Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You're on trial...

You're on trial for Murder 1 and the prosecutor leading the case against you is Jack McCoy (Law and Order) and he's enlisted Harvey Specter (Suits) and Alan Shore (Boston Legal) in his team; both of whom are more used to defending clients so they'll be invaluable in figuring out defendant strategies and curbing those to put you behind bars. The case against you is circumstantial and could go either way.

Name your team of three fictional lawyers to defend you. Will you be acquitted?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Can I just get a normal lawyer and wait for Jack McCoy to do something flagrantly illegal?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Pheonix Wright, Matt Murdock and She Hulk

If the case is circumstancial and can go either way, any competant team should win this due to the high standards of beyond a reasonable doubt, which favors the defense.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

That just means McCoy is gonna go manufacture evidence or something.

Edit: Also I'm kind of wondering if I can fill all three of my slots with Matlocks.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Ben Matlock, Matt Murdock, and Perry Mason.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Don't worry. I've got a guy for that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Perry Mason. Mike Ross, Harvey Birdman.

Mighty Member

Team lead is Ben Matlock. Proving a client's innocence during trial is his thing. He will be assisted by Atticus Finch and Mike Ross.

I seriously like my chances going to trial, especially since the evidence is all circumstantial. It's on the prosecution to make the jury believe the evidence isn't, and with two extremely honest defenders whom most juries are going to love and one extremely repentant former criminal bleeding heart who firmly believes in my innocence and will fight like hell to prove it with every amount of brilliance he has, it's likely I'm a free man by the end of the week.

South Park's Johnny Cochran, Denny Crane (To throw Alan Shore off his game), and SHADO THE BRAIN THIEF!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ben Matlock, Matt Murdock, and, oh, let's say Jen Walters.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I visit Vito Corleone.

"Godfather, I come to you for justice. These are bum charges, but they want to put me away...."

"I'm going take care of this thing. The jury will find you innocent, no matter what these prosecuting shysters say. And someday in the future—and that day may never come—I'll call upon you to provide me with a service...."

"Godfather!" (Kisses hand.)

Attachment 72416

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Btw, Harvey extremely hates the tactic of manufacturing or burying evidence (it's the very reason he hates his former boss, DA Cameron Dennis, with a passion). There's no way he's knowingly letting McCoy manufacture or bury evidence.

That doesn't mean McCoy won't do this, of course, but he's going to have to keep Harvey out of the loop, which once Harvey figures it out, means Harvey's out. Harvey, despite the shadiness of helping Mike commit fraud, is actually a very honest man. He doesn't mind bluffing dishonest people, but he definitely won't willingly join in framing an innocent man just to win a case.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    South Park's Johnny Cochran, Denny Crane (To throw Alan Shore off his game), and SHADO THE BRAIN THIEF!
    Ok, I have to admit that's brilliant. I should've immediately thought of the Chewbacca defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Ok, I have to admit that's brilliant. I should've immediately thought of the Chewbacca defense.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Oh, no. Depending on which of my many MANY Murders they're talking about I totally did it. Probably premeditated it too. But they were all aggressive self-defense, or more usually defending others. And probably out of your jurisdiction anyway. SO yeah.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!