Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 156
  1. #31
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Jimmy Butler has been traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Philadelphia 76ers.

    The 76ers are trading forwards Robert Covington and Dario Saric, guard Jerryd Bayless, and a 2022 second-round pick for Butler and forward Justin Patton, sources said.

    Well, something had to done. This is better than nothing, I guess.

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,703

    Default

    Minny just didn't want to trade him in-conference, which I could see the wisdom in. But man Houston offered a butt ton more than this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  3. #33
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Jimmy Butler has been traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Philadelphia 76ers.

    The 76ers are trading forwards Robert Covington and Dario Saric, guard Jerryd Bayless, and a 2022 second-round pick for Butler and forward Justin Patton, sources said.

    Well, something had to done. This is better than nothing, I guess.
    As a Sixers fan, I was pleasantly surprised at the news about Butler. I thought Minnesota would’ve asked for a first round pick and Markelle Fultz in addition to what was sent to the T-Pups. Suddenly, Boston, Toronto and Milwaukee have something to worry about.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #34
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As a Sixers fan, I was pleasantly surprised at the news about Butler. I thought Minnesota would’ve asked for a first round pick and Markelle Fultz in addition to what was sent to the T-Pups. Suddenly, Boston, Toronto and Milwaukee have something to worry about.
    Anyone else think that Coach Thibodeau ultimately loses his job for sticking with Butler (over KAT, Wiggins, and ownership) for as long as he did?

    Also, LeBron getting a still-useful Tyson Chandler as a backup to JaVale McGee at center is an A+ move for the Lakers ... they might actually make some noise this season now.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    This might be the biggest depth of true talented big men Lebron's ever played with

  6. #36
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Uh-oh, the hyper-irritant Draymond Green upset the hyper-sensitive Kevin Durant by not giving him the ball in the final seconds of regulation last night.

    Now KD is for sure leaving the Warriors next summer.

    Just kidding! KD was always going to leave after this season! This dust-up changed nothing.

  7. #37
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Uh-oh, the hyper-irritant Draymond Green upset the hyper-sensitive Kevin Durant by not giving him the ball in the final seconds of regulation last night.

    Now KD is for sure leaving the Warriors next summer.

    Just kidding! KD was always going to leave after this season! This dust-up changed nothing.
    Agreed. The Dubs will just circle the wagons and kill everyone to claim yet another championship.

    Meanwhile, Jimmy Butler makes his 76ers debut in Orlando tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #38
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Should Carmelo Anthony call it a career after this season?

    Dude can't contribute to a good team anymore, and would probably be too miserable on a bad team. His game hasn't aged anywhere near as well as draftmate LeBron James' has, he's too old/slow for the run and gun trend, doesn't play D, doesn't do enough O to make up for his lack of D.

    Is this the end of the road for Melo?

    Who, to be fair, will still waltz into the Basketball Hall of Fame on his first ballot, even if he retired today.

  9. #39
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Should Carmelo Anthony call it a career after this season?

    Dude can't contribute to a good team anymore, and would probably be too miserable on a bad team. His game hasn't aged anywhere near as well as draftmate LeBron James' has, he's too old/slow for the run and gun trend, doesn't play D, doesn't do enough O to make up for his lack of D.

    Is this the end of the road for Melo?

    Who, to be fair, will still waltz into the Basketball Hall of Fame on his first ballot, even if he retired today.
    I read an interesting article that Melo entered the league at the wrong time - as in, the same time as LeBron. They are kind of an updated Michael Jordan vs. Dominique Wilkins. Both deserving first-time Hall of Famers, but leagues apart when it comes to influence and legacy.

    His end reminds me of Allen Iverson, who ended up hurt and unwanted after his days with the 76ers came to a close.

  10. #40
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    This might be the biggest depth of true talented big men Lebron's ever played with
    I don't know. I think the Shaq/Ilgauskas/Varejao/Antawn Jamison he had in 2010 was pretty stro....

    Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face typing that...

  11. #41
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,834

    Default

    Jimmy Butler scores 28 in his home debut as the Sixers beat Utah 113-107. Meanwhile, Philly remains the only unbeaten team at home at 8-0.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  12. #42
    Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I read an interesting article that Melo entered the league at the wrong time - as in, the same time as LeBron. They are kind of an updated Michael Jordan vs. Dominique Wilkins. Both deserving first-time Hall of Famers, but leagues apart when it comes to influence and legacy.

    His end reminds me of Allen Iverson, who ended up hurt and unwanted after his days with the 76ers came to a close.
    Did Carmelo ever really care about winning in the NBA opposed to being a big market and having a personal brand?

  13. #43
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Do you see the Lakers, at some point this season, trying out a small-ball line-up that features LeBron James at center?

    I really hope to see this, even just in limited attempts. If Draymond Green can do it for whole games, LeBron James can play as a small-ball 5, and guard other small-ball pivots.

    Separately, it's a given that both Vince Carter and Dirk Nowitzki, the 2 oldest players in the league (and draftmates from the Class of 1998), will both retire after this year, their respective 21st season in the NBA.

    Neither of these two future HOFers can possibly want to sit up for a mind-boggling 22nd season, can they?

  14. #44
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,834

    Default

    For a second straight game, Jimmy Butler paid dividends for the Sixers after he sank a three-pointer with under a second left in overtime to secure a 122-119 win in Charlotte last night, spoiling a career game for point guard Kemba Walker who torched my squad for 60.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #45
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    LeBron returned to Cleveland and got a hero's welcome from the crowd. Then his Lakers played a good game Sunday the Cavs and won.

    I totally see LeBron signing a one-day contract with the Cavs after he is done in L.A. to retire "as a Cavalier".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •