Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Sixers roared out of the gate last night, thumping Brooklyn to the tune of a 32-15 first quarter lead en route to a 122-100 dismissal of the Nets and a second round date with Toronto.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yea it was real quiet and awkward when Ernie Johnson came back from the break, with zero shot of Kenny, Shaq or Charles until the pull away from the rafters at the end of this reporting. Dropped it and and went back out to commercial. Kings might have to find another coach if this gets any more abrasive.

OKC is out in the first round for the second year of the Paul George/Westbrook era. 1-7 in playoffs if I'm recalling right.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yea it was real quiet and awkward when Ernie Johnson came back from the break, with zero shot of Kenny, Shaq or Charles until the pull away from the rafters at the end of this reporting. Dropped it and and went back out to commercial. Kings might have to find another coach if this gets any more abrasive.
    Which brings up the inevitable question: Did GM Vlade Divac and the Kings' front office know about the allegation before they hired Walton? If not, okay, they can claim they were blindsided by Walton who kept that information from them, if they did however, then this mess gets even smellier and shittier.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-24-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Just got an alert that Boston Celtics Hall of Famer John Havlicek has passed away at 79.

Just got an alert that Boston Celtics Hall of Famer John Havlicek has passed away at 79.
    It is sadly true. RIP Hondo. Here's the Celtics statement.

AAAACeltic.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Even though this play happened against my Sixers, Mr. Havlicek is forever immortalized here:

Even though this play happened against my Sixers, Mr. Havlicek is forever immortalized here:

It helped immortalize announcer Johnny Most as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Philly! Took one from form the goofy ass Raptors. It was close though.
    You bet yer ass.

My Sixers cranked it up on defense last night, earning the split. It sure didn't hurt that Toronto had serious shooting woes in the first half, leading to a 19 point lead at one point, and that was with Joel Embiid hobbled by a stomach ailment, so Jimmy Butler led the charge with 30 points and 11 rebounds.

It was an exciting game - Philly surge or the inevitable Raptor playoff implosion coming early.

Tonight my Warriors are going to have their hands full with a pissed off Rockets team. Everyone's talking about Scott Foster the head referee tonight, though, which is disappointing. I mean, its obvious that had the Warriors lost Game 1 they would have been the ones whining, but I would hope it wouldn't have been as badly as the Rockets have been.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-30-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Hell of a game 2 here Hou@GS, least to begin with. Finger dislocations and all. Am I the only one who can't stand PJ Tucker? I mean not like a Draymon Green dislike, at least Green is useful. How is Igoudala still so damn productive at this point too. Warriors had a lul there but Houston needs to keep pace. 11 from Austin Rivers before the half is huge. Fuckin hell, I hate to have to turn this game off but its past my bedtime. GS up 12 right before the half.
    You bet yer ass.

Iguadala? MVP in the NBA finals this one time a few years back. In the playoffs he tends to step up, sporadically but spectacularly. And he absolutely was a key to the Warriors winning in 2015.

Its pretty funny though, as its mainly because he defended Lebron. It was the second time that someone wins MVP simply because Lebron was the guy they had to match up against.

Last night he defended against Chris Paul. So a little bit of a downgrade.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yea that Iguanadolla, I feel he's been in the league for only the last 200 years. He was the Man in Philly, next in popularity to probably only Illy Al in the past 20 years. Maybe I'm likely misremembering how long he was even a 6'er or that was an even worse move dumping him off to do what ultimately got he and the 6'ers to the points they are now.
    You bet yer ass.

My Sixers made short work of Toronto here in Philly last night, whacking the Raptors 116-95 behind 33 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks from Joel Embiid. Kawhi Leonard (33) and Pascal Siakam (20) did all they could for Toronto but got little help from their teammates as the Sixers take a 2-1 series lead.