Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Its all about building a team they think can match GS. Not sure anyone can do it.

If the Raptors end up beating the Dubs, all these teams that are imploding could well look stupid.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

moreso if the Warriors start breaking up this year

My takeaway is hopefully this is the end of Dantoni's fuckadefense philosopy he keeps convincing GM's with. How he got such a high profile gig after his stint with the Knicks reeks of 'good ole' boy' business practices.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Cousins gettin loose with a double double and 26 minutes, Igudalla with the dagger. GS stayed with it and Toronto's strength isnt taking road wins.
    You bet yer ass.

Toronto got rattle like crazy at the start of the second half. GS got in their head through guys like Iggy, Boogie, Cook and Livingston. Of all the people on the Dubs, you don't want those guys in there doing well! Raptors D was good, as expected with the wounded Warriors squad, but they just couldn't shoot worth beans when it counted. Very bad look on them here.

Whelp. Durrant has gotta come back for game 4 now. Steph had damn near 50 points and couldnt keep it within 10. I'block'a was huge strong tho for TOR. I don't like seeing Lowry win personally so Im really not prepared to see the Raptors win the Finals.
    You bet yer ass.

Gutsy attempt by the Warriors, but the Raptors are at full strength and finally seemed to get their game completely together. Thats really all this was about.

The fan who pushed Lowry was apparently a minority share owner of the Warriors, lol. I'd have pushed that pud, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gutsy attempt by the Warriors, but the Raptors are at full strength and finally seemed to get their game completely together. Thats really all this was about.

The fan who pushed Lowry was apparently a minority share owner of the Warriors, lol. I'd have pushed that pud, too.
    Well the part owner has now been banned for the rest of the Finals and likely will face some sort of further punishment from the league. It's a punk ass move on the guy's part too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Well the part owner has now been banned for the rest of the Finals and likely will face some sort of further punishment from the league. It's a punk ass move on the guy's part too.
    Yah I agree and didn't mean to make light of it. On TV it seemed different than it actually turned out to be. On TV, even with the replay it seemed like the owner guy was pushing Lowry off after he landed on him. Nope, the owner was 1000% in the wrong here and was the pud. The owner guy got away easy, I think, for what he chose to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I agree and didn't mean to make light of it. On TV it seemed different than it actually turned out to be. On TV, even with the replay it seemed like the owner guy was pushing Lowry off after he landed on him. Nope, the owner was 1000% in the wrong here and was the pud. The owner guy got away easy, I think, for what he chose to do.
    The $500,000 fine and year's "suspension" might not be the end of things. There's been some mention that the league might force him to sell his shares in the team.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

If the Raptors had not given away game 2, this would be a sweep. Amazing how they are beating GS. KD could still come back and they can take 3 in a row, but right now Toronto is beating the champs handily.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think the Raptors shut the door on Golden State Monday night and claim the crown. Of course, the following narrative will be that Toronto's championship was tainted because the Warriors weren't at full strength, what with Kevin Durant having been out for the series. I can that nonsense coming a mile away.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-08-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If the Raptors had not given away game 2, this would be a sweep. Amazing how they are beating GS. KD could still come back and they can take 3 in a row, but right now Toronto is beating the champs handily.
    Durant isn't able to get on the floor to even practice, doubt we see him again this season, and possibly ever in a Warriors jersey again

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think the Raptors shut the door on Golden State Monday night and claim the crown. Of course, the following narrative will be that Toronto's championship was tainted because the Warriors weren't at full strength, what with Kevin Durant having been out for the series. I can that nonsense coming a mile away.
    Gotta disagree. Health is always part of championships in any sport, and the "if" game is for suckers.

The 2015 Warriors beat a Cavs team missing both Kyrie and Kevin Love and no one puts an asterisk by their title.

Oh, yeah, that reminds me: hey Golden State, HOW DOES IT FEEL???

Yeah the Warriors have benefited pretty much every year they've won a chip from the other team having key injuries. Last year Chris Paul goes down right as the Rockets seemingly take control of the series, the year before that Kawhi goes down in game 1 of the WCF, Kyrie going down in the first game of the Finals their first championship, etc. The NBA is an endurance game as much as it is a talent game and always has been