom in trade for him. Not many teams will be able to afford their asking price.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-28-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'd say for sure he goes to LA for draft picks.

Not sure the Pelicans take any players from LA in trade. Maybe if it was Ingram. Even so.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Kuzma and Ingram along with a first round pick are almost givens just to start the conversation

Pelicans are in the driver's seat here, esp since AD has more than 1 full year left on his contract.

Best move for NOLA is to do nothing until this summer, when the Boston Celtics can probably offer more than anyone (barring unforeseen circumstances).

There is no reason the Pels need to trade him to the Lakers for relative peanuts just to make LeBron happy.

Talk is of Kuzma, Ball, Zubac and some kind of multiple team deal to also bring over Kyrie Irving from Boston and Klay Thompson rom Golden State. Lol. People are just throwing s@$# at the wall at this point.

Meanwhile AD gets fined $50,000 for opening his big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Talk is of Kuzma, Ball, Zubac and some kind of multiple team deal to also bring over Kyrie Irving from Boston and Klay Thompson rom Golden State. Lol. People are just throwing s@$# at the wall at this point.

Meanwhile AD gets fined $50,000 for opening his big mouth.
    50 grand to Davis who'll earn $25,434,263 this season is like loose change under the sofa cushions to you and me.

So in a few hours it went from Kristaps Porzingis isn't satisfied with the Knick's direction(shocker) to Knicks think he's looking for a trade to Knicks have traded Porzingis to the Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    50 grand to Davis who'll earn $25,434,263 this season is like loose change under the sofa cushions to you and me.
    seriously, Davis makes over 6 times that(about 310k) per GAME

My Sixers beat Golden State 113-104 last night for the first time in six years. Joel Embiid paced the winners with 26 points and 20 rebounds while newly minted All-Star reserve Ben Simmons also added 26 while Steph Curry led all scorers with 41.

Wow: that Porzingas trade!

On the one hand (presuming KP can return to the court this season), can you imagine a Dallas frontcourt of Luka at point forward, a healthy Dirk at power forward, and a healthy Kristaps at center?

Would that not be the most briefly hyped all-Euro NBA frontcourt ever?

And on the other hand, I sincerely hope the Knicks do wildly overpay for Kevin Durant. And then fail miserably with him. Those two unlikable parties deserve each other in the worst way.

All in all, I'm good with this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

On the one hand (presuming KP can return to the court this season), can you imagine a Dallas frontcourt of Luka at point forward, a healthy Dirk at power forward, and a healthy Kristaps at center?

And on the other hand, I sincerely hope the Knicks do wildly overpay for Kevin Durant. And then fail miserably with him. Those two unlikable parties deserve each other in the worst way.

That's because you aren't a Knicks fan.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For Porzingis who said he wanted to be in a winning situation, I'm not sure that Dallas (currently 23-28) qualifies. Sure, Doncic looks like a star in the making, but how much tread is left on Nowitzki's tires, and can the Mavs mount a serious challenge in the perpetually stacked Western Conference? Hell, Anthony Davis is bailing on the Pelicans because their window on competing for a championship has effectively closed, are the Mavs, just half a game ahead of them in the division, in any better a position? The Knicks were shrewd to have sent the Unicorn out of the East to flounder on a middle of the pack squad in the West.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-01-2019 at 08:35 AM.

The Knicks traded their two best players with KP and Hardaway Jr. And we know Cantor will be gone. How are they going to attract a marquee player without any good players around them? Zion Williamson is not a sure thing if they don't get the #1 pick.
    Do they think they can get Davis and some one like Irving or KD?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Sixers beat Golden State 113-104 last night for the first time in six years. Joel Embiid paced the winners with 26 points and 20 rebounds while newly minted All-Star reserve Ben Simmons also added 26 while Steph Curry led all scorers with 41.
    Lucky! No, haha, actually well done Philly. They had a huge 3rd quarter, which is usually Golden State's MO. Embiid, 20 rebounds. 20! And nice D from Simmons all night long.

Celtics might have a tougher time getting past them this year, might not get past them actually.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-01-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Dirk's down to 10 minutes a game and career lows in just about everything, at this point the only way he could be "a healthy Dirk" would be with a time machine, he turns 41 in a few months

Adam Silver's appointing Dirk and Dwayne Wade to the all star game teams as special extra man spots, really like that move as a send off gesture(Wade announced he'll retire, one has to think Dirk is in his last real year as a basketball player, he can barely move out there)

These next seven days are going to be verrry interesting indeed